Silent Hill Oct 19th, 2022 Stream - Roundup

After a decade from the last main entry in the franchise, and 8 years in hiatus since the release of the ellusive PT teaser demo, and the cancellation of the "Silent Hills" project starring Norman Reedus, Konami seems to be on track to revive the franchise once again with the upcoming Silent Hill Transmission set to debut on this day, October 19th, 2022, at 2pm PT.

What news would we get from the long-dormant franchise?
Will Konami step up and surprise us with the new announcements, or will disappoint with yet another Pachinko machine?
Only time will tell, so be sure to follow us as we cover the event live as Konami goes through the announcements.

What do you expect out of the event? are you excited or are you hoping to see something in particular?
Feel free to discuss it!
  • We start right off with what seems to be a fully-fledged Silent Hill 2 remake! Will release for PS5 and PC, seems like it would be a console exclusive for 12 months, possibly after the year-gap we'll get it for other consoles as well.
  • Next we have some words from the developers of the SH2 Remake.
  • Akira Yamaoka will come back to his role as the master behind the music and sound for the remake, as he was for several of the previous titles in the franchise.
  • Some glimpses to behind the scenes of the development team and additional commentaries.
  • Focus shifts to the Vice President of Sony's Global Third Party Relations department, Christian Svensson, sharing his excitement towards the SH2 remake.

• A shot of what seems to be a radio communication... Silent Hill: Townfall. A new title in the franchise, developed by No Code.
  • Not much is shown besides the title and some words from the development team behind the game.

• A new Silent Hill movie, "Return to Silent Hill", seems to be on the works, from the same director of the very first Silent Hill film adaption, Christophe Gans.
  • The movie seems to heavily be inspired by the events of Silent Hill 2 (the game, not the movie).
  • It is still unknown whether or not the 3rd film will continue the story that was left as a cliffhanger at the end of Silent Hill Revelations, and/or if Sean Bean will return to reprise his role to continue said storyline, if the producers do end up continuing with the plot and characters from Revelations.

• Some merchandise is next, a 1/6 scale statue of Pyramid Head by Gecco will be on sale, as well as one from James Sunderland with a pistol and one from Maria as well, and even one from the dog that appears on one of the several endings from SH2.
  • A Silent Hill board collection, which seems to be skateboard-related, some pins, plushes, shirts and trucker hats are also shown.
  • Two new collectable figures of both Pyramid Head and the SH2 Nurse are also shown as merchandise, alongside a diorama from the Elevator Chase with Maria and Pyramid Head from SH2.

• A new project titled "Silent Hill: Ascension" is announced.
  • The premise is quite interesting, they claim it's a "live, real-time interactive series" where the users can watch together and they can change outcomes and be part of the scenes.
  • Silent Hill Ascension will go live in 2023.

• One last teaser seems to be coming... Seems to be taking place in a Japanese setting of sorts with a female protagonist.
  • "Silent Hill F" is the title of the new game.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoo boy, let’s see how Konami manages to mess this up. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.

Edit: Welp, that was actually way better than I thought it was gonna be. Especially interested in Silent Hill F. And no pachinko machines either! Well done Konami. Now all you have to do is deliver.

Last edited by NumberXIIIEdwin,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Come on, Konami, just gives us that Silent Hill 2 movie with Sean Bean that picks up after the end of Silent Hill: Revelation

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I know Konami as much as they make Yu-Gi-Oh cards and their abhorrent treatment of their franchises. I want to be as optimistic as possible and say I hope you guys can get what you want: a new Silent Hill game. I absolutely loved PT and would love to see them get back on their feet.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch? Hopefully not. I would rather not play a new release of this game on a glorified, mid-level phone from 2017.

If it were multiplatform, I wouldn't see the issue. Just means more outreach. Though Silent Hill is definitely more of a console game than anything. And I wouldn't be surprised if it were Sony exclusive. In which case, you're just playing it on a glorified mid-level PC from 2020 that's still overpriced and heavily scalped.

Reactions: Guacaholey

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm impressed! Silent Hill 2 means a lot to my family as we had a PS2 growing up (it made my mother cry believe it or not!). can't wait for it now haha!

i Wonder if the secret dog ending will make it in, that was stupid and so fucked up but i loved it.

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm impressed! Silent Hill 2 means a lot to my family as we had a PS2 growing up (it made my mother cry believe it or not!). can't wait for it now haha!

i Wonder if the secret dog ending will make it in, that was stupid and so fucked up but i loved it.
It's in and they made a statue to prove it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol