Homebrew Does Smash Bros. work with Luma3DS's LayeredFS?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried that the code.bin will break LayeredFS for games such as Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Also, never mind on that romfs folder structure. It has been rendered useless due to the above post.
The code.bin for Smash only goes to Smash, not for any other game. You are too paraoid. Any hacks you do for one game WILL NOT affect any other game. If you're that paranoid, don't load any hacks for any game.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I'm worried that the code.bin will break LayeredFS for games such as Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Also, never mind on that romfs folder structure. It has been rendered useless due to the above post.
It won't.

It is only applied to the smash, there for leaving the rest of your apps out of question. It also helps do things the CIA can't if you still wanted to go down that route.

e.g.
  • Add new files (more costume slots)
  • reduces lag when entering areas (such as CSS)
  • actually allows you to play onliene

Reactions: Deleted User

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
The code.bin for Smash only goes to Smash, not for any other game. You are too paraoid. Any hacks you do for one game WILL NOT affect any other game. If you're that paranoid, don't load any hacks for any game.

It won't.

It is only applied to the smash, there for leaving the rest of your apps out of question. It also helps do things the CIA can't if you still wanted to go down that route.

e.g.
  • Add new files (more costume slots)
  • reduces lag when entering areas (such as CSS)
  • actually allows you to play onliene
Okay. How would I go about acquiring said code.bin?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just use fbi installer to get the title id, just put the game in and go to title list, and find the game, it list all title id, of everything on the system, including NAND NDSI Ware, SDCARD and Game cart. :mellow:

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
You can just use fbi installer to get the title id, just put the game in and go to title list, and find the game, it list all title id, of everything on the system, including NAND NDSI Ware, SDCARD and Game cart. :mellow:
We already worked this out. I just need the code.bin for SaltySD. I don't see how I would get it because there are no releases whatsoever on the GitHub page.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Extract the game contents.
Uh, I meant for SaltySD.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already worked this out. I just need the code.bin for SaltySD. I don't see how I would get it because there are no releases whatsoever on the GitHub page.

Uh, I meant for SaltySD.
Extract the game contents. code.bin is in the game contents. code.bin is against the rules to share, that's why we can't just give it out to share.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Extract the game contents. code.bin is in the game contents. code.bin is against the rules to share, that's why we can't just give it out to share.
With Decrypt9? Ok. Do I need to modify it or what?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Decrypt9? Ok. Do I need to modify it or what?
Use D9 to obtain Smash as a CIA, then use your computer to extract the contents of the CIA. code.bin is located in the exefs. You will need to patch the code.bin to use it with SaltySD. Instructions can be found on the SaltySD GitHub.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Use D9 to obtain Smash as a CIA, then use your computer to extract the contents of the CIA. code.bin is located in the exefs. You will need to patch the code.bin to use it with SaltySD. Instructions can be found on the SaltySD GitHub.
There's an option in D9 that dumps the game to files to be used with modding. Can I just use that? IDK how I would manage to extract the CIA contents.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option in D9 that dumps the game to files to be used with modding. Can I just use that? IDK how I would manage to extract the CIA contents.
What option is that? Find Asia81's guide in the ROM Hacking section on extracting .3ds, .cxi, and .cia files.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
What option is that? Find Asia81's guide in the ROM Hacking section on extracting .3ds, .cxi, and .cia files.
My bad, I was thinking of Hourglass9.
Anyways, the option is:
Hourglass9>Gamecart Dumper>Dump Cart (full)
or Dump and Decrypt Cart (full) for Game Cards
For downloaded titles I can't seem to find the function. There IS a SysNAND title to CIA function and an EmuNAND title to CIA function.
Hourglass9>Miscellaneous>SysNAND title to CIA
or EmuNAND title to CIA

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, I was thinking of Hourglass9.
Anyways, the option is:
Hourglass9>Gamecart Dumper>Dump Cart (full)
or Dump and Decrypt Cart (full) for Game Cards
For downloaded titles I can't seem to find the function. There IS a SysNAND title to CIA function and an EmuNAND title to CIA function.
Hourglass9>Miscellaneous>SysNAND title to CIA
or EmuNAND title to CIA
Use D9 instead. Content -> Decryptor Options -> CIA Builder Options -> CIA Builder (SysNAND decr.). Or EmuNAND decr. if you have the title installed to an emuNAND (for whatever reason).

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Use D9 instead. Content -> Decryptor Options -> CIA Builder Options -> CIA Builder (SysNAND decr.). Or EmuNAND decr. if you have the title installed to an emuNAND (for whatever reason).
I don't have Decrypt9WIP or an EmuNAND. Hourglass9 has a CIA dumping option. I think it also has a decrypting option for CIAs. Can't I just use that?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have Decrypt9WIP or an EmuNAND. Hourglass9 has a CIA dumping option. I think it also has a decrypting option for CIAs. Can't I just use that?
You probably could, but I have no experience with dumping things (other than NAND backups with H9, and as such, you won't receive help from me. Try using Dump Cart to CIA in H9.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
You probably could, but I have no experience with dumping things (other than NAND backups with H9, and as such, you won't receive help from me. Try using Dump Cart to CIA in H9.
Ok. I will try later. I just need to know where to put the mod files.

And the code.bin.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I will try later. I just need to know where to put the mod files.

And the code.bin.
code.bin goes in SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID/.

mod files for SaltySD go in SD:/saltysd/smash. You need to follow the romfs folder structure otherwise it won't work, just like you did with replacing ACNL's music.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
code.bin goes in SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID/.

mod files for SaltySD go in SD:/saltysd/smash. You need to follow the romfs folder structure otherwise it won't work, just like you did with replacing ACNL's music.
Noted.

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to do more than copy the folder structure of romfs. Romfs doesn't mean anything with regards to smash modding because the entire game is packed into 1 large archive. So for LayeredFS it can ONLY replace THAT file. SaltySD is a patch to the actual game code that makes it load the game files EXTRACTED from the DT archive. You need to follow the folder structure of the EXTRACTED dt archive. Use my DTLS or ShinyQuagsire's modified script on his github to see the structure, and copy that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...