Easiest way to Downgrade your New 3DS/3DS down to 9.2!

Hey everyone back with a simple & quick tutorial on how to downgrade your 3DS or New 3DS down to 9.2 even from up to firmware 10.3. I have manage to downgrade my new 3ds using this method 3 times in a row successfully with no soft brick. Watch the tutorial and happy modding!

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question, did you format your system and sd card before downgrading?

Hi! Actually I had to use SD Formatter to format the sdcard. As for the system, I didn't really format it or anything - it was a fresh 3DS after transferring my stuff to my N3DSXL.

3rdamention

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, thanks thanks thanks. I had to create an account just to thank you for this.

Ok, so I just successfully downgraded my US n3ds (on 10.3 firmware, it was the latest available) first try without issues. I was a nervous wreck, didn't have a NAND backup, and was worried about bricking.

I know there are a lot of questions out there, misinformation, incomplete tutorials, etc. So I basically did what was in this video, and it worked beautifully.

1. I have a 32gb PNY MicroSD card. I backed up every single thing on my n3ds card to my PC. I used the SD Card formater that Nintendo recommends right here. I selected Full (Overwrite) Format Type and Format Size Adjustment ON. Then I formatted the microSD card. When finished, I copied everything right back over from my PC to my newly formatted microSD card. THis included all my emulators, roms, and everything else I had installed via Browserhack.

2. I didn't Format my n3ds or anything, just the microSD card.

3. Then, I followed everything in the video in the first post in this thread, exactly as stated in the video. I used Menuhax as my entry to launch sysUpdater. But before launching sysUpdater, I did the FTPBrony trick by opening it, then immediately spamming the B Button to close it. THis is also detailed in the video. Also, if you had a DNS set up to use Tubehax in the past, you need to remove that before doing this downgrade. I never used Tubehax so this wasn't an issue for me.

4. I used the sysUpdater that is in the description of this video. I know some people have had issues with different sysUpdater programs.

4. Everything worked just like it did in the video.

Last edited by 3rdamention,

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I noticed something. Even for me. When I wiped everything. Formatted SD card and n3dsxl. The downgrade process went smooth. So I think it's like an iPhone jailbreak. Better to start fresh. Less problems period.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my N3DS XL is bricked. Only blue light. It didn't boot up after the downgrade said it was successful, and didn't reboot in 10 seconds.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded my o3DSXL (formatted my 3DS and SD card, I got a lot of saves but backed it up using "tdvs", hopefully I'll get it back, fingerscrossed) with the help of this video again, first try, PROFIT!! I think it really helps to format the system and the SD card. The only backfire i believe is you'll lose some files/data. I have 2 retail games which I download from eshop and it seems I can't redownload it anymore after downgrading. I used the Eshop that is included in smea's starter kit btw.

Note:
If you are planning to coldboot,(launch rxtools on boot) remember to uninstall Menuhax by changing your theme to any theme(red,black doesnt matter) then revert back to default. Otherwise, you'll get red/blackscreens once you configure your rxtools to autoboot using ctrbootmanager.

XyracX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think my N3DS XL is bricked. Only blue light. It didn't boot up after the downgrade said it was successful, and didn't reboot in 10 seconds.

Try the recovery mode : "The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad)."

If you succeed to restore back your 3DS, than try this tutorial instead : https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-i-believe-is-the-best-downgrade-process-right-now.408203/

Last edited by XyracX,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's bricked, I tried recovery mode, didn't work, my dumbass copy/pasted the update files for O3DS rather than N3DS. I told this to someone and they said that KTM was necessary after all. Regardless, it's my fault.

Vive N3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm new in the 3DS hack, my New Nintendo 3DS have the 9.9.0-26E firmware , IronHax is installed on it and HomebrewChannel installed too, so I want to downgrade my N3DS to 9.2 to get hacks but I listen on french forums that there are some problems when you downgrade from 9.9, Is it true ? Should I need to upgrade the frimware to 10.3, install browserhax to access HBL to downgrade safely to 9.2 ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :) Sorry for my english I'm french :3

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed your instruction on youtube and semi bricked 2n3ds (9.8 animal crossing bundle)thankfully i was able to update them
anyway the safesysUpdter checked all my cia files but crashed on some cia files then shutdown and
the system is bricked.
so is there something missing from your tut and could you pm the link to safe system firmware to dl from

Last edited by alepman90,

stewlink

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm new in the 3DS hack, my New Nintendo 3DS have the 9.9.0-26E firmware , IronHax is installed on it and HomebrewChannel installed too, so I want to downgrade my N3DS to 9.2 to get hacks but I listen on french forums that there are some problems when you downgrade from 9.9, Is it true ? Should I need to upgrade the frimware to 10.3, install browserhax to access HBL to downgrade safely to 9.2 ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :) Sorry for my english I'm french :3
Yes it seems better to update do 10.3 first.
I tried without updating and I had a soft brick.
With another new 3ds I tried updating to 10.3 first and it worked.

KPJZKC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I followed your instruction on youtube and semi bricked 2n3ds (9.8 animal crossing bundle)thankfully i was able to update them
anyway the safesysUpdter checked all my cia files but crashed on some cia files then shutdown and
the system is bricked.
so is there something missing from your tut and could you pm the link to safe system firmware to dl from

I had exactly the same issue with safesysupdater - going from 9.8 - 9.2. Used the correct files too - I've seen a couple of similar posts about it too.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
I had exactly the same issue with safesysupdater - going from 9.8 - 9.2. Used the correct files too - I've seen a couple of similar posts about it too.
was it o3Ds or N3DS/XL?and what region?
Also what the homebrew entry you used ?
*yes mine from 9.8 to 9.2 Animal Crossing bundle

Last edited by alepman90,

KPJZKC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
was it o3Ds or N3DS/XL?and what region?
Also what the homebrew entry you used ?
*yes mine from 9.8 to 9.2 Animal Crossing bundle

Sorry for not including info -

N3DS XL - Europe - v9.8 - I used Menuhax + Safesysupdater.

I had only bought it the day before, so I might have gotten a replacement from the shop because it was 'broken' :teach:

Will hold off a few days to see if any new tools come out before trying again. Don't really want to brick it a second time, going back to the shop again isn't really an option, ho ho.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for not including info -

N3DS XL - Europe - v9.8 - I used Menuhax + Safesysupdater.

I had only bought it the day before, so I might have gotten a replacement from the shop because it was 'broken' :teach:

Will hold off a few days to see if any new tools come out before trying again. Don't really want to brick it a second time, going back to the shop again isn't really an option, ho ho.
Same here:Menuhax+Safesysupdater(i used the regular one too same results)
anyhow it's not broken just press A+L+R+up when you boot it ....update and it's a new system again but with fw 10.5

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work but my screen stays dark unless I take out my SD card then it boots normally and it says I'm on 9.2. Did I do something wrong? Do I need to format my SD card?

shane21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Photo 03-03-2016, 5 12 28 AM.jpg Anyone knows how to fix this? Currently at 10.2.0 U.. Tried formatting system and memory card then restart the process but still the same error..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0