Silent Hill Oct 19th, 2022 Stream - Roundup

After a decade from the last main entry in the franchise, and 8 years in hiatus since the release of the ellusive PT teaser demo, and the cancellation of the "Silent Hills" project starring Norman Reedus, Konami seems to be on track to revive the franchise once again with the upcoming Silent Hill Transmission set to debut on this day, October 19th, 2022, at 2pm PT.

What news would we get from the long-dormant franchise?
Will Konami step up and surprise us with the new announcements, or will disappoint with yet another Pachinko machine?
Only time will tell, so be sure to follow us as we cover the event live as Konami goes through the announcements.

What do you expect out of the event? are you excited or are you hoping to see something in particular?
Feel free to discuss it!
  • We start right off with what seems to be a fully-fledged Silent Hill 2 remake! Will release for PS5 and PC, seems like it would be a console exclusive for 12 months, possibly after the year-gap we'll get it for other consoles as well.
  • Next we have some words from the developers of the SH2 Remake.
  • Akira Yamaoka will come back to his role as the master behind the music and sound for the remake, as he was for several of the previous titles in the franchise.
  • Some glimpses to behind the scenes of the development team and additional commentaries.
  • Focus shifts to the Vice President of Sony's Global Third Party Relations department, Christian Svensson, sharing his excitement towards the SH2 remake.

• A shot of what seems to be a radio communication... Silent Hill: Townfall. A new title in the franchise, developed by No Code.
  • Not much is shown besides the title and some words from the development team behind the game.

• A new Silent Hill movie, "Return to Silent Hill", seems to be on the works, from the same director of the very first Silent Hill film adaption, Christophe Gans.
  • The movie seems to heavily be inspired by the events of Silent Hill 2 (the game, not the movie).
  • It is still unknown whether or not the 3rd film will continue the story that was left as a cliffhanger at the end of Silent Hill Revelations, and/or if Sean Bean will return to reprise his role to continue said storyline, if the producers do end up continuing with the plot and characters from Revelations.

• Some merchandise is next, a 1/6 scale statue of Pyramid Head by Gecco will be on sale, as well as one from James Sunderland with a pistol and one from Maria as well, and even one from the dog that appears on one of the several endings from SH2.
  • A Silent Hill board collection, which seems to be skateboard-related, some pins, plushes, shirts and trucker hats are also shown.
  • Two new collectable figures of both Pyramid Head and the SH2 Nurse are also shown as merchandise, alongside a diorama from the Elevator Chase with Maria and Pyramid Head from SH2.

• A new project titled "Silent Hill: Ascension" is announced.
  • The premise is quite interesting, they claim it's a "live, real-time interactive series" where the users can watch together and they can change outcomes and be part of the scenes.
  • Silent Hill Ascension will go live in 2023.

• One last teaser seems to be coming... Seems to be taking place in a Japanese setting of sorts with a female protagonist.
  • "Silent Hill F" is the title of the new game.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why sh2 and not sh1, though?

Possibly because they already did something similar with Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, though that wasn't even close to being a remake of any kind.
Most likely reason is because SH2 is the biggest hitter from the franchise, and they want to capitalize from that and come back with a bang.
Possibly if it does well, they might tackle SH1 in a proper way now, since that's the one that needs it the most.

Reactions: guisadop

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Nice that they are doing something with the franchise. Damn, Ito and Yamaoka look old.
Silent Hill 2 didn't really need a remake, I replayed it this year on PC with fan patches, holds up pretty damn good. I think Blooper team has the potential to make something good out of it, still.
The premise and direction of f is interesting. NeoBards worked on never RE titles, no idea in which capacity, I hope they deliver.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A remastered Silent hill 2 with new story would be nice
Why would you do that? The best thing about SH2 is the storyline. It's the highest-rated and regarded for a reason. A remake would only need to update and fix the gameplay. Leave the story as-is.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Happy with this. Silent Hill 2 is my favorite, and the new Townfall looks interesting so far. Let's hope this goes back to the quality of Silent Hill 4 and earlier.

Fun to see a long interview with Akira Yamaoka as well. I've met him once, said hello in Japanese, and had him sign my copies of Silent Hill 3 and 4, which he was the producer of as well as composer. :D

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm....... hesitantly hopeful. But I'm really not sure what to think. If f is anything like the leaks (first person, weird sms thing on the side) I probably won't like it, but the lack of information on townfall, f and to a lesser extent ascension make me curious. I guess we will see.

