ROM Hack Dragon Ball Fusions Hacking Thread

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
@Psi-hate
So it's confirmed it will take several months to get anything extracted?
I was really looking forward to help with this but if it really takes this long then it may be best just to wait for the American release... :(

Last edited by Zeriel,
Reactions: Psi-hate

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Psi-hate
I was really looking forward to help with this but if it really takes this long then it may be best just to wait for the American release... :(
Not a few months, it's just that translating unicode is extremely difficult and we'd need a tool to extract the text. I'm pretty sure we'll have a tool sometime in a few weeks depending on when we get started.

focusonme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Psi-hate
wtf it wasn't even announced that it will be released in america just be patient i am sure the guys will do an awesome job

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Um... we don't have progress anymore?
Helmax found a way to extract the text but he's too busy with other projects, Psi-Hate is trying his best to do it but
making the software to translate Unicode could take months

At least that's what I could gather for now

Last edited by Zeriel,

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helmax found a way to extract the text but he's too busy with other projects, Psi-Hate is trying his best to do it but
making the software to translate Unicode could take months

At least that's what I could gather for now
Crap. Where are the msg.jmsg files stored in the .jarc files? For that matter, which .jarc files hold the text?

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap. Where are the msg.jmsg files stored in the .jarc files? For that matter, which .jarc files hold the text?
I could translate the game but I have no knowledge of programming. You can read this thread or the private messages to try and figure it out.
It would be awesome even if you guys could extract a few paragraphs a day to get some momentum going but it seems to be more difficult than I thought...

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could translate the game but I have no knowledge of programming. You can read this thread or the private messages to try and figure it out.
It would be awesome even if you guys could extract a few paragraphs a day to get some momentum going but it seems to be more difficult than I thought...
Maybe they'll pop up later today? It seems that the people currently in charge of translations don't pop up at the same time as us.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe they'll pop up later today? It seems that the people currently in charge of translations don't pop up at the same time as us.
?? well no translation is not a problem since a lot of people could do it, is getting the txt dumped

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know where the files are, and yes, this will take a while.
Some (if not all) the text is located in "message.jmsg". Use OpenBMS to extract the .jarc files as "message.jmsg" is located in one of them. I'm not sure which one, but I'll check soon. Iirc you should be able to find it by mass extracting all the .jarc files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just want to know where the files are, and yes, this will take a while.
No worry, @Helmax says he may be able to start writing a tool up sometime this week, so until then, we need to research the game to find anything else that's useful until then.

Reactions: Zeriel

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Some (if not all) the text is located in "message.jmsg". Use OpenBMS to extract the .jarc files as "message.jmsg" is located in one of them. I'm not sure which one, but I'll check soon. Iirc you should be able to find it by mass extracting all the .jarc files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No worry, @Helmax says he may be able to start writing a tool up sometime this week, so until then, we need to research the game to find anything else that's useful until then.

That's awesome, well since there's not much I can do for now, I'll just play the game to get familiar with the plot and terms so it's easier to translate.
I'll also study more vocabulary and grammar

I'll keep an eye on the thread, good luck!

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already laid out what needs done, and I just don't have the time to do it at the moment. I'm not sure why you think progress started and then faded away.
I started investigating the JMSG file format and stopped for now, and documented it all earlier in this thread.

It's like any number of other 3DS games, so anyone who has done any script hacking thus far should be alright getting through it.
/pac.system.jarc -> message.jmsg (i think its message anyways, its the ONLY jmsg file)

That appears to be where all the screen displayed text is.

And for the 100th time, its just a bunch of Pointers offset by 4 bytes, and Unicode sentences terminated with a null (00).
If someone else could do this before me, that would be wonderful since I am busy at the moment.

Reactions: Psi-hate

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I already laid out what needs done, and I just don't have the time to do it at the moment. I'm not sure why you think progress started and then faded away.
I started investigating the JMSG file format and stopped for now, and documented it all earlier in this thread.

It's like any number of other 3DS games, so anyone who has done any script hacking thus far should be alright getting through it.
/pac.system.jarc -> message.jmsg (i think its message anyways, its the ONLY jmsg file)

That appears to be where all the screen displayed text is.

And for the 100th time, its just a bunch of Pointers offset by 4 bytes, and Unicode sentences terminated with a null (00).
If someone else could do this before me, that would be wonderful since I am busy at the moment.

Last edited by Zeriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head