Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't memory card storage space still an issue on the Vita? Because if it's not, i'm going to look for a first generation one with an OLED screen.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: LoyalZero1

Huehue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WOOOOOOW

6 months D:

Well time to burn my gigantic backlog (i didn't start any gaems thinking the Type 0 would be done soon).

Btw Sky, you will stop your patch if a oficial translation comes out for Vita?

Kosmox

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope that Sky team won't stop, even if Vita version is released.
I am not complaining about waiting, I can easy wait far longer then august 2014 (really it's 1,5 year for a THAT big game, it's really good speed, faster than usual fan translation I would say).
But I am not getting Vita anytime soon, I am already sad, that I can't play Super Dangan Ronpa 2 on psp, because Project Zetsubou dropped their translation when NISA announced, that they will release Vita port in English...

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that Sky team won't stop, even if Vita version is released.
I am not complaining about waiting, I can easy wait far longer then august 2014 (really it's 1,5 year for a THAT big game, it's really good speed, faster than usual fan translation I would say).
But I am not getting Vita anytime soon, I am already sad, that I can't play Super Dangan Ronpa 2 on psp, because Project Zetsubou dropped their translation when NISA announced, that they will release Vita port in English...

Seconded.

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ready to learn Japanese
I think it is funny why would someone say that who looked on English trans
If I could read it already the merged is more then enough :rolleyes:
Why did that person even care if it translated if they could have learned it all in 3years then why not play it as is now

Because stories are easier to read in your native language? And just guessing, but 3 years of Japanese isn't going to cover all the kanji used in Agito.

Reactions: Randqalan

zenjirou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am quite tempted to hack my Vita just to play Type-0 there.... I just want to know, how safe is it guys? Can I go back to OFW if I switched to CFW at least once? I mean I still wanna enjoy PSN goodies after I finish Type-0 on my Vita...

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
I am quite tempted to hack my Vita just to play Type-0 there.... I just want to know, how safe is it guys? Can I go back to OFW if I switched to CFW at least once? I mean I still wanna enjoy PSN goodies after I finish Type-0 on my Vita...
The custom firmware is PSP-only and is inside its own app. Look on Wololo for more information, but its entirely safe.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because stories are easier to read in your native language? And just guessing, but 3 years of Japanese isn't going to cover all the kanji used in Agito.
The reason I posted that was because someone on sky's blog said in 3 years zypher should have learned Japanese

Made no sense to me either then why is that person not playing it right now instead of complaining about the release date and yes 3 years to learn the language would be hard especially to learn it all

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the Vita hacking:
There is still an exploitable game being sold on the PSN! It's called Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Sony is doing maintenance Monday at 5:30pm, and will likely remove this game to get rid of the exploit in future firmware.
Go buy the game it's only $9.99. Go to http://wololo.net/2014/03/09/private-release-exploit-game-leaked-get-it-while-its-hot-vita-fw-3-01/
That website will explain how to use an exploited save game file to then install custom firmware in the PSP environment.
I've played Type-0 for a few minutes on there using this method. Looks good (not as good as PPSSPP though).
The colors on the OLED version look particularly beautiful.

Off-topic: I wish there was an English demo lol :lol:
EDIT: And what the above poster said, the custom firmware is basically emulating the PSP XMB using the Vita's own PSP emulator (which cannot normally be accessed, but its there in the hardware code). There are no native Vita exploits, the PSP CFW does not really communicate at all with Vita, and at the moment there is no way to play Vita games via backups, etc. There is no Vita CFW.
But there is no way Sony can detect that you have PSP CFW installed, so unlike PS3 CFW, you can feel safe logging into PSN/PS Store. But they will likely bring Vita firmware 3.02+ tomorrow anyway, so if you do install PSP CFW, do not upgrade to Vita firmware 3.02+ or you will lose your exploit!!!

Reactions: LoyalZero1

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the Vita hacking:
There is still an exploitable game being sold on the PSN! It's called Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Sony is doing maintenance Monday at 5:30pm, and will likely remove this game to get rid of the exploit in future firmware.
Go buy the game it's only $9.99. Go to http://wololo.net/2014/03/09/private-release-exploit-game-leaked-get-it-while-its-hot-vita-fw-3-01/
That website will explain how to use an exploited save game file to then install custom firmware in the PSP environment.
I've played Type-0 for a few minutes on there using this method. Looks good (not as good as PPSSPP though).
The colors on the OLED version look particularly beautiful.

Off-topic: I wish there was an English demo lol :lol:
EDIT: And what the above poster said, the custom firmware is basically emulating the PSP XMB using the Vita's own PSP emulator (which cannot normally be accessed, but its there in the hardware code). There are no native Vita exploits, the PSP CFW does not really communicate at all with Vita, and at the moment there is no way to play Vita games via backups, etc. There is no Vita CFW.
But there is no way Sony can detect that you have PSP CFW installed, so unlike PS3 CFW, you can feel safe logging into PSN/PS Store. But they will likely bring Vita firmware 3.02+ tomorrow anyway, so if you do install PSP CFW, do not upgrade to Vita firmware 3.02+ or you will lose your exploit!!!

If it helps any, I believe it's only $4.99! Plus, it's Persona! :D

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot approve of Persona 2 being an exploit game, because it is an awesome game. Exploit games should be rinky-dink things that no one would play otherwise.

On the other hand, buying it in large numbers will help Atlus, and that's a good thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk