Hacking EmuNAND to EmuNAND System transfer sucessful

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I did update both emunands on my o3ds and n3ds to 9.5-0.23E, finally tried the system transfer but I got a error at the end of the transfer. So it didn't complete at the and, and every time when I booted gateway mode it went directly to the last part of the system transfer which failed every time.

So I formatted the emunand because it wouldn't get past the last step of the system transfer after choosing gateway mode.

Well after doing that I could go to gateway mode, update emunand again en tried to access the eshop. Unfortunately I noticed that I may have vanished my nnid which I tried to transfer...

Any tips/help?
I backuped both sys and emunands from both my o3ds and n3ds before I tried to transfer my nnid. But yeah I wonder what happened...

edit: I do not have a backup of my emunand I just realised...

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hm have the same fw and just wanted to do a system transfer, now that i´ve finally emunand 9.5 with my 16gb micro sd.. but that scares me a little now :F

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i´m trying it now :D all these instructions that shows up during the transfer are making it even worse.. nintendo can be really user-unfriendly

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i also got an error at the end of the transfer on my n3ds when it tried to check the internet for acceptance.. (my o3ds jumped back to sysnand normally and my n3ds got back to the system settings after the error message)

if i can copy my sd to micro sd now nonetheless?

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
following the exact same instructions it looked similar until i should enter the eshop.. seems like the n3ds freezes.. :/ (don´t know if this should happen when you´ve got to wait 5 mins, or if it should work nornally during the 5 minutes..)

at least i´ve got the nintendo letterbox as a wrapped gift already (very useful---- iirc it shouldn´t even exist anymore Oo)

edit: AH eshop works now :o deleted the letterbox symbol maybe that was the reason.. or just a simple crash the first time.. :D

i hope my nnid and games will appear now, then FINALLY i´m done :o

edit2: AAAAND... DONE! everything´s back to normal and i can finally use my n3ds like i wanted... phew that was scary (just got an error message entering the eshop, trying it again, then it worked..)

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Should we do a system transfer in Gateway mode or Classic mode? or does it not matter

EDIT: Just finished transfering my NNID from o3DS emunand to n3DS emunand, I too got the error around Step 5 and had to disable wi-fi and cancel the transfer but going into the eShop fixed that.

All in all it was a very scary process and I don't recommend it for the faint hearted lol

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know that as well, as I'm looking for a way to do a system transfer from my 9.5 emunand O3dsxl to my 9.5emunand N3DSXl

This worked for me without a hitch. I didn't have to move the old sd card to the new 3ds as that seemed to have been copied over by the migration process. Not sure why OP felt this was necessary.

EDIT: Btw, I should mention that I unlinked the emunand on the n3ds prior to system transfer.

Reactions: Leslie White

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This worked for me without a hitch. I didn't have to move the old sd card to the new 3ds as that seemed to have been copied over by the migration process. Not sure why OP felt this was necessary.

EDIT: Btw, I should mention that I unlinked the emunand on the n3ds prior to system transfer.

Thanks a lot ! I'm gonna try it tomorrow, eventually :)

tekno18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
this is what i did and it worked

1. Boot 2 consoles emunand and begin sistem tranfers, (both emunand updated to 9.5)
2. When the console ask, if the origin console use a sd or mini sd say NO , and DONT format destiny console
3. Both system reboot then copy the sd folder of the old named Nintendo 3ds to the micro sd in the new.
4. Turn off the Wifi off sysnand in the new boot emunand , and then the new ask you to cancel the transfer and say yes.
5. Turn on the wifi on emunand, enter eshop and finger cross.

Good luck.!

troa11

Older Than You
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was necessary for two reasons; first at the time I wrote it, lots of people were still questioning if it were even possible. Secondly, the guide was written for transferring from o3DS to o3DS, this was well before N3DS support. The o3DS to o3DS transfer method is different than o3DS to N3DS and does not just copy all your software over wireless.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was necessary for two reasons; first at the time I wrote it, lots of people were still questioning if it were even possible. Secondly, the guide was written for transferring from o3DS to o3DS, this was well before N3DS support. The o3DS to o3DS transfer method is different than o3DS to N3DS and does not just copy all your software over wireless.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

really? so what are the differences? i have never system transfered. i still don't understand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...