Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS ROM loading has possible since 2013. Not quite sure what you're on about.
What @leerz said.

If I am not mistaken, to load DS ROM, we have to trick the console to think SD card as a game card?

So far with 3DS, it's about sig patch so 3DS runs unsigned app.

So my question is if DS ROM loader is possible, can 3DS benefit the same (load game without installing as an app)? Or hypothetically we have bunch of threads moaning about how DS ROM can be launched without installing while 3DS can't!?

Imagine some people getting work up and tell the above poster to buy Sky3DS flashcart and stop moaning. Get the irony of this scenario?:evil:

Last edited by tivu100,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What @leerz said.

If I am not mistaken, to load DS ROM, we have to trick the console to think SD card as a game card?

So far with 3DS, it's about sig patch so 3DS runs unsigned app.

So my question is if DS ROM loader is possible, can 3DS do the same (load game without installing as an app).
Yes, you are correct. It's about redirecting Slot-1 calls to the SD card.
And, well, the DS isn't like the 3DS. Since the 3DS has an actual security system, you have to have unsigned code running on the arm9 to run pirated games.
Since running DS games from the SD card will require CFW (unsigned code running on the arm9 AKA an arm9 exploit) your argument is kind of invalid.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you are correct. It's about redirecting Slot-1 calls to the SD card.
And, well, the DS isn't like the 3DS. Since the 3DS has an actual security system, you have to have unsigned code running on the arm9 to run pirated games.
Since running DS games from the SD card will require CFW (unsigned code running on the arm9 AKA an arm9 exploit) your argument is kind of invalid.
I don't know all about this. My question is genuine from the simple unknowledgable point of view. Thanks for clarifying.

So is there a CFW being developed for DS(I) mode?

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Swiftloke

JuanmaHL

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know all about this. My question is genuine from the simple unknowledgable point of view. Thanks for clarifying.

So is there a CFW being developed for DS(I) mode?
You can see the github of ahezard and ApacheThunder, and NO. Maybe in a future, maybe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright