Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always a way, just check my dissidia custom DLC's lool

I'm afraid model swapping and configuring to an already established cmd set is quite different from this. I mean with the right knowledge Kurasame, Tonberry, and the "????" character could be used but GILGAMESH is a whole different ballgame. His preset commands are not his but Ifrit's. At least with whoever who made the CWcheats for them. I don't think he got a established command set and I'm no programmer. So yeah. There's also a curious instance when one character does not have their own profile but is mentioned in GILGAMESH'S as a blurb at the end. Makes it seem like GILGAMESH would have been a character under your control. Which means the Agito Tower would need his help since this character in question mentions that you need to be a Type-A L'cie to go through it. A Type-B L'cie wouldn't cut it. Or you could try your luck. Course again there is a bunch of unused stuff. Models and whatnot.

But yes your work with Dissidia is quite impressive.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so that's what Type-0 refers to. The class or type of l'Cie.

I have no idea what Type would refer to. I assume it's at the final bout of the game where it gains significant meaning.

But yes L'cie are in two Types.

Type-A(Attack/Destroyer) and Type-B(Special)

Type-A specialize in combat and destructive abilities while Type-B have a special ability.

Example being Zhuyu has massive combat strength and has free will over flames. While say Caetuna has the ability to summon Eidolons to a massive extent and then some.

Other nations have these as well and generally only 2 are ever present at any time depending on the circumstances.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what Type would refer to. I assume it's at the final bout of the game where it gains significant meaning.
If I'm guessing, I'd say it refers to members of Class 0 becoming l'Cie, making a special variety of l'Cie, Type-0.

But I have no idea where the plot goes right now.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finished the merged UMD, if you guys think it's ok, I'll begin uploading the required files to create it, they will appear in the server folder called "SkyBladeCloud" with some instructions on how to use it (has no mystery but still XD)

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I've been talking to a guy over at the Spanish forum, who claims that he can play a PSP ISO bigger than 2 GB, I've made the same tests as him with negative results but since he even uploading a video showing it... Can someone extract the game's BIGFILE (yellow.pkg, with UMDGen, for example) add zeros at the end of the file so it surpasses the 2GB filesize and put it back in the game (UMDGen again)? If we confirm it does not work, I'll upload the merging tools I have (optimized videos, etc...) otherwise I can do a non-optimized one. Regards and thanks:

~Sky

There is always a way, just check my dissidia custom DLC's lool

I can verify that adding 0's to the end of yellow.pkg and increasing the size to 2GB...

47427531.png

... and re-adding it to the file using UMDGen...

23374957.png

Seems to load just fine...

Sorry about the kid noise.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What in the...? Then what's wrong with my PSP? Seriously....??? I mean... Alright, I'm gonna postpone this merged version, because one with 2.6 GB wouldn't need optimized videos but now I'm so confused... I even bought a 4 GB MS and it does not work for me! (And it does not work on the emulator either)... There is no way... I gotta find out what wrong with my console here...

Artistan, what is your PSP firmware, is your game patched with prometheus? Any plugins? I Still don't get it...

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What in the...? Then what's wrong with my PSP? Seriously....??? I mean... Alright, I'm gonna postpone this merged version, because one with 2.6 GB wouldn't need optimized videos but now I'm so confused... I even bought a 4 GB MS and it does not work for me! (And it does not work on the emulator either)... There is no way... I gotta find out what wrong with my console here...

Just for extra info I am running 6.60 ME-1.8 however the emulator does crash on me.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kNew it!! Thanks that was it. So you'll have to wait a little longer for the merged version sorry ^_^", but at least now it can be a perfect one!

Yeah the JPCSP seems to be freaking out with "65683 [user_main] WARN hle.IoFileMgrForUser - stat - umd io error: WTF?! Size or lba < 0?!"
So I'm guess JPCSP and M66 is a little bit for strict on file size?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually the UMD file system is the so called ISO9660, which uses 32 bits for file sizes. However, some operating system uses the last bit for sign, so sizes can range from -2GB to 2GB. This is what the M33 driver (and the emulator, and the original PSP firmware) do. However, the NP9660 driver uses the 32º bit for extra size, as it makes no sense having a file with negative size, using 32 bits from size zero it can address from 0 to 4 GB files.

I'm so sorry I wasted the last 2 weeks working on a way to make the whole game fit in just 2 GB, I should have foreseen this :(

~Sky

SilverBlades

lvl 1
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually the UMD file system is the so called ISO9660, which uses 32 bits for file sizes. However, some operating system uses the last bit for sign, so sizes can range from -2GB to 2GB. This is what the M33 driver (and the emulator, and the original PSP firmware) do. However, the NP9660 driver uses the 32º bit for extra size, as it makes no sense having a file with negative size, using 32 bits from size zero it can address from 0 to 4 GB files.

I'm so sorry I wasted the last 2 weeks working on a way to make the whole game fit in just 2 GB, I should have foreseen this :(

~Sky

You are doing things, what you think is right, so nothing worry about this. In the end you got new experience and understanding how it actually works. So time isn't wasted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...