Hacking [EUR] Theme Pack for Gateway + MT Card emuNAND by [SomeRandomTEMPer]

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He is very unclear in how you acctually execute this. Is there a guide somewhere for this ?
I understand that the files are going into the Sd card, but are they going into the root?

.cia on the 3DS SD Card root folder, BigBlueMenu.3ds or devmenu_2x.3DS on the root of your gateway micro sd, boot into emuNAND, select the devmenu of your choice from the Rom Menu and start it
delete CTR-M-HMMP-00 and install the .cia

Reactions: Loffah

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
.cia on the 3DS SD Card root folder, BigBlueMenu.3ds or devmenu_2x.3DS on the root of your gateway micro sd, boot into emuNAND, select the devmenu of your choice from the Rom Menu and start it

Dude, the version 5 pack is just FKG awesome!!! Big Ups. :)

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude, the version 5 pack is just FKG awesome!!! Big Ups. :)

Version 5? What am i missing -_- ... the Pikachu one and th Wooden Mario ones are my favourites .. the song on the Wooden Mario one is awesome :)

gone from 16 to 47 .. damn i love this randomtemper

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah, started with 11 Themes, now has 47 :-)
btw, there are only 48 EU Themes existing, yet (and 3 yet unreleased ones, which are already listed in the Theme Index App), so this Pack is only missing 1 theme now, the Shovel Knight Promo Theme .. no idea how to get it, if someone has it, contact me ! :-)
sktheme1.png
http://www.nintendolinked.com/category/shovel-knight/ said:
YachtClub Games has a special treat for European/Australian gamers. A Shovel Knight theme is coming to the 3DS. As of right now, the theme hasn’t been announced for North America or Japan. You can read the developer’s remarks down below.
Hey everyone! I’m not sure if you noticed, but the 3DS has been updated recently to support themes! They change the HOME Menu’s Backgrounds, Icons, colors, and even music.​
Well, once we heard about this, we had to get in on the fun!​
As a thanks to our patient EU/AU fans, our friends at Nintendo of Europe have worked closely with us to create an amazing Shovel Knight theme, which will be available for a very limited time in the EU region. The exact details will be coming soon…but in the meantime, check out a sneak peak at the theme!!​
-YachtClub Games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/posts/1041820 said:
Europe/Australia: EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION: Shovel Knight 3DS - Launch Theme!
You may have heard that we’ve created a fancy 3DS Theme to keep your system glowing True Shovel Blue at all hours of the day. Well, we’re happy to announce that this 3DS theme is available for FREE to anyone who owns Shovel Knight on the 3DS on European or Australian region systems! Whether you’re redeeming a backer code or just purchased the game, you’ll receive a gift voucher for downloading the theme. Act quick! This offer is only available for one week (until November 13th). This is only available for players who have access to the European and Australian region eShops. For everyone else out there, don’t worry! This won’t be our final foray into the world of digital themes. We’ll see if we can top our own handiwork and make a new theme available to everyone!

Reactions: Doran754

Loffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Thank you alot for your time, this is totaly new to me so i had to read your post a few times and google some stuff. My only current problem is that i can't find the CTR-M-HMMP-00 file when i'm in BigBlueMenu.3ds I got CTR-U-HMEP and CTR-U-AXCP

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Woops internet lagged and posted twice

Thank you alot for your time, this is totaly new to me so i had to read your post a few times and google some stuff. My only current problem is that i can't find the CTR-M-HMMP-00 file when i'm in BigBlueMenu.3ds I got CTR-U-HMEP and CTR-U-AXCP

You won't have it if you have never installed a theme before (it's normally at the bottom of your program list)

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

well, if you don't have any themes installed (except for standad color ones), then you don't have CTR-M-HMMP-00, so just go ahead and install the the cia of your choice (big pack or single theme file)
then you will have the CTR-M-HMMP-00 app and then I would recommend to always delete if before you want to install another theme .cia

Loffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Woops internet lagged and posted twice

You won't have it if you have never installed a theme before (it's normally at the bottom of your program list)

I actually currently got a black theme that was free on the store, does that not count?

well, if you don't have any themes installed (except for standad color ones), then you don't have CTR-M-HMMP-00, so just go ahead and install the the cia of your choice (big pack or single theme file)

then you will have the CTR-M-HMMP-00 app and then I would recommend to always delete if before you want to install another theme .cia

I see, thank you for your trouble.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I actually currently got a black theme that was free on the store, does that not count?

I see, thank you for your trouble.

the standard color themes? red, blue, black .... uhm and yellow(?), pink(?) those came with the firmware update and are not from the store, they are listed somewhere else and are not part of the CTR-M-HMMP-00 app

paulyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, started with 11 Themes, now has 47 :-)
btw, there are only 48 EU Themes existing, yet (and 3 yet unreleased ones, which are already listed in the Theme Index App), so this Pack is only missing 1 theme now, the Shovel Knight Promo Theme .. no idea how to get it, if someone has it, contact me ! :-)
sktheme1.png
From what I've read on the net the theme was only available for one week (7-13 November 2014) for users in the EU & AU Regions who bought the eshop game

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From what I've read on the net the theme was only available for one week (7-13 November 2014) for users in the EU & AU Regions who bought the eshop game

yup, but if someone with the theme made a dump from it, then it could be added to the pack, so maybe we can still make that happen ^^
btw, one of the 3 new themes will be a shovel knight theme.... sooooo I am kinda hoping, that it will be the same one now re-released for everyone

Edit: it's called "Spotlight: Shovel Knight"

paulyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yup, but if someone with the theme made a dump from it, then it could be added to the pack, so maybe we can still make that happen ^^
btw, one of the 3 new themes will be a shovel knight theme.... sooooo I am kinda hoping, that it will be the same one now re-released for everyone
It would be great if someone has it so it can be added to the pack
on the Yacht Games site it mentions they are going to make a new Shovel Knight theme that everyone can download but it would be good to see the original as well

Loffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
the standard color themes? red, blue, black .... uhm and yellow(?), pink(?) those came with the firmware update and are not from the store, they are listed somewhere else and are not part of the CTR-M-HMMP-00 app

Just a miss type from me i guess. I'm setting it up now.

No the default theme don't count
It would show up like this:
iSsDtio.jpg

Oh, i'm learning a whole lot.

2014-11-23 22.14.34.jpg

This is my current theme, so i guess it worked as expected. Again, thank you both. I now feel like a more flexible person when it comes to the 3ds scene.

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also upgraded to a 8gb class 4 SD card I have at home (my previously was a 4gb one) but some random themes keep on freezing. I can't understand why.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I tried out the themes, and I really like some of them.
But does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the background music? It doesn't fit in and it gets pretty annoying.
If there isn't then GorTesK it would be great if you can make a version of this without the background music (or with the default background music instead), as there seems to be a way to edit themes from what I've heard. :)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried out some random themes, seem to be working :). Can't be bothered to go through and test each and every one.

I like the Mario theme in blue :).

I really hope Gateway patch whatever checks prevent out of region and custom themes. I really want that slowpoke one :).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what I'm missing here. After installing the pack, I should just be able to go to the icon in the top left of the 3ds menu and select from all the different themes the pack installed, correct? Or do I have to browse the themes from somewhere else? I've just got the default color ones showing up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44