ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use this tool to change the battles and victories of each unit to 100, which lets you upgrade their statues to Lv3. Plus being able to max out DVP at the same time helps.

On a side note, I've encountered an issue. My save file no longer seems to work with FEFTwiddler.
View attachment 45515
It never happened to me before last night, and now it won't let me edit this save. However, if I load an older backup of the same save(or any other save of mine), it'll load and let me edit. Any idea what might've happened to cause this?

Edit: I made a fresh backup today and tried loading it and it worked. I'm not sure what caused the issue from before, it was really strange.

If this happens again, send me your save and I can take a look. That particular error is probably a symptom of some mistake in the character loading process. Either that or some field has a way higher max value than I thought!

That's only true for 1st gen characters except Corrin. I haven't implemented for Corrin and 2nd gen characters yet.

Ah, gotcha.

Thanks for the release. I saw in the image the dead option and thought it might be able to bring back Scarlet, but apparently it is just for informational purposes.
Will this be used to remove the blue Shields in the future?

I do plan on sometime enabling removal of the shield icon and reviving characters once I have more confidence that doing so will have no side effects. In general, I try to make sure it's not possible to accidentally input "illegal" values, even if the bytes can hold them, since a typical user is probably going in with the expectation that it won't let them enter illegal values (this tends to apply to any program).

That said, probably after I implement skill and item editing (the next things I plan on doing), I'll add a "danger mode" that enables everything for people who want to take chances, make mistakes, and get messy.

Last edited by Soaprman,

ShadowMario3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use this tool to change the battles and victories of each unit to 100, which lets you upgrade their statues to Lv3. Plus being able to max out DVP at the same time helps.

On a side note, I've encountered an issue. My save file no longer seems to work with FEFTwiddler.
View attachment 45515
It never happened to me before last night, and now it won't let me edit this save. However, if I load an older backup of the same save(or any other save of mine), it'll load and let me edit. Any idea what might've happened to cause this?

Edit: I made a fresh backup today and tried loading it and it worked. I'm not sure what caused the issue from before, it was really strange.

I'm having a similar issue with three of my save files (all on Revelation). I did max out Corrin in each save file to have all possible skills through Heart/Friendship/Partner/DLC seals, so after a using a good amount of Eternal Seals, I went well over the level 99 mark (in game value shows level 99, but I can still use Eternal Seals every five levels). I think this is the case since first two files have an error with a value of 105, and the third file has an error with a value of 125.

Reactions: Relic Song

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar issue with three of my save files (all on Revelation). I did max out Corrin in each save file to have all possible skills through Heart/Friendship/Partner/DLC seals, so after a using a good amount of Eternal Seals, I went well over the level 99 mark (in game value shows level 99, but I can still use Eternal Seals every five levels). I think this is the case since first two files have an error with a value of 105, and the third file has an error with a value of 125.

Thanks for the info! This should actually be fixed in the next release, which increases the level field's max to 255 or 235, depending on whether the character normally can level to 40 or 20, and also has a field for eternal seals. Let me know if that assumption is wrong when we get there.

Shiiouri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but will this saves get the amiibos their respective weapon like Ike getting his original weapon called Divine Ragnell.?

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind clarifying what you mean by "original weapon"? According to the data I have, there is no item called "Divine Ragnell" in Fire Emblem Fates (there is a Ragnell though).

If you're talking about creating an entirely new weapon named after what I'm guessing he had in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn (I haven't played either), then no. That would be creating a new weapon from scratch and would require ROM hacking.

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some of the skills name don't show when i try to change it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2016-4-14_18-37-14.png

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're compiling from source instead of sticking with the main releases, I can't guarantee much in the way of things working. :P

I am working on fixing the skill pickers, though. They're still a work in progress.

Shiiouri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind clarifying what you mean by "original weapon"? According to the data I have, there is no item called "Divine Ragnell" in Fire Emblem Fates (there is a Ragnell though).

If you're talking about creating an entirely new weapon named after what I'm guessing he had in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn (I haven't played either), then no. That would be creating a new weapon from scratch and would require ROM hacking.
Ragnell is fine actually if it's locked to Amiibo Ike, but can a locked Ragnell Weapon(not replica ragnell) can be given to sheld-less Ike.?

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Divine Ragnell is Ike's weapon's name in JP Fates, and it was simplified to just Ragnell for English releases, same as Marth's Divine Falchion. So in the code for ENG games the item shows as just Ragnell.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. You'll probably be able to give Ragnell to any of your units, though whether anyone but Ike can actually use it remains to be seen. I've never used any of the Amiibo characters (I have the figures, but no reason to buy a reader), so I'll leave it up to others to explain anything else.

is there any way to get all of the dlc skills? using this

Next release, probably this weekend. It's already in the codebase, so if you know how to compile the code, you can actually get it now if you want.

Reactions: Relic Song

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. You'll probably be able to give Ragnell to any of your units, though whether anyone but Ike can actually use it remains to be seen. I've never used any of the Amiibo characters (I have the figures, but no reason to buy a reader), so I'll leave it up to others to explain anything else.

Next release, probably this weekend. It's already in the codebase, so if you know how to compile the code, you can actually get it now if you want.
The amiibo's weapons can be wielded by anyone since the only requirement is an E rank in their specific weapon class. However, by putting them into your unit's inventory, you cannot remove them from said inventory(same also applies if you put them in the convoy, you can't remove them from the convoy).

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you make forging easier somehow or something? Great job btw.
The Fates convoy editor lets you "forge" items. Changing the number of "uses" on item that has infinite uses makes it stronger. Like for example, if you change a Steel Sword's "uses" to 7, it will become a Steel Sword +7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E