Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm How Can i Use this?
I have Put it on my Flashcard and Start it. it give me Text
When i only must Have it on SD And Start a Game. It works than too!

Or What must i do whit this?
Sorry i´m a Noob in Ds/Dsi shit. :D
You can't use it. It doesn't work.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So DS roms from the SD card will be possible soon? That's a pretty huge leap if we can play DS roms by using nothing more than a SD card in the future
soon as Maybe late next year? then yes "Soon" the biggest hurdle is getting around Patching roms to read from our newly opened up SD Access instead of Slot-1 and its not as easy as it sounds or "lol just make it act like a flashcard hur de dur." flashcarts do Slot1 emulation so its not Reeealy loading 100% from the MicroSD

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not easy, I agree, but it's possible. All Flashcards need patches too so that the game loads from the sd card.
what we're doing is Direct SD Loading

what a flashcard does is kinda.. well its a Image Loader for the Emulated Slot1 (atleast how i understand they work i know what we need to do vs how card actually work is vastly diffrent and Difficult)

Flashcard upon Rom Selction Loads Rom as an flatout .img/.iso of sorts, -> Slot1 emulation Begins -> Internally Data is streamed Live to the Emulated Slot 1's Nand Flash Storage with likely on-the-fly pacthing on all real Slot1 calls are directed at its emulated one so it doesnt try to read the actual Slot1 Stored info on the card (Kernel/Fake game header etc.)

in what my mind gathers our solution in being the "dirtiest Route" is in essence Emulate a flashcart. but the overhead probbly would leave it N3DS only likely. best b et to start poking where we should be looking at is a flashcart for the DSi/DSOrginal that was OpenSource if any/had leaked Source and examine its Slot 1 Emulation/Calls and go from there.

will we have Cheats + SD Rom access "Maybe" w/ the big priority being making SD Loading work but when this is done , again likely N3DS Only. with Rom Loading compatable w/ both and by that point we're better off using a flashcart IF you want cheats unless NitroHax is tied into it.

for my typos this post i apologize its almost 4am and i've been up all night streaming the second half of Minecraft Storymode since 6PM EST Yesterday (chapters 5~8)

@Apache Thunder care to correct me if im wrong or point me where on teh track i'm confused on about what obsticles we need to deal w/ How flashcarts do thier thing and where to look in making SD Loading work?

Last edited by Dracari,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
what we're doing is Direct SD Loading

what a flashcard does is kinda.. well its a Image Loader for the Emulated Slot1 (atleast how i understand they work i know what we need to do vs how card actually work is vastly diffrent and Difficult)

Flashcard upon Rom Selction Loads Rom as an flatout .img/.iso of sorts, -> Slot1 emulation Begins -> Internally Data is streamed Live to the Emulated Slot 1's Nand Flash Storage with likely on-the-fly pacthing on all real Slot1 calls are directed at its emulated one so it doesnt try to read the actual Slot1 Stored info on the card (Kernel/Fake game header etc.)

in what my mind gathers our solution in being the "dirtiest Route" is in essence Emulate a flashcart. but the overhead probbly would leave it N3DS only likely. best b et to start poking where we should be looking at is a flashcart for the DSi/DSOrginal that was OpenSource if any/had leaked Source and examine its Slot 1 Emulation/Calls and go from there.

will we have Cheats + SD Rom access "Maybe" w/ the big priority being making SD Loading work but when this is done , again likely N3DS Only. with Rom Loading compatable w/ both and by that point we're better off using a flashcart IF you want cheats unless NitroHax is tied into it.

for my typos this post i apologize its almost 4am and i've been up all night streaming the second half of Minecraft Storymode since 6PM EST Yesterday (chapters 5~8)

@Apache Thunder care to correct me if im wrong or point me where on teh track i'm confused on about what obsticles we need to deal w/ How flashcarts do thier thing and where to look in making SD Loading work?
idk what would make it new 3ds only in ds mode and dsi mode you only have access to arm 9 and 11 arm will not work with ds games

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheats ontop of Rom loading i only "Assume" would be so because of extra System Resources, (thinsg are a bit tight and constraigne don the O3DS, If that what Will happen ? No bloody clue.
and also you cannot use 3ds or new 3ds specs on ds games it uses arm 9 under clocked for ds games not arm 11

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cheats ontop of Rom loading i only "Assume" would be so because of extra System Resources, (thinsg are a bit tight and constraigne don the O3DS, If that what Will happen ? No bloody clue.
looking at ds emulator source code may help to since they load roms

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country

But we're talking about basically an interpreter, not an emulator here. In terms of power the o3DS is more than enough for that.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well the thing with flash cards i think when you load a game it loads the game onto a chip in the flash card hence why theirs a loading bar when you chose a game and the ds reads game from that like a real ds game idk how that would be done with the sd

ahezard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The new 3ds/old 3ds differences are out of topic. The dsi mode is identical on both and unlock additional resources respectively to the original ds that can be used for slot1 redirection (that needs to be done in software so it is true that there will be a performance cost).

Last edited by ahezard,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The new 3ds/old 3ds differences are out of topic. The dsi mode is identical on both and unlock additinal ressources respectively to the original ds that can be used for slot1 redirection (that needs to be done in software so it is true that there will be a performance cost).

Envoyé de mon KIW-L21 en utilisant Tapatalk
eh but using the dsi clock speeds may fix that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?