ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

xnoctislight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I guess that would be more reasonable lol, because im kind of a rookie at all of this. I actually tried using Homebrew to edit my Fire Emblem Fates save files once, but all I got was a red screen on my N3DS XL, and I had to manually shut off the 3ds. :/

For JK’s Save Manager, do I have to extract the files in the .zip folders and copy them to my N3DS XL microSD card?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I guess that would be more reasonable lol, because im kind of a rookie at all of this. I actually tried using Homebrew to edit my Fire Emblem Fates save files once, but all I got was a red screen on my N3DS XL, and I had to manually shut off the 3ds. :/

For JK’s Save Manager, do I have to extract the files in the .zip folders and copy them to my N3DS XL microSD card?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
You need to have a 3ds folder and a boot.3dsx file on the root of your SD card. You can download the latest version of both from smealum's website (look under preparing your SD card). Do not move the starter folder in that zip file to your SD card. Open the starter folder then move the 3ds folder and boot.3dsx to your SD card's root. You then download and extract the JKSM_3DSX.zip file that's attached to that thread. Then move the 3ds folder from that zip to your SD card's root. Then use Browserhax on your 3DS to open up Homebrew then select JKSM then select your copy of Fates. If you get a red screen after choosing Fates, try following this.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

xnoctislight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I think I’ve got it sorted out. Thanks for explaining it man! I posted a pic of how my N3DS XL’s microSDHC card currently looks like, is it good to go?

Sorry if I seem to be pestering.

Attachments

• 3dsd.png
    3dsd.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 185

xnoctislight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the JK save manager on homebrew browserhax now, so I can open Fates via Homebrew now... but I'm still getting a red screen on the lower 3ds screen... I checked the link you provided to fix this, I have the latest Homebrew starter kit and all, and I followed the directions you provided. Is it probably because I dont have the correct XML for Fates?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the JK save manager on homebrew browserhax now, so I can open Fates via Homebrew now... but I'm still getting a red screen on the lower 3ds screen... I checked the link you provided to fix this, I have the latest Homebrew starter kit and all, and I followed the directions you provided. Is it probably because I dont have the correct XML for Fates?
That 9.6 link should have all of the correct XMLs for Fates.

xnoctislight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think ive got it now... I followed the directions on the link you provided, now my microSD card looks like this. Gonna take a deep breath and see the results.

Attachments

• 1473033466025-1165327713.jpg
    1473033466025-1165327713.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 120

lalo025

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To access the convoy, you load up your save file in the editor and press the convoy tab. To access a unit's skills, go to Unit Viewer an on the right side of the screen is a button named Edit Learned Skills. Or to make every unit you have learn every skill, click in the Megacheats tab and look for Skills for All Units.
Sorry for any inconvenience in advance.
To access the convoy, you load up your save file in the editor and press the convoy tab. To access a unit's skills, go to Unit Viewer an on the right side of the screen is a button named Edit Learned Skills. Or to make every unit you have learn every skill, click in the Megacheats tab and look for Skills for All Units.
Thanks for the help!
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding but when i go to modify anything wether its skills or inventory all of that is done on the PC correct? or is it done on homebrew itself? and I'm not sure i know what the editor is

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for any inconvenience in advance.

Thanks for the help!
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding but when i go to modify anything wether its skills or inventory all of that is done on the PC correct? or is it done on homebrew itself? and I'm not sure i know what the editor is
This thread is about a PC save editor, which means you do all of the editing to your save file on your computer. You need to download, unzip, and open the program, use a Homebrew save manager to export your save, move the save to your computer and open the save file in the editor, make your changes, save your changes, move the save file back to where it came from on your SD card, import your save with the same save manager you used to export it, and then start your save from the game itself.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: thane98

xnoctislight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg it actually worked!!! And here i was sweating bullets haha. Thank you so much for the help!

Two more questions... What is compressing and decompressing files? Are they necessary?

I only saw chapter 0, 1, 2, Global, etc. When i went to save my edit on Twiddler. I chose chapter 2 as it looked like my most recent save. Whats the difference?

Flystar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg it actually worked!!! And here i was sweating bullets haha. Thank you so much for the help!

Two more questions... What is compressing and decompressing files? Are they necessary?

I only saw chapter 0, 1, 2, Global, etc. When i went to save my edit on Twiddler. I chose chapter 2 as it looked like my most recent save. Whats the difference?
The program automatically compresses and decompresses the saves, so don't worry about that. It allows the saves to be edited by the editor.
The chapter saves represent the three save slots, 0 being the 1st slot, 1 being the 2nd slot, and 2 being the 3rd slot. The global save is where things such as the support log is saved.

Dark1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it possible for someone to be able to use a team with stats capped at 99 and not be sbanned online

Flystar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it possible for someone to be able to use a team with stats capped at 99 and not be sbanned online
They modify the statue caps. Someone posted how to do it in the thread earlier. Searching the thread for statue caps should get you what you're looking for.

Jewel724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Basically what ShadowOfChaos said.

You can even use FEFTwiddler's HexEditor to change the character ID of a unit, as well. (Very first line of the very first field at 0D, change it from 01 to 02, if I remember correctly. You might have to save and reload the file in FEFT for it to show up as Corrin_F from the list, but regardless the change has been made.)

Also, having a female version of your avatar at the same time won't be much of an issue as having other clone characters, since the different genders of the avatar use different Character IDs, ditto for Kana. They technically count as separate characters and have their own supports.
I've tried that. Changed class to Female Hoshido Noble, modified the Hex value to 02, but it doesn't stick.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the values for the weapon proficiency in the hex editor? Like which values are which and in what order they are in?

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the values for the weapon proficiency in the hex editor? Like which values are which and in what order they are in?
I don't but you could always find out by changing the values in the editor and then comparing the character block before and after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did