ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all goes well, I should be able to push an update to this by the weekend, no promises though.

I can't seem to get Chrom/Lissa/Frederick to work with a normal AID, meaning them keeping their costumes when reclassing will still be there unless I figure out how AIDs work, Death Cameras should be fixed for everyone, and I'll play around with the character stats so that they use their own personal growths rather than the enemy growths for their current class.

Supports are still a question mark since they only seem to be working on Revelation route so far for some bizarre reason.

As far as an extdata dump with this and @Omegablu 's DLC, I have some plans of my owns for his units, so should he want to do a mini update I can implement something nice for them.

I like how Lissa has basically no strength to crit off of in her default class. The demonspiration made me laugh.. "wow lissa, good job hitting for that whopping 6 damage!"

I wish magic weapons could crit again honestly

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to do this without the DLC and CFW???
I used the method that @Omegablu put on his thread to get Gaius Tharja Owain and Garon which allowed u to put them in without CFW
Is it possible to just take the .fe14unit files from this and then use FEFTWiddler and JK's SaveManager to import them???

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to do this without the DLC and CFW???
I used the method that @Omegablu put on his thread to get Gaius Tharja Owain and Garon which allowed u to put them in without CFW
Is it possible to just take the .fe14unit files from this and then use FEFTWiddler and JK's SaveManager to import them???
No, because you need the extra data for them to work. Just wait for them to releease a set that has the extra data for both sets of DLC. You only need CFW for this set because you chose to do one DLC set or the other. To get them now, you need CFW. I understand your wanting for them, but at this time, it's impossible for you to get them.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because you need the extra data for them to work. Just wait for them to releease a set that has the extra data for both sets of DLC. You only need CFW for this set because you chose to do one DLC set or the other. To get them now, you need CFW. I understand your wanting for them, but at this time, it's impossible for you to get them.
Yeah sorry for the question being asked again
Its just I saw this YouTube Video that showcased these Units and when I commented asking whether CFW was needed or not the Creator of the video said that CFW wasn't needed (which kinda threw me off)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sorry for the question being asked again
Its just I saw this YouTube Video that showcased these Units and when I commented asking whether CFW was needed or not the Creator of the video said that CFW wasn't needed (which kinda threw me off)
Patience, grasshopper. A version with extra data for both DLC sets will be released in due time. They're right, though. CFW's not needed, but because you already chose one set, you can't get the other yet.

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patience, grasshopper. A version with extra data for both DLC sets will be released in due time. They're right, though. CFW's not needed, but because you already chose one set, you can't get the other yet.
Ooohhhhh I see
Alright thanks for your help btw

A FE Fates guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I'm out, sadly didn't set up steelhax before updating, and from what I've seen, I don't know if there's another Homebrew entry point. AND I have no idea how to downgrade. Lol

Also I'd like to say thanks to @Omegablu and @DeathChaos25 for inspiring me to make my own custom DLC, which will be released once I get Homebrew by a miracle XD

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well...I'm out, sadly didn't set up steelhax before updating, and from what I've seen, I don't know if there's another Homebrew entry point. AND I have no idea how to downgrade. Lol

Also I'd like to say thanks to @Omegablu and @DeathChaos25 for inspiring me to make my own custom DLC, which will be released once I get Homebrew by a miracle XD
I'm pretty sure OoThax (by a physical copy + powersaves) work on latest firmware. So you could maybe do that. But as far as making custom DLC on homebrew? You would need CFW unfortunately. Still though, good luck with that, I want to see what people will come up on Fates!

A FE Fates guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure OoThax (by a physical copy + powersaves) work on latest firmware. So you could maybe do that. But as far as making custom DLC on homebrew? You would need CFW unfortunately. Still though, good luck with that, I want to see what people will come up on Fates!
Yeah! Ima use FEFTwiddler and Hex Editing to do so, and from what I know, that technically doesn't need CFW

A FE Fates guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be unable to test, unless you want to figure out exactly how g_contents.bin works which does not guarantee that you'll be able to test if you did figure it out.
You'd be unable to test, unless you want to figure out exactly how g_contents.bin works which does not guarantee that you'll be able to test if you did figure it out.
Hmm...Right, but nothing hard work and dedication can't handle!

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if you edit the files of someone else's dlc's ExData, as long as you don't change the names or file size you'll be able to test, this is how I messed with my dlc characters before building the dlc.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if you edit the files of someone else's dlc's ExData, as long as you don't change the names or file size you'll be able to test, this is how I messed with my dlc characters before building the dlc.
True, but if he wanted to do anything that was original he'd have issues.

oBlacKirAo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, did you run the DLC throught Decrypt9?
Secondly that 0020.0000bb00 IS the DLC file itself, that's the content file I built, to unpack, repack and whatnot, here are the ctrtool commands;

to extract the contents;
ctrtool -p --romfs=romfs.bin DecryptedApp.0020.0000bb00

This will give you a romfs file for the DLC content itself, once you've done the edits to the romfs, to repack the content file with the new romfs;
makerom -f ncch -target t -rsf DLC.rsf -romfs romfs.bin -o DecryptedApp.0020.0000bb00 -icon icon.bin

finally, to rebuild the CIA;
makerom -f cia -rsf rom.rsf -o editeddlc.cia -ckeyid 0 -major 0 -minor 10 -micro 0 -DSaveSize=0 -dlc -i DecryptedApp.0000.0000006e:0x0000:0x0000006e -i DecryptedApp.0020.0000bb00:0x0020:0x0000bb00

As for the unique outfit hack, you'd have to make an entirely new AID, as in, you'd have to build a new file in romfs/global/asset with the new AIDs with this property for both characters.

Sorry to bother you but I really hope you can help me solve this problem. I first repacked your DLC with this DLC.rsf.
Code:
BasicInfo:
  CompanyCode             : 00
  ProductCode             : CTR-M-BFXJ-00
  ContentType             : Application # Application / SystemUpdate / Manual / Child / Trial

TitleInfo:
  UniqueId                : 0x012dc
  Category                : AddOnContents # Application / SystemApplication / Applet / Firmware / Base / DlpChild / Demo / Contents / SystemContents / SharedContents / AddOnContents / Patch / AutoUpdateContents

Then I tried to combine it with the offical DLC but I got this error:
20160924230744.png

You can see the rom.rsf I used. Do you know how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother you but I really hope you can help me solve this problem. I first repacked your DLC with this DLC.rsf.
Code:
BasicInfo:
  CompanyCode             : 00
  ProductCode             : CTR-M-BFXJ-00
  ContentType             : Application # Application / SystemUpdate / Manual / Child / Trial

TitleInfo:
  UniqueId                : 0x012dc
  Category                : AddOnContents # Application / SystemApplication / Applet / Firmware / Base / DlpChild / Demo / Contents / SystemContents / SharedContents / AddOnContents / Patch / AutoUpdateContents

Then I tried to combine it with the offical DLC but I got this error:
View attachment 63847
You can see the rom.rsf I used. Do you know how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance.
Seems like you are missing DecryptedApp.0000. That one is absolutely nesecary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay