Hacking DSTWO + should be released by the end of this month (didn't happen)

Starkgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also been waiting for this card to release. At least some accurate confirmed details on it. I'm in the market for a card on my 9.4 system and if this new card supports it, i would be ecstatic. I really dont want a sky lol. Anyway, I've been eyeing the chinese forums like a hawk for this past week and there hasn't been any news at all, even though a dev said it'll be out this month for sure. The month is almost up, and all I'm seeing over there is guys just like us who can't stop talking about it. Here's to hoping, I guess.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've also been waiting for this card to release. At least some accurate confirmed details on it. I'm in the market for a card on my 9.4 system and if this new card supports it, i would be ecstatic. I really dont want a sky lol. Anyway, I've been eyeing the chinese forums like a hawk for this past week and there hasn't been any news at all, even though a dev said it'll be out this month for sure. The month is almost up, and all I'm seeing over there is guys just like us who can't stop talking about it. Here's to hoping, I guess.

Release must be emininent if it wasn't there would still be DSTWO stock but there isn't and whatever stock is left the price has been jacked up to 70-100$, I think I paid around 40-50$ RHS before they were shut down.

These companies like making money, they wouldn't stop shipments of the DSTWO if the DSTWO+ wasn't days/a week a way.

I belive that it will go on sale by Monday if not really soon after, and not gateway soon.

Starkgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release must be emininent if it wasn't there would still be DSTWO stock but there isn't and whatever stock is left the price has been jacked up to 70-100$, I think I paid around 40-50$ RHS before they were shut down.

These companies like making money, they wouldn't stop shipments of the DSTWO if the DSTWO+ wasn't days/a week a way.

I belive that it will go on sale by Monday if not really soon after, and not gateway soon.

Yeah, exactly. I'm just hoping it works for higher fw versions. 9.3+ being limited to sky really sucks. Though to be honest, since it's a hybrid card, and the fact that they stopped production on dstwos (which actually works on 9.5 iirc) I would like to think this new card will have some support for those. Extra points if it support emunand/cia and homebrew while keeping native gba emulation around. Sigh. A man can only dream.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel this all bullshit.

If DSTWO+ were legit and functioning on the new3DS, surely it'd make sense for them to release is ASAP because GW are stalling on any new3DS support.

I can't help but not be excite by DSTWO for this reason.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel this all bullshit.

If DSTWO+ were legit and functioning on the new3DS, surely it'd make sense for them to release is ASAP because GW are stalling on any new3DS support.

I can't help but not be excite by DSTWO for this reason.

It will support N3DS. As soon as gateway releases and they finish reverse-engineering it.

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little... irritated.

In Dec. I purchased what seemed to be one of the last DSTWO cards on ModchipCentral. Three days later it says they've been shipped to the factory to have their firmware upgraded. I wad a little cranky, but I made it through Gatewait '14 alright so I figured "Whetev's, man. I've got better stuff to do anyway." Then in late Jan. they say they're no longer making them and that I'd get a "discount" on the DSTWO+. Okayyy? "I mean it's supposed to basically be a DSTWO with a Gateway-esque red card. I'll just sell that bit or sell my-"... And that's when it hit me.

I really wanted the DSTWO, and JUST the DSTWO. I got through Gatewait, I had reinstalled all my CIA files on an internal 64GB SD card, and I actually -like- my Gateway. I specifically wanted the DSTWO to play all my old games from when I was a teenager and back when I was attending Virginia Tech - not because I wanted to play 3DS games, or even DS games really. I just wanted to occasionally re-live my nostalgic young-adult years now that it's like 10-20 years later (depending on the game/console).

I appreciate Supercard's will to expand their product line for modern Nintendo handhelds. Don't get me wrong. But I do feel ripped off. I dunno' if Supercard is to blame or simply ModchipCentral, but I'm feeling a tad-bit screwed by this who shift in focus. Y'know?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India

In Dec. I purchased what seemed to be one of the last DSTWO cards on ModchipsDirect. Three days later it says they've been shipped to the factory to have their firmware upgraded. I wad a little cranky, but I made it through Gatewait '14 alright so I figured "Whetev's, man. I've got better stuff to do anyway." Then in late Jan. they say they're no longer making them and that I'd get a "discount" on the DSTWO+. Okayyy? "I mean it's supposed to basically be a DSTWO with a Gateway-esque red card. I'll just sell that bit or sell my-"... And that's when it hit me.

I really wanted the DSTWO, and JUST the DSTWO. I got through Gatewait, I had reinstalled all my CIA files on an internal 64GB SD card, and I actually -like- my Gateway. I specifically wanted the DSTWO to play all my old games from when I was a teenager and back when I was attending Virginia Tech - not because I wanted to play 3DS games, or even DS games really. I just wanted to occasionally re-live my nostalgic young-adult years now that it's like 10-20 years later (depending on the game/console).

I appreciate Supercard's will to expand their product line for modern Nintendo handhelds. Don't get me wrong. But I do feel ripped off. I dunno' if Supercard is to blame or simply ModchipsDirect, but I'm feeling a tad-bit screwed by this who shift in focus. Y'know?

Why don't you ask for a refund? They obviously cheated you by first saying they have it in stock and now they're saying they'll give you "discount" WTF!

Ask for your money back dude.

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you ask for a refund? They obviously cheated you by first saying they have it in stock and now they're saying they'll give you "discount" WTF!

Ask for your money back dude.

I did. And I got an e-mail along the lines of "I'm sorry, we don't do refunds. We'd be happy to sell you an R4i though with the credit"... minus decent grammar.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

In Dec. I purchased what seemed to be one of the last DSTWO cards on ModchipsDirect. Three days later it says they've been shipped to the factory to have their firmware upgraded. I wad a little cranky, but I made it through Gatewait '14 alright so I figured "Whetev's, man. I've got better stuff to do anyway." Then in late Jan. they say they're no longer making them and that I'd get a "discount" on the DSTWO+. Okayyy? "I mean it's supposed to basically be a DSTWO with a Gateway-esque red card. I'll just sell that bit or sell my-"... And that's when it hit me.

I appreciate Supercard's will to expand their product line for modern Nintendo handhelds. Don't get me wrong. But I do feel ripped off. I dunno' if Supercard is to blame or simply ModchipsDirect, but I'm feeling a tad-bit screwed by this who shift in focus. Y'know?
i would just ask for a refund, if they cant provide the card you ordered they should just refund, supercard are being as stupid as gateway with the "soon" stuff if not worse as they aren't even announcing the features, so basically they have cut off supply of their old card so people who actually just want one are screwed, people waiting to decide what 3ds card are screwed as they dont even know what they will be offering, and resellers are screwed as it seems they where given zero warning that supercard would be stopping shipments...just boom no more "we will announce in more tiems™ what we are up to"

i would say most of the blame sits with supercard, there was no need to remove the old DSTWO from production until they had actually released the 3DS card
I did. And I got an e-mail along the lines of "I'm sorry, we don't do refunds. We'd be happy to sell you an R4i though with the credit"... minus decent grammar.
oh in that case make a "modchips direct are scammers" thread, until they issue your refund....that is not right and you should warn people they are basically holding your money at ransom :wacko:

Reactions: Wilhelm

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would just ask for a refund, if they cant provide the card you ordered they should just refund, supercard are being as stupid as gateway with the "soon" stuff if not worse as they aren't even announcing the features, so basically they have cut off supply of their old card so people who actually just want one are screwed, people waiting to decide what 3ds card are screwed as they dont even know what they will be offering, and resellers are screwed as it seems they where given zero warning that supercard would be stopping shipments...just boom no more "we will announce in more tiems™ what we are up to"

i would say most of the blame sits with supercard, there was no need to remove the old DSTWO from production until they had actually released the 3DS card

oh in that case make a "modchips direct are scammers" thread, until they issue your refund....that is not right and you should warn people they are basically holding your money at ransom :wacko:

I ordered a gateway from them and it came no problem.

Should I be skeptical of their "6 month warranty?" With the loss of RHS, I am very hesitant to buy flashcarts anymore. Just don't know who is trustworthy.

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States

I thought about it, but... I mean, I just don't want to be "that guy". Are they scammers? I dunno'. I know they give you that disclaimer on the website, and thanks to going through my spam-box I noticed they receive payment via a Chinese company. But that's pretty common, oddly enough. Global economy and whatnot. I'm a paralegal student, I ace contractual legal writing to the point my classmates call me "The Contract Demon", and I should have known better? I'm just confused. Angry. Disappointed. Is making that sort of thread a legitimate tactic?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I thought about it, but... I mean, I just don't want to be "that guy". Are they scammers? I dunno'. I know they give you that disclaimer on the website, and thanks to going through my spam-box I noticed they receive payment via a Chinese company. But that's pretty common, oddly enough. Global economy and whatnot. I'm a paralegal student, I ace contractual legal writing to the point my classmates call me "The Contract Demon", and I should have known better? I'm just confused. Angry. Disappointed. Is making that sort of thread a legitimate tactic?
oh i know its a bit over dramatic, but in all fairness if they cant provide what you ordered, they have no real right to just keep the money, maybe yeah if they had them and you changed your mind, or they where expecting new stock soon,.....but they simply do not have the card, and will not be getting the card, in my opinion holding someones money and not being able to give them what they paid for is scamming

Reactions: Wilhelm

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
oh i know its a bit over dramatic, but in all fairness if they cant provide what you ordered, they have no real right to just keep the money, maybe yeah if they had them and you changed your mind, or they where expecting new stock soon,.....but they simply do not have the card, and will not be getting the card, in my opinion holding someones money and not being able to give them what they paid for is scamming
Valid point. I mean it is purely circumstantial, and reasonably there are extenuating circumstances for nearly every rule or law.

Alright. I'll give it a try.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i find most people who are being screwed over by a reseller usually the reseller will have a change of heart once their reputation is being put at risk, i know where they are coming from with the "no refunds" thing.....but the difference here is that this issue is their fault, its not you trying to worm out of the order, in which case i would agree with them, but if they cannot provide you with what you paid for, by all means offer an alternative and see if you are happy, but dont simply say "give us more money for something else"....that is where they are now looking like scumbags

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valid point. I mean it is purely circumstantial, and reasonably there are extenuating circumstances for nearly every rule or law.

Alright. I'll give it a try.

What, exactly, is purely circumstantial? My legal education does not exist, but I can think of no COMMON SENSE "extenuating circumstance" for failing to refund money for a product not delivered. Oh well, that's this legal knuckle-dragger's 2P, cents, whatever.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, no matter what way you look at it, its like me going into mcdonalds, ordering a big mac burger, then they take my money say they will bring it to my table, then 2 minutes later saying....oh yeah sorry we dont do burgers any more, so you will have to give us more for a deluxe combo chicken salad......i dont think anyone would accept that.....well you might if you like chicken, but they cant just say i "you have to take it, no refunds", if they cant provide, they can "offer" an alternative, but they cant force you to take it

truth is no "refunds" would imply you received the item and want to return it......but you didn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?