Final Fantasy X HD In "Early Development

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't fully read this thread (just skimmed), but as my opinion stands, Final Fantasy X and X-2 as a whole are absolutely fantastic. Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced was EASILY the best installment in the Tactics series and is one of my personal favorite Final Fantasies of all time. XII is probably my least favorite console Final Fantasy, tying with the original Final Fantasy (the one that had like NO story), and my favorites are, in order from greatest to least, X, XIII, IV, VIII, VII.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Everyone needs to understand.

"To each their own"

Many people don't like it. Many people do like it. The thing though is that usually the people who don't like something are more vocal in their dislike. That doesn't mean because more people are complaining about it than there are arguing that it is good doesn't mean there is a greater number of dislikes to likes.

While I myself don't particularly care for the game as a whole, it was decent in some aspects. As far as why they went to remake this rather than something from the PSX line is, imo, mainly because of the setup that FFX has in comparison. The PSX FFs drew largely on pre-rendered environments, while FFX went with full 3D environments (most of the time). It's just easier to take something an improve it than to take something and redo it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFX says Japan's wrong. It was cack....worst FF since FFTA, and worst FF on the PS2.
I beg to differ, Final Fantasy X-2 anyone?

(*Proceeds to start gag reflex*)

How anyone could like this game is better than FFX is beyond me. FFX-2 was far worse.
FFX-2 was indeed worse that FFx one the worse FF game ever

why are we getting this in HD and not FF7 cuz last time i check some group of people not me seem to like that better don't get me wrong FF7 is not great but is no FF10 aleast

Final Fantasy 7-9 are the only ones worth remaking in any capacity, because they were the last of a great franchise on consoles anyway, aside from the Tactics games for the PS1, GBA/DS and PSP.
While remakes of 7-9 would be awesome, they'll likely never happen. They'd have to completely redo all the prerendered stuff, which is just too much of an undertaking. There are PC versions of 7 and 8 if anyone's interested, and I do believe there's actually something of a modding scene for 7.

Also, give it a rest people, FFX wasn't that bad.

The PC remakes had excellent filtering for the graphics, but without mods, the music was pure garbage compared to the PSX counterparts. FFVIII had especially bad music on the PC version *shudder*. But you're right, they should remake FF7 through FF9.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i started to play it again , just to finish it lol

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7194/dgsxghyxhy.png

i play on the pc , already sort of hd compared to the original xD

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to say it's too early for a remake, then I saw the release date. Omg I only played it last year! I'm more behind than I thought :S

Still it is only one console generation old, and a lot of the people who'd be interested in FFX probably still have a working PS2.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Japan says you're wrong

FFX says Japan's wrong. It was cack....worst FF since FFTA, and worst FF on the PS2.

Oh come on, now you're just being harsh. It was a great title. Standard turn based RPG with lots of exploring. Unlike FFX-2 which was horrendous (though the battle system was sweet). I'd gladly get a Vita for FFX, easily my favorite FF behind VIII.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Standard turn based RPG with lots of exploring. Unlike FFX-2 which was horrendous (though the battle system was sweet). I'd gladly get a Vita for FFX, easily my favorite FF behind VIII.
You call FFX-2 horrendous yet it is way more open than X and actually has exploring rather than a big straight path until the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...