Silent Hill Oct 19th, 2022 Stream - Roundup

After a decade from the last main entry in the franchise, and 8 years in hiatus since the release of the ellusive PT teaser demo, and the cancellation of the "Silent Hills" project starring Norman Reedus, Konami seems to be on track to revive the franchise once again with the upcoming Silent Hill Transmission set to debut on this day, October 19th, 2022, at 2pm PT.

What news would we get from the long-dormant franchise?
Will Konami step up and surprise us with the new announcements, or will disappoint with yet another Pachinko machine?
Only time will tell, so be sure to follow us as we cover the event live as Konami goes through the announcements.

What do you expect out of the event? are you excited or are you hoping to see something in particular?
Feel free to discuss it!
  • We start right off with what seems to be a fully-fledged Silent Hill 2 remake! Will release for PS5 and PC, seems like it would be a console exclusive for 12 months, possibly after the year-gap we'll get it for other consoles as well.
  • Next we have some words from the developers of the SH2 Remake.
  • Akira Yamaoka will come back to his role as the master behind the music and sound for the remake, as he was for several of the previous titles in the franchise.
  • Some glimpses to behind the scenes of the development team and additional commentaries.
  • Focus shifts to the Vice President of Sony's Global Third Party Relations department, Christian Svensson, sharing his excitement towards the SH2 remake.

• A shot of what seems to be a radio communication... Silent Hill: Townfall. A new title in the franchise, developed by No Code.
  • Not much is shown besides the title and some words from the development team behind the game.

• A new Silent Hill movie, "Return to Silent Hill", seems to be on the works, from the same director of the very first Silent Hill film adaption, Christophe Gans.
  • The movie seems to heavily be inspired by the events of Silent Hill 2 (the game, not the movie).
  • It is still unknown whether or not the 3rd film will continue the story that was left as a cliffhanger at the end of Silent Hill Revelations, and/or if Sean Bean will return to reprise his role to continue said storyline, if the producers do end up continuing with the plot and characters from Revelations.

• Some merchandise is next, a 1/6 scale statue of Pyramid Head by Gecco will be on sale, as well as one from James Sunderland with a pistol and one from Maria as well, and even one from the dog that appears on one of the several endings from SH2.
  • A Silent Hill board collection, which seems to be skateboard-related, some pins, plushes, shirts and trucker hats are also shown.
  • Two new collectable figures of both Pyramid Head and the SH2 Nurse are also shown as merchandise, alongside a diorama from the Elevator Chase with Maria and Pyramid Head from SH2.

• A new project titled "Silent Hill: Ascension" is announced.
  • The premise is quite interesting, they claim it's a "live, real-time interactive series" where the users can watch together and they can change outcomes and be part of the scenes.
  • Silent Hill Ascension will go live in 2023.

• One last teaser seems to be coming... Seems to be taking place in a Japanese setting of sorts with a female protagonist.
  • "Silent Hill F" is the title of the new game.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited for everything shown, though Shattered Memories was good in its own right, I'd love a remake of the first game that stays faithful to the main story. Hell, Maybe even bring back the voice actors of they're still around. One hot take would be a silent hill game with Cheryl as a young teen, exploring silent hill. I'd love to see another young protagonist get a shot.

Payne

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
So they are basically doing everything they would've done over last 20 years in silent hill, so much news all at once.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timed exclusive? Fuck off.

Honestly hoping Xbox starts doing that with some of these games from companies they bought, tired of this bullshit.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country

Honestly hoping Xbox starts doing that with some of these games from companies they bought, tired of this bullshit.

You are upset with console exclusive titles so you want others to do do console exclusive titles?
Out of revenge (or something like it)?

I thought Xbox was already doing exclusive stuff with companies like Bethesda for instance?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

It's console-exclusive to PS5 for a year, but it will release on PC as well at the same time as PS5 I believe.
Still, it's a pretty fucking hypocritical and bullshit thing of Sony to do when they are bitching to Microsoft about the CoD franchise for the very same reason.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are upset with console exclusive titles so you want others to do do console exclusive titles?
Out of revenge (or something like it)?

I thought Xbox was already doing exclusive stuff with companies like Bethesda for instance?
I want others to do it so the outrage becomes so deafening that it rarely, if ever, happens again

As for Bethesda, their latest release was just a timed exclusive on PS (Deathloop)

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still, it's a pretty fucking hypocritical and bullshit thing of Sony
It doesn't matter which company it is, once they get benefits because the others didn't do it first, they will always do stuff like this.

BTT: I think it looks good and once I can get it for around 40 bucks I will definetly play it.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No special treatment for SH1? :(
Bloober team are the ones who (unfortunately) pitched the SH2 remake to Konami. If a SH1 remake happens, it might be dependent on how this one does.
They don't seem to have watched the Making of- documentary for SH2 since they got the tone and characterization that wrong that quickly.

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well ... long time to hear something from the SH Series ... Too bad that i lost all interest in this Genre, don't even get any fun anymore in the RE's. Loved it back in the PS1-2 days, but now no thx.

Reactions: drazenm

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ... long time to hear something from the SH Series ... Too bad that i lost all interest in this Genre, don't even get any fun anymore in the RE's. Loved it back in the PS1-2 days, but now no thx.
Blasphemy. The old RE's are still fun. Although I did find the REmakes for 2&3... lacking, for various reasons. Still good games, though. And VII was really cool in PSVR.

I always found that the Silent Hill series thrived on its atmosphere rather than its gameplay, which I always found rather stiff. People say the old RE's have horrible controls, but once you acclimate to the tank control movement, I still think they all have pretty smooth, snappy gameplay.

Anyway, it's sad to hear.

Reactions: Trojaner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?