flaflo.xyz
XP
Country
Germany
Wii U VC "exploit"
  • Switch exploit
  • Switch exploit
  • Switch exploit
jesus fuck, people are so uneducated on shit nowadays, also wrong forum fam. Go make these type of posts in Switch - Hacking section since that's where 99% of false claims and false promises.
A mod moved this here.
Also where are here false promises? I used the word could. And its still a WiiU VC exploit so i think it should belong here.

D

Deleted User

That's not what he was trying to say.
Still, to even get a code execution from a damn VC, in this case, it will probably never happen since Nintendo rewrites every their stuff when they announce a new console, you will wait years and if you're waiting years, another sneaky exploit could pop in ex. ARM TrustZone which would render VC useless.

Apologize for being mean but people should research their stuff before they say, all you can do on a Switch is game and everyone claiming to hack it "day-one" is just blatantly lying.

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discovering the next latest and greatest primary exploit using Super Mario World ACE is extremely, extremely unlikely. However, I still think that the potential to find a flaw that would allow escaping from the emulator's sandbox and running code on the console itself is fascinating, and would prove to be an amazing technical POC.

You guys are too focused on the exploit aspect of this, when you should probably be focused on the fact that Super Mario World, a game from 1991, even allows for this, as well as the amazing work that has gone into it to make these efforts even dreamable.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Discovering the next latest and greatest primary exploit using Super Mario World ACE is extremely, extremely unlikely. However, I still think that the potential to find a flaw that would allow escaping from the emulator's sandbox and running code on the console itself is fascinating, and would prove to be an amazing technical POC.

You guys are too focused on the exploit aspect of this, when you should probably be focused on the fact that Super Mario World, a game from 1991, even allows for this, as well as the amazing work that has gone into it to make these efforts even dreamable.
More like too focused on the piracy aspect of this, which is pretty much 0.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A mod moved this here.
Also where are here false promises? I used the word could. And its still a WiiU VC exploit so i think it should belong here.
This exploit

Could lead to world war 3

Or could lead to me fulfilling my life long dream of fucking Taylor Swift

Or it could lead to an end to rape and famine around the world

Or it could lead to Nintendo Microsoft and Sony merging together to create a super console

All the above claims are ridiculous just like the claim this could lead to a switch exploit but hey it's fine I'm covered from ridicule because I said COULD.

Reactions: Deleted User

Flaflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
flaflo.xyz
XP
Country
Germany
This exploit

Could lead to world war 3

Or could lead to me fulfilling my life long dream of fucking Taylor Swift

Or it could lead to an end to rape and famine around the world

Or it could lead to Nintendo Microsoft and Sony merging together to create a super console

All the above claims are ridiculous just like the claim this could lead to a switch exploit but hey it's fine I'm covered from ridicule because I said COULD.
This claim isnt ridiculous. Tell me why there isnt a chance that a sandbox breakout is possible?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most of you are much too pessimistic

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This claim isnt ridiculous. Tell me why there isnt a chance that a sandbox breakout is possible?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most of you are much too pessimistic
It's ridiculous because

1. We don't even know the game will be coming to switch

2. We don't even know what emulator they will be using for emulation on the switch

3.we don't even know for sure VC titles will be Downloadable they could be accessed in a similar way to playstation now or whatever it's called.

4. We don't even know they will use emulation the games could be ported like the three seiken Densetsu games two of which are snes games.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Flaflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
flaflo.xyz
XP
Country
Germany
It's ridiculous because

1. We don't even know the game will be coming to switch

2. We don't even know what emulator they will be using for emulation on the switch

3.we don't even know for sure VC titles will be Downloadable they could be accessed in a similar way to playstation now or whatever it's called.

4. We don't even know they will use emulation the games could be ported like the three seiken Densetsu games two of which are snes games.
Well the thing you are missing is, that i dont promise anything. If all of these conditions matches, there COULD BE a way to exploit it.

D

Deleted User

No it won't. This is a game running within a closed environment (emulator), unless you can find a way to
I doubt it's possible. It's just not the same thing.
C'mon guys, it's totally viable for Switch ACE! All you have to do is make an exploit for the Wii U SNES emulator, then just wave your hands around a bit and have it work on the Switch!
there isn't even a SNES vc on the Switch yet

As an aside: I'm now gonna skim the VC for obvious sandbox escapes because that's one hell of a potential TAS!

exploit the emulator itself there is no way you'll be able to exploit the system using this method.
Ok So my response to all of you guys is...
1:We don't know how the snes switch emulator runs
2:Its a possibility that it may have a exploit, only a possibility.
3:unfortunately we can't go just flailing our arms if there is a exploit on wiiu and put it on switch as they are made differently which could change how the exploit works.

Reactions: Flaflo

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok So my response to all of you guys is...
1:We don't know how the snes switch emulator runs
2:Its a possibility that it may have a exploit, only a possibility.
3:unfortunately we can't go just flailing our arms if there is a exploit on wiiu and put it on switch as they are made differently which could change how the exploit works.
Isn't that what I said above lol

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So considering the "please stop getting your hopes up for a Switch exploit, we don't even know how it will work on the system yet" point has been beaten to death, why not focus on the Wii U aspect, something we DO know about?

What ways, besides possibly mishandled unofficial opcodes or bad emulation in general, do we know of that could possibly be used for escaping the emulator sandbox?

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You posted what I posted. nearly exactly the same time. It was only until I posted that the comments updated and showed yours.
No I posted at 4.15 pm UK time on the 12 June and you posted today over 7 hours later at 12.28 am uk time 13th June lol so not at the same time.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
So considering the "please stop getting your hopes up for a Switch exploit, we don't even know how it will work on the system yet" point has been beaten to death, why not focus on the Wii U aspect, something we DO know about?

What ways, besides possibly mishandled unofficial opcodes or bad emulation in general, do we know of that could possibly be used for escaping the emulator sandbox?

Mishandled opcodes and bad emulation. That's really the best bet at this point! The trick is to do things that a SNES would never do - write to bad memory locations; execute weird and wonderful opcodes, etc. etc. We'll never know what it'll take until we start looking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya