Square Enix plans to release fewer games in an attempt to ensure higher quality games

sqaure.png

Square Enix is a major publisher, with many smaller studios under its umbrella. In the past few years, we've seen a lot more games than usual released by Square Enix, which included the likes of Harvestella, Various Daylife, Valkyrie Elysium, Octopath Traveler II, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, Forspoken, and more. They also managed to launch a number of remakes and remasters, ranging from Live A Live, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion, Tactics Ogre: Reborn, Star Ocean: The Second Story R, and the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, all within the last two years.

Following all this, it looks like Square won't be adhering to such a rapid output, going forward. In an interview that has been recently translated (courtesy of Twitter user Genki_JPN), Square Enix's current present and director, Takashi Kiryu, stated the company's aims to release a wide variety of titles that suit lots of players' genre preferences haven't gone as well as they'd hoped.

As our customers’ needs and the types of devices available have diversified, we have tried to produce hits by developing a wide variety of titles rather than by focusing only on certain ones. I believe that this has resulted in the splintering of our resource pool.

Going forward, the new plan is to release fewer titles, with more structure, so that Square Enix's overall lineup has more quality and focus.

It has less to do with our development function and more to do with the numerous entries in our lineup. I want to structure our development function so that we are able to ensure higher quality from each title by slimming down our lineup.

Right now, Square only has a handful of titles in the pipeline that they've announced, with DLC for Final Fantasy XVI, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and SaGa: Emerald Beyond all due out before the end of this year.

:arrow: Source

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is good. they need to work on inovating on their game mechanics. aside from the new ff7 remake, all their games feel dated af

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
y'all think this means actually better games? no, it just means all those AA games they've been doing are gonna get the axe

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fkn finally. Could we see a jumpstart in the Mana series? Or maybe them fricking stop dipping their hand into gachas?
So many of those died off with playerbases fuming since their "investments" evaporated. Would be nice to see the PixelRemasters get a font upgrade too.

I really don’t blame them if they continue to make gacha game as long as there’s someone out there willing to spend millions of dollar in these gacha games per month

blame the player not the game. and those people where their “investment” evaporated fully deserved them

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy for Square Enix make new game name is Visions of Mana (PS4/X/PS5/PC) $59.99. I will wait for price drop to 40 dollars or less then I will order to buy Visions of Mana for my PS4/PS5! My best favorite are RPG games! I always love RPG games because of awesome story and a lot of adventures to explore where need to go different places to do to finish list of quests.

I remember Secret of Mana on SNES when I was kid love playing all of times. It's my favorite all of times. I been waiting for Visions of Mana game like over many years! Wow! I can't believe that finally coming to PS4/5, Xbox X and PC! Yay!

Visions of Mana for PS5

1705766092412.png

To anyone who are Secret of Mana (SNES) fans must buy Visions of Mana game!

Time to party on! Cheers! :grog::hrth::yay:

Last edited by console,
  • Love
Reactions: Ligeia

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actraiser Renaissance was extremely good despite the bad graphics. They need to do more of that: give their properties to passionate developers that clearly loved the original along with small budgets and instructions to focus on making the gameplay, story and music shine instead of spending millions chasing a graphics ceiling that will look dated anyways in a few years.
Not years, weeks.

Graphic cards and devices are constantly evolving and improving in many ways. Seeking "high-end" graphics as the one and only goal is a waste of resources for the devs, the publishers and the customers all alike.

Good graphics don't make good games.

Reactions: Kraken_X

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm happy for Square Enix make new game name is Visions of Mana (PS4/X/PS5/PC) $59.99. I will wait for price drop to 40 dollars or less then I will order to buy Visions of Mana for my PS4/PS5! My best favorite are RPG games! I always love RPG games because of awesome story and a lot of adventures to explore where need to go different places to do to finish list of quests.

I remember Secret of Mana on SNES when I was kid love playing all of times. It's my favorite all of times. I been waiting for Visions of Mana game like over many years! Wow! I can't believe that finally coming to PS4/5, Xbox X and PC! Yay!

Visions of Mana for PS5

View attachment 415093

To anyone who are Secret of Mana (SNES) fans must buy Visions of Mana game!

Time to party on! Cheers! :grog::hrth::yay:
I can't wait for this game ! ;)

I also want a Dawn of Mana HD remaster.

• Love
Reactions: console

Pup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second this. Screw the mobile KH games! I wanna whack Stormtroopers with the Keyblade!
I just hope Kingdom Hearts 4 is the last of the series, or the end of Sora's involvement. The story is abysmally convoluted, it just needs to either stop completely and leave it after 4, or a hard reset.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope Kingdom Hearts 4 is the last of the series, or the end of Sora's involvement. The story is abysmally convoluted, it just needs to either stop completely and leave it after 4, or a hard reset.
It's not that complicated once you learn to wrap your head around a few key plot points.
While I agree that it seems the story is pretty exhausted at this point, KHIV is the beginning of a new arc as confirmed by SE so 4 being the last game is unlikely.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good,their names where getting ridiculous

Attachments

• 7db3ec206a0d8488767e4905eae7cd7f70adc1a4d2d9b8b3a76dbc2fc3f6918b.jpeg
    7db3ec206a0d8488767e4905eae7cd7f70adc1a4d2d9b8b3a76dbc2fc3f6918b.jpeg
    921.4 KB · Views: 10

Pup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that complicated once you learn to wrap your head around a few key plot points.
While I agree that it seems the story is pretty exhausted at this point, KHIV is the beginning of a new arc as confirmed by SE so 4 being the last game is unlikely.
Oh, I actually didn't know that. The only thing I've seen about KH4 was the announcement trailer and that was it, never knew they actually acknowledged it lol.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh so that means Kingdom Hearts 4 is actually gonna be good.

The PS2 game, why?
Because :
- it's really underrated
- it's the only main Seiken game that never got a remake
- a remake would be a great opportunity to improve on some issues and get this entry some spotlight

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I actually didn't know that. The only thing I've seen about KH4 was the announcement trailer and that was it, never knew they actually acknowledged it lol.
Yeah. KH1 through Melody of Memory is one story arc, and KH4 will be starting a second arc.
Looks like we're in this for the long haul, for better or worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto