ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking forward to "all level 3 statues and interactive buildings", but I think it may be some time before such is added.
You can get the first part of that if you're willing to edit every character's battle/victory data (I don't know what to, but I think I recall seeing it posted earlier). Come to think of it, I could stand to make a one-click for that.

As for the second part, I've researched the structure of My Castle in a way that could allow for editing, but I don't know where the game keeps track of which buildings have been unlocked (all my test files are chapter 27 saves). It's not a high priority, though, but I'm willing to share what I know if anyone cares.
You can use this tool to change the battles and victories of each unit to 100, which lets you upgrade their statues to Lv3. Plus being able to max out DVP at the same time helps.

I want to be able to build them all in one go.
I don't want to continue having to:
‣ Dump save
‣ Set 200 Battles\Victories (200 just to be sure, as the highest battle\Victory during my first load in the program was 214\209)
‣ Set 99 DVP
‣ Inject Data
‣ Spend *-ton DVP
‣ Dump save
‣ Set 99 DVP
‣ Inject save
‣ Spend *-ton DVP
‣ Dump save
‣ Set 99 DVP
‣ Inject save
‣ Finally finish upgrading statues.

every time I get four or five more characters.
And doing one dump every time I get one character, or even more dumps after I have all characters is an even bigger hassle.

I don't mind paying to upgrade the non-statue structures, they only cost 1 DVP per upgrade. But upgrading statues to level 2 costs 3DVP, and level 3 costs 9DVP… So having something that just gives you level 3 Statues and level 1 everything else would be acceptable. I'd still prefer everything level 3, except the non-level structures like the glades, square, circle, healing tiles, pillars, fort, et cetera.

Also, currently, people that claim to have all food and ores always seem to be missing Quartz. The purple hoshidan(?) ore.
As for where it's stored… maybe the shop section? (POHS)

-------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the info! This should actually be fixed in the next release, which increases the level field's max to 255 or 235, depending on whether the character normally can level to 40 or 20, and also has a field for eternal seals. Let me know if that assumption is wrong when we get there.
Actually, the savefile's recorded level, and the game's understanding of the level is completely different for most classes. For any promoted class (any class that stops at '20' normally without eternal seals) gets an additional 20 levels added when the game reads it's level. 99 would be 119, 0r 120, depending on the hex in the save file. 63 is 119, 64 is 120. Unpromoted classes, including special classes, don't have this additional 20 automatically mathed on by the game.
This is why in the game's list of classes, there's "unpromoted monster" and "promoted monster" instead of just "monster". The game adds 20 levels to any unit with "promoted monster" classing from what the game will actually display.
I hope that helps.

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Added details.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
just wondering i would like to try to use the skill editing to give aptitude and armsthrift to my troops, how can i compile it to work, i tried with visual studio 2013 and its a no go, can someone help me?

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kamesenin888: I compile it with Visual Studio 2015. There's a free "Community" version (seems to be basically Professional but with different licensing terms), so give that a try if you want to.

@that girl: Gotcha. Yeah, that sounds tedious.

I do have a pair of saves where the only change was buying a statue upgrade, so it's something I've thought about. I just haven't really gone in and researched it a bunch yet.

By the way, it isn't in the shop block. Here are the notes I took on the shop block (none of this is in FEFTwiddler yet):

bought 1 of each of the 8 stat items and 1 arms scroll (1 left in stock)
all items came from rod shop

1347: 01 to 00
134B: 01 to 00
134F: 01 to 00
1353: 01 to 00
1357: 01 to 00
135B: 01 to 00
135F: 01 to 00
1363: 01 to 00
1367: 02 to 01

shop item block: each item four bytes
XX YY AA BB
YYXX: item id
AA: num in stock now
BB: max in stock
only finite items are listed?

POHS 00 00 03 20 (hoshido armory) 00 03 1E (nohr armory) 00 03 10 (rod shop) 00 03 10 (staff store) TINU

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By the way, it isn't in the shop block. Here are the notes I took on the shop block (none of this is in FEFTwiddler yet):

bought 1 of each of the 8 stat items and 1 arms scroll (1 left in stock)
all items came from rod shop

1347: 01 to 00
134B: 01 to 00
134F: 01 to 00
1353: 01 to 00
1357: 01 to 00
135B: 01 to 00
135F: 01 to 00
1363: 01 to 00
1367: 02 to 01

shop item block: each item four bytes
XX YY AA BB
YYXX: item id
AA: num in stock now
BB: max in stock
only finite items are listed?

POHS 00 00 03 20 (hoshido armory) 00 03 1E (nohr armory) 00 03 10 (rod shop) 00 03 10 (staff store) TINU
Oh, I see. Hm… Well, maybe the user block? (RESU)
-----------
EDIT:
Alternatively, it may not be stored in the Chapter# (though good chance it is)
It might be stored in the Global or Exchange files.
I had MyCastle reset on me (before ever learning about FEFTwiddler) but I didn't lose my LvL 2 Staff Shop, or my LvL 1\0 buildings from reaching chapter 21. I just got forced into the tutorial again, and had one new food facility, 1 new mine, and 1 new lake.

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Added details.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just wondering i would like to try to use the skill editing to give aptitude and armsthrift to my troops, how can i compile it to work, i tried with visual studio 2013 and its a no go, can someone help me?
Personally, I edit in all the skills I want with a hex editor.
It doesn't look like FEFTwiddler can alter *learned* skills except for the "all non-enemy-only, non-DLC skills for everyone" button, (unless I missed a recent update) only equipped skills.
I did supply them with a document listing the skill bit order, so it may change.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next version of FEFTwiddler has cheats for DLC and enemy skills as well, along with equipped skill editing, which causes the character to learn a skill if you equip them with one they don't already know.

Reactions: Thunder Kai and C02

RisinDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to be able to build them all in one go.
I don't want to continue having to:
‣ Dump save
‣ Set 200 Battles\Victories (200 just to be sure, as the highest battle\Victory during my first load in the program was 214\209)
‣ Set 99 DVP
‣ Inject Data
‣ Spend *-ton DVP
‣ Dump save
‣ Set 99 DVP
‣ Inject save
‣ Spend *-ton DVP
‣ Dump save
‣ Set 99 DVP
‣ Inject save
‣ Finally finish upgrading statues.

every time I get four or five more characters.
And doing one dump every time I get one character, or even more dumps after I have all characters is an even bigger hassle.

I don't mind paying to upgrade the non-statue structures, they only cost 1 DVP per upgrade. But upgrading statues to level 2 costs 3DVP, and level 3 costs 9DVP… So having something that just gives you level 3 Statues and level 1 everything else would be acceptable. I'd still prefer everything level 3, except the non-level structures like the glades, square, circle, healing tiles, pillars, fort, et cetera.

Also, currently, people that claim to have all food and ores always seem to be missing Quartz. The purple hoshidan(?) ore.
As for where it's stored… maybe the shop section?

Not sure if you have Powersaves but I used that to set mine to 99 so I didn't have to dump save and stuff

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@that girl: Good news! I did some playing with my save and figured out how to unlock all level 3 statues in a way where you don't have to pay for them. I'm not 100% certain I fully understand all the data being edited here, but give this a spin if you want to.

The other buildings are probably in this same block, though I haven't tried any of them yet.

Attachments

• statue research.png
    statue research.png
    26 KB · Views: 672
Last edited by Soaprman,

RisinDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
@that girl: Good news! I did some playing with my save and figured out how to unlock all level 3 statues in a way where you don't have to pay for them. I'm not 100% certain I fully understand all the data being edited here, but give this a spin if you want to.

The other buildings are probably in this same block, though I haven't tried any of them yet.
Will this let you unlock them early???

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not right now. Maybe in the future, though. I think all that would be needed is to unset the "dead" flag and move the character into the living block, but there could be other little things out there that need updated/removed as well, such as which chapter the character died on, that I haven't located (or really looked for) yet.

Derlohgocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It sure does. Note that it only seems to work on units who could normally have different hair colors (Corrin and children). I tried it on Anna and it did nothing. Maybe I should disable it for characters whose hair color doesn't change...View attachment 45922

Uhm can you make a list with all possible hair colour codes :)?
and i play my game later to the end and then i try hair colour change on all charakter

minuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel dumb, but I can't get the latest release to run? It just freezes Windows Explorer and never opens the program- is there any common reason this could be happening? I'm using Windows 10 and I downloaded both the FEFTwiddler-0.5.0 and FEFTwiddler-master just in case... I know like nothing about github so wasn't sure which one would have the executable ;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head