Homebrew DSi Downgrading - The Complete Guide

D

Deleted-369620

You need the exploitable games to boot homebrew.
There's no other way around it except a CycloDSi
But I don't really wan't to boot it, I just want to downgrade the whitelist, So I got ConsoleID with some DsiWare My ConsoleID via Loser/Raspberry. So I only need to hardmod it?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your Console ID is gained via the exploitable DSi ware games, your Card Identifier is gained via a DSi game.
You need both to decrypt the NAND and downgrade the whitelist.
Whilst you're at it, why not continue and have the DSi exploit on it as well.
In the future, it might bring DSi ware loading.

D

Deleted-369620

Your Console ID is gained via the exploitable DSi ware games, your Card Identifier is gained via a DSi game.
You need both to decrypt the NAND and downgrade the whitelist.
Whilst you're at it, why not continue and have the DSi exploit on it as well.
In the future, it might bring DSi ware loading.
But the SLR extractor can extract the footer of non exploit games if you give the basename, It also doesn't contain any references to exploit games eg; Sudoku, Fieldrunners. I got mine from a preloaded brain training game. So if I only want to downgrade the system I can skip the Dsiware-exploit req. ?

qubtrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I own a japanese DSI LL (XL). If i can get a hold of a unencrypted EU/US XL nand, would it be possible to convert my JAP dsi to US/EU version?

Like re-encrypt the EU/US XL nand with my ConsoleID and CID extracted from original JAP DSI and write it back?
Maybe there is more things involved...

qubtrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, every DSi NAND is unique to that specific DSi.
Similar to how the Wii works.

So in short, it'll be impossible.

So there is more uniqe parts in NAND besides ConsoleID and CID?
When NAND is mounted as filesystem i could freely copy things between US/EU and JAP Version.
If the uniqe stuff comes as files i could overwrite them in the "donor" NAND. Keeping the english System menu.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It could possible to overwrite certain things, however an entire NAND wouldn't be possible.
The MBR of the NAND is encrypted with a per console key.

I'm not to knowledged on the entire DSi, mainly cause of lack of interest and general lack of interest.
dsibrew.org has a far better explaination then I could do as of now ;p

qubtrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i assumed it was ok to fiddle around with files and re-encrypt NAND keeping other stuff like MBR and bootloaders intact...
Thanks for quick replies!

nocash123

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
So there is more uniqe parts in NAND besides ConsoleID and CID?
The "HWINFO_S.dat" file contains the Region code and ConsoleID in RSA-encrypted form. Without Nintendo's private RSA key it's impossible to change the Region (or to use the "HWINFO_S.dat" file from a different console with different ConsoleID).

Reactions: Gadorach

qubtrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The "HWINFO_S.dat" file contains the Region code and ConsoleID in RSA-encrypted form. Without Nintendo's private RSA key it's impossible to change the Region (or to use the "HWINFO_S.dat" file from a different console with different ConsoleID).

Thanks for clearing that out. Time to learn Japanese =)

Vale C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, first of all the guide is excellent, I have a ds lite / ds original.
I downloaded no $ gba and the biggest loser from the internet, I started with the .SAV located in the package (CID DUMPER) and there were lots of zeros on the emulator, I have tried to do it with the dsi r4 but c 'it was a black screen 2016-06-25_120027_738.jpg 2016-06-25_120212_418.jpg . If I try to open TB_loser_inject_EU.nds says Reading cart info ... Wrong card detected.Stop. 2016-06-25_121021_842.jpg Please help me, I would try modding of dsi. However, you can change the icons on dsi home or change the tune. Sorry for the bad english (google translator) Thank you all.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, first of all the guide is excellent, I have a ds lite / ds original.
I downloaded no $ gba and the biggest loser from the internet, I started with the .SAV located in the package (CID DUMPER) and there were lots of zeros on the emulator, I have tried to do it with the dsi r4 but c 'it was a black screenView attachment 54112 View attachment 54113 . If I try to open TB_loser_inject_EU.nds says Reading cart info ... Wrong card detected.Stop. View attachment 54114 Please help me, I would try modding of dsi. However, you can change the icons on dsi home or change the tune. Sorry for the bad english (google translator) Thank you all.
It does not work with the ROM on a DS flashcard. You need the actual Biggest Loser game card with the save payload installed.

Reactions: The Cringe

Vale C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Were you able to understand the cause of the problem? :huh:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you tell me some other method or solution? Thanks for the support and excuse the bad English but I use google translator :mellow:

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Were you able to understand the cause of the problem? :huh:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you tell me some other method or solution? Thanks for the support and excuse the bad English but I use google translator :mellow:
You need a retail copy of the DSi-enhanced game "The Biggest Loser". You can not use an R4, or other DS Flash Cart, to run a backup of that game. The exploit is meant to run in DSi-mode. DS Flash Carts only run in DS-mode. Therefore, you can not use a DS Flash Cart to run the exploit.

Reactions: marc00077

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free