Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
now in future outside of japan fans will ask the sequel of this game instead official localization of type-0 due we played it

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh! Looks like Sony removed Persona 2 Innocent Sin from the US Playstation Store!!! Hope you guys were able to grab it, since we were not given a new firmware the exploit will still work!

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow.. So.. Pro.. You folks are really dedicated and should get a paid, official fulltime job for doing this!

Now my part to wait your patch release, find a reasonably priced Jap version of the game so I won't "pirate", and contribute my appreciation of your work through an eventual paypal link on your translation site if there is, mark my words!!

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't mind pirating in this instance for one reason: Square Enix did not bother to localize the game in my language (English). Since the game was not released in my language, Square-Enix cannot reasonably consider my pirating of the game as a loss of revenue, since the game would never have made money in the English-speaking areas.
This is the reason why most publishers turn a blind eye to fan-translations of visual novels and other games, because even if they do get pirated, they are not losing realistic revenue.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't mind pirating in this instance for one reason: Square Enix did not bother to localize the game in my language (English). Since the game was not released in my language, Square-Enix cannot reasonably consider my pirating of the game as a loss of revenue, since the game would never have made money in the English-speaking areas.
This is the reason why most publishers turn a blind eye to fan-translations of visual novels and other games, because even if they do get pirated, they are not losing realistic revenue.
Advocating piracy in a thread where people are worried about Square ending the project with a C&D? How stupid can anyone be?

Just buy the game and shut up about it.

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advocating piracy in a thread where people are worried about Square ending the project with a C&D? How stupid can anyone be?

Just buy the game and shut up about it.

Sky posted this in another forum. No worries about a C&D

SkyBladeCloud posted... said:
But the truth is, a C&D can't happen. You guys talk too much about it and I think you may be a little relieved knowing the following:

-Spanish laws apply: A C&D is simply not contemplated in Spain. That "THING" you call C&D does NOT exist here. So if I received something similar, it could be perfectly fine to ignore it. In fact, It can be considered company harassment. I've lived in the US enough time to sympathize with your concerns, but again, a C&D can't happen.

-Spain is kind of the "Internet Outlaw", meaning that copyright infringement is not really enforced here, at least as much as in the US: Actually anyone can download WHATEVER he/she wants. Now, what's actually enforced is making a business out of copyrighted material that one does not own. Then again this is not our case. This actually makes Spain of of the most expensive countries in the world to buy digital content.

-It seems to me that project's fans think this is "yet another FAN translation" project, okay, we are all final fantasy fans in the project. However, we have more than enough professional potential inside, including:

*Professional legal advice.
*Translators studying (or already majored in) Japanese philology.
*Professional computer science developer.
*Valuable Art skills in many of our members.

-After working on more than 15 perfectly finished translation projects (most of them into Spanish), some of them of other Square Enix tiles (The 3rd Birthday, FFI, FFIV, Valkyrie Profile and many others), I'm pretty sure I know when a project is in danger.

Plastica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's up with the white shadow? Anyone know how to fix that?
cdsvsdvsd.png

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.

However, it's still poor judgement to advocate piracy in a hack/translation thread.

Glad I could put you at ease. I agree with ya. In a volatile forum topic that involves editing copyrighted material (even if it is legal) I just don't even bring it up whether or not I plan on doing it.

Interestingly though, I like his point. Someday in another topic I'm gonna ask someone about that cross language fan trans stuff and debate company's views on it.

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point was that how could they care if the game was pirated in English-speaking territories? The game was never going to make any money there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