I do really wish they would show #1 some love - don't get me wrong I really fucking love 2, and is a top game for me, but it really didn't NEED a remake imo - I think, especially if you play it with the enhanced edition done by fans, it looks, feels and plays great as it is. And as much as I also love #1, it's just aged so poorly compared to #2.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If it were multiplatform, I wouldn't see the issue. Just means more outreach. Though Silent Hill is definitely more of a console game than anything. And I wouldn't be surprised if it were Sony exclusive. In which case, you're just playing it on a glorified mid-level PC from 2020 that's still overpriced and heavily scalped.
Are you kidding me dude? Sure the PS5 isn't the same as a top of the line gaming PC, but it's still 1000 times better than the switch in terms of capability. Including the Switch in the release of a new Silent Hill game would be a bad idea. Did you by any chance try to play Fenix Rising on the Switch? It was terrible on the Switch. The graphics had to be dumbed way down, and the frame rates were stuttering all over the place. That game isn't even that graphically demanding as well. No, the Switch is not a viable platform for modern AAA titles, and what's expected in the graphics department from such titles. Sorry, it's just not. At least the PS5 can still deliver a decent performance with decent graphics at 60fps.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My impressions:

SH2 Remake: Absolutely amazed by the quality of graphics shown (anyone else recognized the nod to PT with the cockroach sequence at the beginning?); I know a lot of people are against bloober team doing this one, but they did say in the stream that they have the upmost respect for the original and will try to remain faithful so I'm still hopeful.

Townfall: Really looking forward to this one, as it's from the developer who made Observation, which I liked a lot.

Return to SH Movie: Judging from the materials presented in the stream, it feels as if the movie will just be a retread of the first movie...But since they haven't even started filming yet, we'll just have to wait and see.

SH f: I believe this is the first SH game ever set in a non-western setting? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)...So I guess this is what project sakura from the previous leak earlier this year turned into; the fact they changed the setting from British to Japanese is interesting, and I think can hold great potential for the series.

Edit: Bumped they didn't announce the rumoured demo...But with what they announced so far, I'm already more than happy:)

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No new pachinko machine? 0/10

How dare Konami betray their real costumers and fans for this video game crap.

For real though, happy but cautious about the remake and f because only time will tell if these projects are good, but I HOPE that both turn out great and encourage Konami to get back into making other beloved series.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do really wish they would show #1 some love - don't get me wrong I really fucking love 2, and is a top game for me, but it really didn't NEED a remake imo - I think, especially if you play it with the enhanced edition done by fans, it looks, feels and plays great as it is. And as much as I also love #1, it's just aged so poorly compared to #2.
Shattered Memories says Hello. They already remade 1 before. SH2 has really stiff, crappy combat that a lot of the youngins out here just wouldn't be able to get with. I would agree that, even with the old graphics, I think it still holds up, and looks pretty good. Character models maybe a little wonky, I guess.

I just hope they don't touch the storyline. I'm still attached to the old voice acting, too. I know they have to re-do it. I just hope they don't get Troy Baker again (like they did with the remaster), and cast actors that fit the characters.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shattered Memories says Hello. They already remade 1 before. SH2 has really stiff, crappy combat that a lot of the youngins out here just wouldn't be able to get with. I would agree that, even with the old graphics, I think it still holds up, and looks pretty good. Character models maybe a little wonky, I guess.

I just hope they don't touch the storyline. I'm still attached to the old voice acting, too. I know they have to re-do it. I just hope they don't get Troy Baker again (like they did with the remaster), and cast actors that fit the characters.
Shattered memories is a re-imagining. It doesn't even have the same plot. So I don't count that as a remake.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shattered memories is a re-imagining. It doesn't even have the same plot. So I don't count that as a remake.
Well, I'm no authority. But I did play both, and the original barely had a plot. What was there didn't even really make sense. But I only played through once, and didn't get the best ending. I remember SM having the same beats.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly because they already did something similar with Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, though that wasn't even close to being a remake of any kind.
Most likely reason is because SH2 is the biggest hitter from the franchise, and they want to capitalize from that and come back with a bang.
Possibly if it does well, they might tackle SH1 in a proper way now, since that's the one that needs it the most.
I like the part even when they did the PC release of HD remakes of all games they also ignored 1 which is funny because SH3 is a direct sequel to it

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was expecting nothing...
I've got a new game (f) written by Ryukishi07, the creator of the When They Cry saga (Higurashi/Umineko/Ciconia), aka my second favorite saga ever after the Xeno's series
In other word, I had one of my most wtf and hyped moment in my gaming life and I just can't wait for it! :creep:

Reactions: Cris1997XX

abda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
please no comic sans sign. :bow:

Attachments

• 1666248538831.png
    1666248538831.png
    61 KB · Views: 29

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really looking forward to the bloober team remake. The graphics are decent, but it has basically no sense of mood lighting, and making James overly emotive just kind of undermines his character and the tone of the original. (Not to mention their previous excursions into horror being... less than stellar and definitely not handling their subject matter well)

I'm most excited for F. I love Ryukishi's works, and he's absolutely great at horror and atmosphere based around Japanese folk tales, which this seems to be chock full of.

Reactions: Flirkyn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next