Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
ds mode screenshots would be cool

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ds i clock speeds are 133mhz which is faster then showen in the vid i don't have mkds but i tried it on pokemon and it does not make it go that fast whys that
How sure are you about that? I tried it and it didnt make the game so supersonic like in the video but i saw minor improvements in the game such as far less loading which was annoying before and most improtantly..the framerate. Normally. The battle screen is choppy and its prone to a slow framerate. But With the mod. It buffed right out making the game more playable than it ever was.

undergroundmonorail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eh why does ds craft not work with the homebrew launcher

SOFTWARE WRITTEN FOR THE DS IS HARDCODED TO LOAD ASSETS FROM THE CARD SLOT AND WON'T RUN FROM THE SD CARD UNLESS PATCHED

edit: i tried to put the clap emoji after each word but it was stripped out so it just looks like i'm yelling, sorry

D

Deleted User

Flashcarts patch the roms to load from the micro sd card in it so I think it's possible to patch roms to load from the sd (correct me if I'm wrong)

Hauskaninchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to write an unbricker for nds flashcarts using the stuff that's been figured out so far? Something like the flasher for dstt clones? i realize the point of all this work is to make flashcarts obsolete, but it might help people who don't have a spare cart to unbrick with.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would it be possible to write an unbricker for nds flashcarts using the stuff that's been figured out so far? Something like the flasher for dstt clones? i realize the point of all this work is to make flashcarts obsolete, but it might help people who don't have a spare cart to unbrick with.
@Apache Thunder alreally made a stage3 Launcher which could be used to unbrick cards.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to make sure. When hbmenu comes capable to run commercial roms. Does that mean that it would work on a DSi with Sudokuhax running hbmenu as "boot.nds"? Afaik all that hbmenu does doesn't have nothing to do with CTR itself, but yeah with TWL/NTR, right?

Hauskaninchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder alreally made a stage3 Launcher which could be used to unbrick cards.
Is the stage 3 launcher card-specific? I saw the three in the OP of the stage2 launcher thread, but none of them have worked so far. That's probably because the firmware on my cart is 100% screwed though, thanks to an update mishap. Sorry if this is thread derailing
R4I-SDHC-3DS-V5.0.jpg

ahezard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to make sure. When hbmenu comes capable to run commercial roms. Does that mean that it would work on a DSi with Sudokuhax running hbmenu as "boot.nds"? Afaik all that hbmenu does doesn't have nothing to do with CTR itself, but yeah with TWL/NTR, right?
SudokuHax is limited in the access it have so it impossible to implement for example the switch to ds mode (ARM7 special registers are locked). Maybe dsi enhanced game rom loading will be possible at some point but for original ds game, there is no way.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SudokuHax is limited in the access it have so it impossible to implement for example the switch to ds mode (ARM7 special registers are locked). Maybe dsi enhanced game rom loading will be possible at some point but for original ds game, there is no way.
Ohh, I see, at this point I think that DSi needs its own CFW in order to handheld hbmenu/nitrohax/ntr launcher [emoji14]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok