Homebrew DSi Downgrading - The Complete Guide

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to decide which game to download for the exploit. Other than the small price/points difference is there any benefit to using SUDOKU instead of Fieldrunners? (e.g. Do they each allow different system permissions? Is one more compatible with DSi homebrew?)

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just wondering if a DSi hardmod is still necessary?
It just seems odd to me that we can use DSiWare to dump and restore the 3DS NAND, yet we can't yet do the same on a DSi?
If we can get the ConsoleID and CID via software methods, why is it still necessary to hardmod?

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering if a DSi hardmod is still necessary?
It just seems odd to me that we can use DSiWare to dump and restore the 3DS NAND, yet we can't yet do the same on a DSi?
If we can get the ConsoleID and CID via software methods, why is it still necessary to hardmod?
We still need to hardmod in order to inject the saves containing the payloads.

Reactions: The Cringe

NermaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It is possible to change console region using this guide? What will happen if i flash NAND from other same HW console onto my DSi?

Last edited by NermaN,

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Shit. Is there any way to get DSi points? Impossible to buy officially. And I spent my 500 left DSi Points in a game a year ago thinking that this was dead and we would never have a exploitable game. Now this appears... Cool...

So in order to run an exploit we need Fieldrunners, Sudoku or another similar. Any way to get it? If isn't, this tutorial won't be longer possible...
F*uck! Lots of exploits were found on 3DS... I'm totally sure that there's an easy exploit in some of the native apps. DSi Sound is very interesting...

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit. Is there any way to get DSi points? Impossible to buy officially. And I spent my 500 left DSi Points in a game a year ago thinking that this was dead and we would never have a exploitable game. Now this appears... Cool...

So in order to run an exploit we need Fieldrunners, Sudoku or another similar. Any way to get it? If isn't, this tutorial won't be longer possible...
F*uck! Lots of exploits were found on 3DS... I'm totally sure that there's an easy exploit in some of the native apps. DSi Sound is very interesting...
3DS sound, I believe, is vulnerable, and it's a port of the DSi Version, so in theory, yes. But we need someone willing to develop the exploit.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/yellows8/dsi <- Awesome that nowadays people is still working on DSi exploits.
15 days ago appeared 4swordshax... but is a DSiWare so... the same...
Yeah, I posted that on the TWLtool thread when it was released, but it's only for those who already have the exploit games. Also, as of now, it's only for 3DS hacking.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much has been happening in this thread anymore, but hopefully someone can answer this question. The 3ds downgrading scene has developed a way to inject the old sudoku into any larger dsiware, which sould theoretically enable us to install DSiwarehax on a DSi again. The only problem would be retrieving the console ID, because the method used in this guide needs sudoku or fieldrunners specifically. Would it be possible to obtain the Console ID through another way, or at least retrieve it with other hackable dsiware, like legends of exidia or four swords?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I grew up with the 2012 show