Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Sky: at this point, I have to ask this. Is a PC version possible? It would be easier for people to play it. I have a PSP and the original game...buying another good device to play it wouldn't be good for my money and wouldn't be different from buying a 3DS or as Vita is SE converts the game for these platforms :(...Instead I think that everyone have a PC...obviously I don't know if you could convert the game for PC...just asking :)

EDIT: If I'm not wrong, Monster Hunter 3rd Portable doesn't use a patch but a plugin for translation...maybe they had the same problem

U are partly wrong. They did both with Monster Hunter. U can either patch it or use the plugin.

To this Story. I can't believe u completely because of one reason... this is a PSP Project and everyone is waiting for the PSP release. And Sky isn't the kind of guy giving up because of simple "filesize" issue.

If u really do this it's k, but pls don't say "we do this on IOS and Android and MAYBE on PSP". Don't like that, not even as a joke...

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+ it would be hard convert it to PC game has more controlling issues (just use JPCSP..... the merger file supports it)

Android.... U are seeing it using PPSSPP application (that program(its playable but have sound issue)

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a quick question,is the porting already done or is it a WIP,cause if it's done i am curious how you got around the AT3+ sound files as there is no open source decoder for it.

mysticdistance

Fan Translator
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no sound currently, you are correct Avenger. AT3 cannot be decoded, so we are using a WAV format. The only thing related to PPSSPP is the coding, which is PPSSPP HLE. PPSSPP (aka the application itself) is NOT being used. We are remaking the game and Sky currently has made his own source code for the game, built on OpenGL ES, PPSSPP, amongst other things.

This is a complete remake of the game only for Android and iOS, with the Android build being in alpha. We even have gotten PS3 controller support, so people who like using IME on Android can. Are there any more doubts you'd like me to quell for you?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not to mention that SkyBladeCloud is known for his Dissidia DLC, which is highly related to 3D modeling, so showing off a 3D Map from the game with some 3D characters on it doesn't show anything AT ALL

So basically you're saying that you either have no idea how I have all Type-0 hi-res graphics running on Android... Either that or all my custom DDFF DLC's must be fake too, of course, loool.

Anyway, I was expecting this kind of bitching in GameFAQ boards, but not here, I just wanna make myself clear when I say that I DON'T WORK for people to bitch about it. Now, I think this will be the last updates you will here about both the android port AND the translations itself, I hope this is all you wanted:

The port relies on a custom OpenGL ES 2.0 graphic engine, hooked to part of the PPSSPP HLE to handle system calls through software emulation. That, combined with the GLES 2.0 specific optimizations for this game (mostli changing OGL calls for equivalents shadders), can speed the game up a lot in embed systems (where GLES 2.0 is present).

For multimedia, there is no way to play sound/video, the idea was to convert media files to common formats and change native software calls for standard decoding ones. Still, FMV's would play with the original resolution.

I'm not porting the graphic engine to desktop OS's because I dont f*cking want (so you guys can keep bitching about it? come on...)
Then, I'm not releasing the translation on 2 UMD's because I don't f*cking want to split the UMD's again, whoever want's the project in 2 UMD's, I invite him/her to split the discs again.

Now, here is the last video you'll see of the android port (unless mystic makes another one). With all Hi-RES models (shown in the video), it goes up to 45fps on a Tegra 2 (ULP) @ 2*1.4 ghz:

I was planning to upload it on April 2, telling what's done, and what's to do but since Im pretty much done with this, there you have it.
The same with the translation, you want some news? Maybe you all would like to know it's beyond 20% overall, here, some pics taken by coredecepts...

pic0011.png

pic0006bo.png

pic0003.png

I also wanted to share some pics of the debug room of the game for this last post, but I don't feel like compiling another ISO just to let everyone bitch about that, cos WAIT.... the translation must be all fake too, right...

Regrads:

~Sky

Reactions: joegoku

Nerozaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so Sky getting to the point, there WILL be a PSP full translation, however, you are not releasing it yet until the oversize problem is solved am I right? I hope the game won't be rip without videos or scenes lol, it's perfect how it is now xD

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
<snip>
Btw, I almost forgot...

so Sky getting to the point, there WILL be a PSP full translation, however, you are not releasing it yet until the oversize problem is solved am I right? I hope the game won't be rip without videos or scenes lol, it's perfect how it is now xD

That's the current plan, it will depend of course on the rest of the team, since some video files needs editing.

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suppose you will be choosing cydia as your host on ios since there is no way in hell apple would let this go on the appstore even assuming you pass the square enix thing there is no way apple would let any kind of emulation pass

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Just curious, will you be releasing any files(Or knowledge on how to access needed files) that would allow other people to port it to PC?
I literally have no knowledge regarding these things, and over half the things you said went over my head, so uh, apologies if annoying :V

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, will you be releasing any files(Or knowledge on how to access needed files) that would allow other people to port it to PC?
I literally have no knowledge regarding these things, and over half the things you said went over my head, so uh, apologies if annoying :V
if i did not misunderstand no,and if i did misunderstand probably no,due to technical difficulties explained above,but you can always emulate android on pc

Mr.E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<snip>

Hopefully whatever Sky and the rest of the team is doing to get the psp translation to happen works out fine. I think most of us have been here for that. I bought my copy as soon as I saw things moving forward with the translation and just as then I'm still hopeful that we get to see it happen. Hopefully the psp patch doesn't stay behind :(

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
<snip>

If i might add something relevant, i'd love to think that at some point in the future the merging tools might be in the 10's rather than 100's of Megabytes...i know Sky said it was possible so hopefully at some point in the far future we'll see a more efficient set of joining instructions. It's not important in any way at the moment but it'd certainly make the translation a lot more accessible.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBladeCloud, why not just downgrade the audio/video? For example, you can save half the space on music files alone just by converting them to mono. Without headphones, stereo is barely perceptible on the PSP in the first place. If you're unable to downgrade just the audio, then why not downgrade the video quality too?

For PSP users, even a lesser PSP version is much better than having no version at all. Having access to your translation is what's most important here. Some users may even prefer having downgraded quality just to keep the size low. The truth is, most of us don't have the high standards you have, so I wouldn't worry about the occasional complaint mixed in with all the thank yous. Judging by this thread, you should be used to that by now anyway!

And besides, wouldn't releasing the PSP patch be the right thing to do if you already have the translation finished?

Overdiver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For PSP users, even a lesser PSP version is much better than having no version at all. Having access to your translation is what's most important here.

lol i was thinking the same, but it's really necessary translate the whole game i mean, the menus, weapons, techniques, summons, S.O., alto crystarium are important things in the game, you cant even understand what are you doin without this, but the crimsom codex its really necesary to be translated?, i know that you are very profecional in your proyects but please, don't give up with psp

NECPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree with sound/vídeo downgrade. A little of.. both. Just don't give up faith.
It's magic on PSP, man. Not any other version will live up to the original.
Also.. we don't know any myu myu biri biri .. Keep it up Sky! You are the Reishiki man!

Zorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm so glad to see how professionally Sky, Artistan, Mystic, etc are leading the proyect.
From my humble point of view, i'd like to keep sound and video with original quality, but of course if a downgrade is needed, a downgrade is needed.
And also... I'd rather not upload stuff to youtube, a cease and desist might happen. Better keep it low, keep us in suspense until release.

Kudos-aga

Reactions: Dark Justice X

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
U are partly wrong. They did both with Monster Hunter. U can either patch it or use the plugin.

To this Story. I can't believe u completely because of one reason... this is a PSP Project and everyone is waiting for the PSP release. And Sky isn't the kind of guy giving up because of simple "filesize" issue.

If u really do this it's k, but pls don't say "we do this on IOS and Android and MAYBE on PSP". Don't like that, not even as a joke...

