DSi 1.4.3 is out!

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DSTwo works on 1.4.3, so it isn´t blocked. Any chance of updating the very first post?
yaynds.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
Am I the only one who thought that they would stop giving a fuck bout the DSi once the 3DS came out?

There are still games being released for it. They'll only stop updating the DSi when companies stop releasing games for it (which may never happen given how the DS is as successful as the PS2 and we know that still sells tens of thousands every week).

KamiKazeKenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny - Nintendo admires Sony's wonderful attempts at blocking piracy SOO MUCH, that they are going the same route.
rolleyes.gif
This is definitely going to stop the people who use flashcards, because the majority of them have no idea how one works, or how to patch theirs. It all makes perfect sense! A very good time and effort spent, which couldn't be spent any better.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well with bone headed decisions like this one:
http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/posts/126089684142160

How can you not turn to pirating something so you can play it in a country that will never get a certain game.

If you don't know what the 3 games are:
Xenoblade
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower

This post is off topic. don't waste your time replying to it.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:

How can you not turn to pirating something so you can play it in a country that will never get a certain game.

Xenoblade
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower

A translation effort for such games would be a massive undertaking. You need to justify the cost of this undertaking vs how much money you would make selling the game in foreign markets. Obviously the markets for these games would be quite limited, so you do the numbers and conclude it is not a good business decision to do so.

You're simply justifying your piracy with a non-sequitor.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
With how Sony lags in sales and makes enemies on a daily basis, I don't think anyone should follow their business model.

I think this is more like Microsoft's strategy of, "We'll try to stop you but we won't really go out of our way to do something that could be both costly and ineffective and you might see as a challenge and not just us protecting our system or IP."

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kayot said:
With how Sony lags in sales and makes enemies on a daily basis, I don't think anyone should follow their business model.

I think this is more like Microsoft's strategy of, "We'll try to stop you but we won't really go out of our way to do something that could be both costly and ineffective and you might see as a challenge and not just us protecting our system or IP."

It's not like Microsoft BANS you from Xbox Live and basically forces you to buy a new console if you want to play Xbox Live games again? Also, it's not like Nintendo has been updating their systems (Wii at least) to stop backup loading before there were any issues with Sony's consoles (meaning hacking and piracy).

There's nothing wrong with a company combating piracy or any device that can allow piracy. If you pirate games you have to live with some of the minor roadblocks that come with it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
doyama said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

Xenoblade
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower

A translation effort for such games would be a massive undertaking. You need to justify the cost of this undertaking vs how much money you would make selling the game in foreign markets. Obviously the markets for these games would be quite limited, so you do the numbers and conclude it is not a good business decision to do so.

You're simply justifying your piracy with a non-sequitor.

Except if some of those games were already translated for the EU market. Don't live in the US, but still I consider it a bit odd that they don't bother to make the release international..

Wondering actually when the iEvo will be updated for the newest 3DS update (for DS mode) and this update (for DS mode). Well at least I have other consoles to keep me occupied. :3

-Qtis

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Nimbus said:
QUOTE said:
This update provides behind-the-scenes improvements to system performance.

Lol we're gonna block your weak flashcards again fail at this miserably, and generally add nothing of any value whatsoever!

Fixed.

I don't have a DSi myself, but it seems like another dick move by Nintendo to release an update for anything that does nothing....oh wait!

Pity those that have flashcarts that no longer work on the new update.
If you were Nintendo, you wouldn't say the same thing.
If they didn't update their systems to block flashcards, then everyone could just use their flashcart.
By continuously blocking headers, it will narrow down the list of possible useable headers for flashcart's exploits.
Over time, they will all be used up and we will have to find a new way to get the flashcarts to load.
there will always be usable headers,always

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if someone made them "put their money in their mouth" and demonstrate HOW these updates actually improve performance and stability.

Hell, we all know that such writing is basically code for "blocking ur shit", but I think it'd be interesting to see them back up their claims with some kind of benchmark of performance before and after said updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1