Hacking EmuNAND to EmuNAND System transfer sucessful

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure the step 4-b makes sense. I made a backup of my EmuNand from the source, transferred the systems. RxTools won't let me inject the EmuNand into my card. Gateway mode just presents a black screen... What should I do...?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure the step 4-b makes sense. I made a backup of my EmuNand from the source, transferred the systems. RxTools won't let me inject the EmuNand into my card. Gateway mode just presents a black screen... What should I do...?

http://gbatemp.net/threads/system-transfer-old-3ds-to-new-3ds-gateway-emunand.395656/

here is someones guide for emunand to emunand for the o3ds to n3ds if it helps.

Emunand isn't injected by rxtools or GW, you use emunand transfer tool by n1ghtly for injecting the emunand file to the emunand partition on the sd

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yup, if you get stuck let me know but that guide I posted is very detailed and should walk you though step by step assuming it's o3ds to n3ds
I'm new ( sorta... ) to the 3ds hacking scene. Networking is more my thing. So, I'll tell you if I get stuck.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Same issue. I backed up all my SD card contents. 10gbs. It's pretty hefty. 5,000 or more files. I dumped it all into a folder on my desktop. Removed the card, formatted it with gateway, set up my new EmuNand. Used the tool, restored all the previous files to the card...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Misread. It's O2DS to O3DS XL...

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
With o3ds to o3ds you just need to do a simple system transfer with both being on emunand 10.3
The source system had a 32 GB SD card. The target had a 4 GB. I need to be able to use the 32 GB. So after the transfer, I swapped the two cards and tried to go into EmuNand. It keeps freezing. That's the reason I logged in at such an hour. It keeps giving me issues.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
The source system had a 32 GB SD card. The target had a 4 GB. I need to be able to use the 32 GB. So after the transfer, I swapped the two cards and tried to go into EmuNand. It keeps freezing. That's the reason I logged in at such an hour. It keeps giving me issues.

System transfer should have the option to transfer the files to the pc. So you transfer ota for the main things to the 4gb emunand then once done rip both emunand partitions and swap them then replace the files on the 32gb and format the old card

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
System transfer should have the option to transfer the files to the pc. So you transfer ota for the main things to the 4gb emunand then once done rip both emunand partitions and swap them then replace the files on the 32gb and format the old card
Both cards are blank. I do not currently hold the other card. I though it was going to be simple and not necessary for the card afterwards. I gave it to a friend and they went home. Also, I want to use the 32 GB card. I don't want to get rid of it.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Both cards are blank. I do not currently hold the other card. I though it was going to be simple and not necessary for the card afterwards. I gave it to a friend and they went home. Also, I want to use the 32 GB card. I don't want to get rid of it.

You need a sd card in both systems to do a transfer. You can transfer everything manually but it's advanced and takes a while

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why are multiple EmuNands needed...? I made the two, transferred, that should be all there is to it. Also, transferring from 3ds directly to PC was never possible.

You need a sd card in both systems to do a transfer. You can transfer everything manually but it's advanced and takes a while
I already did the system transfer. Both cards had the EmuNand partition made and updated. I transferred them both. Neither of them will boot EmuNand. I just sold the old system. I still have possession of it until tomorrow. But I just don't understand anything right now...

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Why are multiple EmuNands needed...? I made the two, transferred, that should be all there is to it. Also, transferring from 3ds directly to PC was never possible.

I already did the system transfer. Both cards had the EmuNand partition made and updated. I transferred them both. Neither of them will boot EmuNand. I just sold the old system. I still have possession of it until tomorrow. But I just don't understand anything right now...

There's I think three options when doing system transfers. Fully OTA, PC transfer and sd swap. If you choose PC transfer it has you transfer all the files to the pc and then transfers all the system files and NNID. Once done you would have to swap the emunand bins to go from 32gb to 4gb then transfer the files over

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There's I think three options when doing system transfers. Fully OTA, PC transfer and sd swap. If you choose PC transfer it has you transfer all the files to the pc and then transfers all the system files and NNID. Once done you would have to swap the emunand bins to go from 32gb to 4gb then transfer the files over
I didn't do it over a computer. I did it over the 2 systems. NNID cannot be transferred unless by the 3ds built in system transfer. It's a server based operation. I have over $500 in titles in the eShop. I cannot afford to just say screw it and make a new NNID and then rebuy or pirate my content. I don't want to sound rude here, but I do not have files from the 4GB card. I did not use it. I set up EmuNand, updated, transferred, formatted, and gave it away. I had all the important stuff stowed away on the 32 GB card from the older system. Now I want to use that new card on this new console I got for my birthday, and from the looks of it, I'm going to need to dish out either another $500 on a new NNID or pirate my content all over again. I can't afford to spend this kind of money.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I didn't do it over a computer. I did it over the 2 systems. NNID cannot be transferred unless by the 3ds built in system transfer. It's a server based operation. I have over $500 in titles in the eShop. I cannot afford to just say screw it and make a new NNID and then rebuy or pirate my content. I don't want to sound rude here, but I do not have files from the 4GB card. I did not use it. I set up EmuNand, updated, transferred, formatted, and gave it away. I had all the important stuff stowed away on the 32 GB card from the older system. Now I want to use that new card on this new console I got for my birthday, and from the looks of it, I'm going to need to dish out either another $500 on a new NNID or pirate my content all over again. I can't afford to spend this kind of money.

You're not listening to what I'm trying to tell you. I am fully aware of how system transfer works and the abilities and limits of it.

Best of luck getting it to work

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You're not listening to what I'm trying to tell you. I am fully aware of how system transfer works and the abilities and limits of it.

Best of luck getting it to work
Sorry, but I hardly even know too much about the English language and I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying and on how I need both EmuNand dumps, when I'll never use the other SD card again in my life. Or the system either as a matter of fact. I guess if you're truly done trying to help me; thanks for the time. And hopefully I don't screw something up.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I hardly even know too much about the English language and I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying and on how I need both EmuNand dumps, when I'll never use the other SD card again in my life. Or the system either as a matter of fact. I guess if you're truly done trying to help me; thanks for the time. And hopefully I don't screw something up.

I'm saying without both systems on emunand at this point I'm not sure what else you can do. I'm not sure exactly what steps you took and were your at so I would suggest starting over. Everything from emunand down to content is crypto locked to the console. Unless you property transferred the files ota with an equal to or great than card you would have had to use to transfer to pc option. The pc option looks at the other 3ds and configures the ticket files to accept the transferred content; if this was not selected then just simply transferring them over won't work.

You need emunand on both to make the successful transfer then inject that emunand into the larger card

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm saying without both systems on emunand at this point I'm not sure what else you can do. I'm not sure exactly what steps you took and were your at so I would suggest starting over. Everything from emunand down to content is crypto locked to the console. Unless you property transferred the files ota with an equal to or great than card you would have had to use to transfer to pc option. The pc option looks at the other 3ds and configures the ticket files to accept the transferred content; if this was not selected then just simply transferring them over won't work.

You need emunand on both to make the successful transfer then inject that emunand into the larger card
Can't set up another EmuNand without 2 SD cards. I don't know what OTA mans but I updated both EmuNands and transferred the consoles. And it won't even boot the EmuNands anymore. Deleting the sdcard contents has been done 3 times now and restored. It takes too long. That's no longer my option.
If it doesn't work, It's the card/consoles. I guess I'm just going to not use them. There's nothing else I can do at this point.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Can't set up another EmuNand without 2 SD cards. I don't know what OTA mans but I updated both EmuNands and transferred the consoles. And it won't even boot the EmuNands anymore. Deleting the sdcard contents has been done 3 times now and restored. It takes too long. That's no longer my option.
If it doesn't work, It's the card/consoles. I guess I'm just going to not use them. There's nothing else I can do at this point.

Call Nintendo and say you broke your 3ds and have them transfer the nnid. Then just re download everything

OTA = over the air

Last edited by Ronhero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night