Just to mention this as some people don't mention it but I've been lurking this thread some time now and read from page 1 up to now. Mind you I got lost when I read about the kotaku incident and I felt I had to at least read and see for my self every bit to know exactly what's going on. Well let me say thank you to the team: Sky Artisan Early Haku GS Dunan Aeana Lucas MysticNarukami Corede your self included Joe but my fav poster being NSRSM aka MagiusNecros D : laughed and cried inside work laughed and cried... anyways I'm just curious as to your take on this Joe, are you up for IOS/Android and not for PSP?

My intake on this thus far is this. The project started on a PSP mind set. Sky, pointman and programmer, made a ISO merger tool (Which works on PS Vita Urbanix hack C, yea not even the latest version) which took a while to finish. After having it done and working out some bugs with the size limitation read two things that bothered me.

SkyBladeCloud said:
Just found a way to optimize video compression, tried a muxed video+audio stream and I noticed absolutely no quality loss, now let's just pray it'll be enough to optimize the 372 MB I have to get rid of (all videos from both UMD's make a total of 1.0 GB, and I need to reduce them to 628 MB so everything can fit in a single ISO).

^this was good news but!

SkyBladeCloud said:
There will be a patch for the PSP version, since text files are the same, however, we are not sure if we will release it. Mainly because we will most likely go over 2GB once the translation is finished... And that "would require to lower videos and/or sound quality...Which I'm not very happy with..."

So basicly its perfect or nothing?
SkyBladeCloud said:
Still, I'm doing everything in my hand to bring the translation to the PSP (removing unused debug files, relinking repeated files, etc...) so as long as you have the original game and a PSP, you should be able to enjoy it. "We still have 4 MB" before reaching the 2GB limit and I hope that's enough.

So we want a perfect game but cant lower the video quality by 4 MB or more. That being said the first quote shows that we got 1 full gig of video, and I'd love to see this project on psp rather then IOS/Android. As Lum Overdiver and Necps said before me, and I think as many new ppl are making an account JUST to say the same thing. Please don't give up on the PSP version for some thing as dull as video quality. I want to say that I speak for all the new ppl that are coming in before and after me that we would want to see the PSP version out even if you take out a LOT of the video quality or hell all the video and leave a black no sound screen for a second. I can youtube the CS's with translated fan sub as there's quite a few I found about a year or so ago. I'm not trying to bash or troll or anything. I just wanted to leave what was said in the past here and leave an honest opinion that most of us end users who followed/lurked this thread most likely feel like saying. Most of us here thought that this was a English translation from a PSP game to a PSP game >_> I was also taken by surprise about the whole android thing but relatively thought it wasn't going to cancel the PSP version since well we got a tool to merge them and can take out a few videos to fix the size problem.

Sorry for the wall of text, poor English, and any rude misinterpretations! (also the poorly coded quote things since I'm fairly new to the thread base coding)
edit b/c of I don't like smilies D :

Reactions: Overdiver

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downsample 1024mb of video down to 900mb (~90%) and still have great quality.
You can downsample 1024mb of video down to 800mb (~80%) and still have very good quality.

That's 200mb freed up right there and that's without converting audio to mono (which is what I'd do before touching the video).

For comparison, most PSP ripkits have video downsampled to 50%. Some down to 30%. IMO, downsampling to 80%-90% would produce perfectly acceptable quality. Plus, you could take it down further if you absolutely have to.

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can downsample 1024mb of video down to 900mb (~90%) and still have great quality.
You can downsample 1024mb of video down to 800mb (~80%) and still have very good quality.

That's 200mb freed up right there and that's without converting audio to mono (which is what I'd do before touching the video).

For comparison, most PSP ripkits have video downsampled to 50%. Some down to 30%. IMO, downsampling to 80%-90% would produce perfectly acceptable quality. Plus, you could take it down further if you absolutely have to.
: x not to be rude but the quote above says he needed the 1 GB videos compressed to around 628 MB just to ding the 2 GB mark. That said, the quote it self is hella old and he already made the compression and packaged it in the yellow.pkg so now the download in his site has the finished product without the english translation which might take a bit of space when inserting I think and that's why he said he's having space issue. Or at least that's what I've gathered within the 40+ pages I read : p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto