Gaming Does anyone use the 3D on the 3ds?

Do you use 3D Function

• Total voters

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hardly ever use it at all, the old remakes I will if I play them, and I found on nano assault you can't see the enemies shots correctly unless you turn on the 3d. But other than that no lol it makes my eyes bug out

Reactions: WeedZ

Lemon_

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
From time to time I like to try the 3D mode in some games to see if it makes a difference. I've yet to try it on a (new) console for that sweet stability.

Ussually the screen gets some dust and somehow the 3D makes it more notorious than playing in 2D.

So far I only like the 3D effect in SSB4's photo mode, and in Animal Crossing New Leaf. Picross 3D Round 2 is nice too.
Also OoT3D feels weird to me. It looks like the render images are just scrolled horizontally rather than, say, ACNL where the camera pans a little and has a slight curvature that really shows how the character models and buildings are.

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I use the 3d wherever I can, I don't use during sunlight, only at night or at home, as long as doesn't affect the framerate, I'm ok with that, Kirby planet robobot with the 3d on the framerate normally goes below 40, unplayable in that state, I guess that's the thing you have to handle if you have the weakest iteration of the system

Last edited by DrkBeam,

donut32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I turn it on occasionally to see how things look but turn it off almost straight away and keep playing without. I think I'll get one of the New 2DS's.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's personal preference. Some people call it a gimmick, I've personally enjoyed it since 2011 and still do and will continue to do so in the future. I love the feature.

Last edited by isoboy,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm one of the few people who get ill after looking at the 3D for a little while. It's not pleasant, but I've known this since I've played the original Aqua 3DS at Fan Expo as a demo. The game was Star Fox 64 3D and I didn't last out the boss before I got queasy.

The New 3DS is slightly better...but I only use it in games that require it (eg. Kirby Planet Robobot and LoZ: A Link Between Worlds).

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of the few people who get ill after looking at the 3D for a little while. It's not pleasant, but I've known this since I've played the original Aqua 3DS at Fan Expo as a demo. The game was Star Fox 64 3D and I didn't last out the boss before I got queasy.

The New 3DS is slightly better...but I only use it in games that require it (eg. Kirby Planet Robobot and LoZ: A Link Between Worlds).
Is it still bad if you play it at a lower depth level?

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOT was an early title and it's got that weird unpolished 3d implementation where if it was released today I honestly think the maximum depth would be set at half of what it is today.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes. That's what I did in.... 2011? That and Rayman 3d are the only two games that have given me eyestrain but I learned to adjust to OOT after a while. It's still poorly implemented and I can feel it when I play but I can play without problems. It's a bit strange. But yes, when I first started I had to adjust to 50% depth first then I cranked it up to 100 after a couple of dungeons. I haven't felt any effect from any other 3d game since.

newyorkampharos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i got my 3ds, thought THIS WILL BE AMAZING! never used it again after calibrating it. except when the slider is accidentally on.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since theres so many noobs out there I read this as "Anyone know how to enable 3D on 3DS?"
Yea, sure. Blame the noobs. Lol

Well yes. That's what I did in.... 2011? That and Rayman 3d are the only two games that have given me eyestrain but I learned to adjust to OOT after a while. It's still poorly implemented and I can feel it when I play but I can play without problems. It's a bit strange. But yes, when I first started I had to adjust to 50% depth first then I cranked it up to 100 after a couple of dungeons. I haven't felt any effect from any other 3d game since.
Personally I prefer the air think the 3d looks good in OoT. That's me, though.

Reactions: HugaTheFox
D

Deleted User

On the O3DS no because you need to hold the system in such a specific position to get the 3D effect to work.

On the N3DS always.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY