Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2, FF7 Rebirth, releases early 2024

Square Enix is finally ready to offer an update to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth, has gotten a new 3-minute trailer showing story and gameplay. The game will release as a PlayStation 5 exclusive, and will be a two-disc release. Rebirth will launch sometime in early 2024.

LOS ANGELES (June 8, 2023) As a part of today’s Summer Game Fest Live show, SQUARE ENIX® revealed a new gameplay trailer for FINAL FANTASY® VII REBIRTH, the highly anticipated new story in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VII remake project. The trailer teased the game’s mysterious story elements, thrilling combat and expansive world that players can look forward to experiencing in early 2024.

A new trailer for the upcoming mobile game FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS also debuted, announcing the start of pre-registration* on the App Store and Google Play. By pre-registering on an Android device, users will have the chance to participate in an upcoming closed beta test planned for July 6-13, 2023 (PST)**. FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS is a chapter-structured RPG experience that will cover key elements of the FINAL FANTASY VII timeline, including the events of the original game, plus new story elements penned by FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE story and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima surrounding a young hero, Sephiroth.

LucasM3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank You for answering me in spoilers. I didn't mean to cause you to debate ;)

I think one thing is for sure I have to play FF7 CC first.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I think FF7 CC is B-grade spin-off that hurts the OG story and its characters more than it does embellish them. To each their own, but generally speaking, you don't need to play a spin-off to enjoy a real "Final Fantasy" game.

Reactions: DS1

namekawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't think it fits in a trilogyCompletion is still far awayIf you want to add a strange story, please make it quickly

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wouldn't say 'for sure', but the presence of at least 2 Major characters from it shouuuuld be felt in this game (even if not major characters). One who we saw at the end of FF7R1, the other is a major char in CC and we see their name in the trailer.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS5 Exclusive?
Just like OG?

Also, isn't Xbox a tad bit more powerful than PS5?
It seems interesting, I might play this since it looks more like an Action-RPG instead of old JRPG style.
If so than that's really fvcked up on Sony's part. It'll probably be a year-timed exclusive on the Epic Games Store platform before coming to Steam since Sony owns shares in Epic.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If so than that's really fvcked up on Sony's part. It'll probably be a year-timed exclusive on the Epic Games Store platform before coming to Steam since Sony owns shares in Epic.
At this point, FF7 Remake is a cash grab.
SONY would be very stupid to leave it as a PS5 Exclusive.
I'm not talking about the excuse for a console that Nintendo's been milking for 7 years.

Reactions: urbanman2004

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one waiting for all 3 parts to come out before touching these?
Nope, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Which I realize is kind of a mistake, because each one (apparently?) draws out sections of the game in a way that they're meant to be played separately, far apart.

Like my feeling, "oh I don't want to be stuck and have to wait another 3-4 years to see my favorite part" is probably misplaced due to the way they're handling the story.

Plus I just care about Costa Del Sol, which the events in this trailer lead us to believe should be included...

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto