Figure News: Certain Amiibo will not last forever

D

Deleted User

Ah, frick. I was going to buy the Wii Fit Trainer and Villager Amiibos when I had money that I could use on video games, even though I don't have a WiiU yet.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had a growing number of people pm me saying that the Amiibo's are not discontinued for blah blah empty reason.

I took the liberty of scanning some locations at target "since I work there" in order to prove my point, and at the same time, actually discovered some interesting news.

As you can see all aforementioned Amiibo's are DISCONTINUED.

However in scanning some other locations I also found out that both Samus and Fox have now been labeled Discontinued as well.

I think I just accidentally discovered the next AMIIBO to be discontinued :o

While Target may have it marked as discontinued, until Nintendo officially announces it as discontinued, people will keep on saying it is not discontinued. That is just how it goes. I also believe we will never see Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager again, I will continue to say they are not discontinued until Nintendo marks it as so.

Remember, official Nintendo statements have only said that we may not see certain Amiibo SKUs again in the future, but they did not comment on any specific Amiibos being discontinued yet. I believe that is what people are referring to.

Lastly, as others will say, just because Target discontinued it, doesn't mean all retailers/suppliers did. I'll check their status at GStop tomorrow to let you know, if you'd like.

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Target may have it marked as discontinued, until Nintendo officially announces it as discontinued, people will keep on saying it is not discontinued. That is just how it goes. I also believe we will never see Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager again, I will continue to say they are not discontinued until Nintendo marks it as so.

Remember, official Nintendo statements have only said that we may not see certain Amiibo SKUs again in the future, but they did not comment on any specific Amiibos being discontinued yet. I believe that is what people are referring to.

Lastly, as others will say, just because Target discontinued it, doesn't mean all retailers/suppliers did. I'll check their status at GStop tomorrow to let you know, if you'd like.

I agree.
Also, it could just mean that for the time being they aren't planning on ordering anymore because no more are slated to be shipped from the big N.
That could be for several reasons.
The most simple one being that they do not have more stock slated to replenish.

But that could change at any time.
Who knows if Nintendo has warehouses filling up for the next wave of restocks.

They'd be very unwise to turn away from another wave of easy money.
Especially now that they know how popular these things are world-wide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up