ROM Hack Dragon Ball Fusions Hacking Thread

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said progress faded away, again, I have no idea about programming so I don't know how that works, I just said that
the project is halted until @Psi-hate can figure it out. Everyone knows you're a busy man but you're coming off as condescending,
If you can help thats great if not then that's fine
@Helmax has been helping quite a bit, and he's not being condescending. The whole project doesn't revolve around me you know. :P

Anyway, we need anyone who is capable of any sort of C/C# programming language skills so we can get started on a the text dumper since we're limited in resources.

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a quick attempt at a first dump since @Zeriel called me condescending (I actually did it because I had some time).
It's not 100% accurate.

I recorded them in text files. Each one is numbered with a hex address where I found it in the JMSG, and the original has "//" in front of it.
And the other lines, i removed the Furigana.

Where can I upload it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ahh nevermind, I never saw that upload file button before :rofl2:

Again, it's not 100% accurate... there are a few blocks in there of jibberish text, but that is something I still need to figure out, as it is part of the actual file tables i think, not the dialog.
You can just ignore those for now.

Attachments

• dbfusion.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
Reactions: Zeriel

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a quick attempt at a first dump since @Zeriel called me condescending (I actually did it because I had some time).
It's not 100% accurate.

I recorded them in text files. Each one is numbered with a hex address where I found it in the JMSG, and the original has "//" in front of it.

Where can I upload it?

Again, it's not 100% accurate... there are a few blocks in there of jibberish text, but that is something I still need to figure out, as it is part of the actual file tables i think, not the dialog.
Holy crap that was amazing. I'll take a look as soon as I get home. Thank you!

Suwazo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I took a quick attempt at a first dump
That's awesome, thanks. Would be interested in seeing the source code. Only when you have the time, that is.
In the meantime going to search this for the essentials, for some reason searching for attack names doesn't show up. Don't know if this file gets passed the names from another file as parameters.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, we've gotten a near full dump of the text already? We're making progress really fast!
But how do the <6 markings highlight furigana, again?

Last edited by nobody231,

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not 100% accurate.

Where can I upload it?

***** Yea! Thanks for making me eat my words!!, this is enough, even tough there are a thousand lines of text with 0 context whatsoever I'm on top of this!
Also I will add annotations because someone needs to go trough them after they are translated and make sure the context and the text match. In Japanese
people drop the subject of the sentence and none of these are in order so it's impossible to know what context they are on.

This is not easy but if I manage 100 translations a day they could be done in 10 days!

Last edited by Zeriel,
Reactions: Psi-hate

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***** Yea! Thanks for making me eat my words!!, this is enough, even tough there are a thousand lines of text with 0 context whatsoever I'm on top of this!
Also I will add annotations because someone needs to go trough them after they are translated and make sure the context and the text match. In Japanese
people drop the subject of the sentence and none of these are in order so it's impossible to know what context they are on.

This is not easy but if I manage 100 translations a day they could be done in 10 days!
After that, we'd just have to re-encode the game. However... If there are missing text files, that would be a pain.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a motel now after 11 hours of driving. I'll get to work as soon as I can. Thanks everyone for your work!

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a motel now after 11 hours of driving. I'll get to work as soon as I can. Thanks everyone for your work!
Hey, don't push yourself. If you were driving for 11 hours, you should get some rest. Besides, after we got that massive text dump, I think translating would be quite a bit easier now for the rest of us.

I suppose I'll leave this guide to Japanese out for people who want to help with the translation: http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, don't push yourself. If you were driving for 11 hours, you should get some rest. Besides, after we got that massive text dump, I think translating would be quite a bit easier now for the rest of us.
I appreciate the concern, but I've been itching to help. I'll take it easy as I try to translate some. I think it'd be better to continue this convo in a Skype group or something. PM me your contact details and we'll continue the project :P

Either skype or discord is fine.

Reactions: Zeriel

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the concern, but I've been itching to help. I'll take it easy as I try to translate some. I think it'd be better to continue this convo in a Skype group or something. PM me your contact details and we'll continue the project :P

Either skype or discord is fine.
Discord is fine. I'm nobody231 there as well. In fact, almost anywhere, I'm nobody231.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
My Skype is M3gadriel, I don't have Discord yet, I need to make one, but I can have it set up by tomorrow.
It's taking all my concentration to translate tough xD I always imagined translating with knowledge of the scenes and characters speaking
but this way I have no idea who's talking or what context it's been said in, so I have to do my best not to make any mistakes

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Skype is M3gadriel, I don't have Discord yet, I need to make one, but I can have it set up by tomorrow.
It's taking all my concentration to translate tough xD I always imagined translating with knowledge of the scenes and characters speaking
but this way I have no idea who's talking or what context it's been said in, so I have to do my best not to make any mistakes
It just... sucks, doesn't it? Unless if someone's willing to play through the entire game and check it up against the .txt, we're going completely trial-and-error here. I doubt we can get Kanzenshuu to support us, seeing as most of the people there don't have homebrew, so we're on our own.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just... sucks, doesn't it? Unless if someone's willing to play through the entire game and check it up against the .txt, we're going completely trial-and-error here. I doubt we can get Kanzenshuu to support us, seeing as most of the people there don't have homebrew, so we're on our own.
Basically translate what you can, even if it's sloppy, and test it in game. If it is a mess, at least we would understand the context of what's happening to fix it.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically translate what you can, even if it's sloppy, and test it in game. If it is a mess, at least we would understand the context of what's happening to fix it.
And this means that I have to wipe my progress. Well, at least I have savedatafiler and tdvs.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this means that I have to wipe my progress. Well, at least I have savedatafiler and tdvs.
I think a better idea is to translate every word in real time. Play the game, and translate everything as you go. Thus you don't need to spend hours translating only to find everything terribly put together :P

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a better idea is to translate every word in real time. Play the game, and translate everything as you go. Thus you don't need to spend hours translating only to find everything terribly put together :P
Ah, that's smart! I should actually record the game, too, but I didn't get NTR to work. It keeps on giving me errors, which sucks, because I managed to get it to work on my O3DS.

EDIT: It says I have BootNTR 2.4, and that the current version (11.0) isn't supported. But I downloaded the N3DS beta tests! I wonder what's going on.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country

Don't worry! I'm going over every sentence like 3 times, I'm sure it won't be a mess, just a few context errors here and there that won't be hard to fix :)
One big issue is some sentences that don't specify past, present or future tense, and some don't specify who or what is the subject of the sentence, so we'll need to proof read anyway
but I promise it wont be a mess, I got this by the (Dragon) balls xD

Last edited by Zeriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...