Do you own a Wii U?

• Total voters

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game pad is great, but it's underused. It also creates an issue with multiplayer, since there's only 1 (and supposedly sometime someday maybe 2) gamepad(s). If there were more games that used the system to it's potential, but for now the pad kinda feels unnecessary. Nice, but unnecessary. Both of the Mario titles are fantastic and look great even if only at 720p. Nintendo really kills it at that res and keeps up at 60fps on their first party games, so they look stunning when the U automatically upscales them to 1080p. Browsing the internet with the pad/TV is an awesome experience as well.

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up a Wii U at launch, but only played a few games so far

New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U
Rayman Legends
Super Mario 3D World
Wonderful 101 (wasn't for me)

Will definitely get DK, MK and Smash Bros. Bayonetta and Watch Dogs I will probably play, but it depends on the reviews. I realized during the Wii era that I mostly enjoyed first party Nintendo games enough to finish so this is my only next gen console (+3DS). I still have a huge backlog of GC, Wii and PS3 games to go through.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I own one and pretty much the only wii-u game i still play on it (after completing) is Zombiu, I never tire of how fun that game is. I mostly just use my one to play wii games like mario kart and smash bros. Pretty disappointed after the nintendo direct, no anounced date on smash bros and 3 months to wait before mario kart and still no god damn details on X.

Games i own on my wii-u just for the sake of comparison to anyone who cares:
- Batman arkham city: armoured adition (Great game)
- Assassins creed 3 and 4 (Both fun)
- Rayman legends
- Deus ex: Human revelation (Great game)
- Nintendoland
- Need for speed: most wanted remake (which is the worst game i have ever played in my life)
- Warriors orochi 3: hyper (Great game)
- Zombiu (Fantastic game)

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii U 17 retail games, and a few downloaded.
will for sure be getting the new donkey kong, smash bros and mario kart. possibly more if anything else decent comes out.
three of my brothers also have wii u's.
for what it's worth i also have a ps3 and xbox360 and will probably get a ps4 and xboxone if they ever get any exclusive titles that interest me.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one at launch have 4 retail games, 7 downloaded games. I really like the gamepad for off tv play but most of all i can have my favorite usb loaders(wiiflow,usb loader gx)on vwii.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah that's right, someone said that only 10 to 15 people on this forum owns a Wii U console.
I'd like to know if he's right, so I created a poll.
You could have saved the trouble. He keeps saying nobody likes the gamepad, but when I put out a poll about it that in no way verifies that claim, he just goes silent for a while. And after that, he goes to say the same freaking thing in other topics.

Anyway...yes, I have one. No, it's not softmodded (thus far, it can't do much that I can't do with my wii already, so haven't bothered). As for my game list:

nintendoland (came with the package)
Zombiu (awesome game)
NWMBSU...pretty neat, but nothing revolutionary.
Batman: Arkham city (missed the original release. 't Is pretty good)
Little inferno (it doesn't have any lasting appeal, but you can't deny that just burning stuff has its moments)
Sonic: all stars racing (awesome racer)
Trine 2 (more than decent platformer. There should be more of these kinds of games, though :( ).
F-zero and Metroid (worth the 30 cents...wouldn't have bought it otherwise)
Toki Tori 2 (meh...certainly not as good as the first one)
Assassin's creed 3 (meh...it's my first AC game and apparently not as good, but I doubt the others are that much better)
Rayman legends (awesome game, but I don't regret buying it second hand)
Wii fit u (it's pretty good. Not "go out and buy a wii fit bundle" good, but if you have one, the 25 bucks for the meter is a good price)
Runner 2: legend of rhythm alien (GREAT rhythm/running game :) )
Edge (minimalistic but retardedly addictive platformer)
Toki Tori (cute puzzle platformer)

Iluyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I Do, (for Wind Waker HD) And i dont regret it, It only feels lame that i am currently just waiting for the new Super Smash Bros to be released, since i finished WW, i havent touched my Wii U much anymore.....

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors
Super Smash Bros. 4
Mario Kart 8
Xenoblade 2
Bayonetta 2

These are the games I most want to own this year but out of them all, Bayonetta 2 is the number one that it's a must for me.

P.S: I'm undecided whether to buy Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze or not later because the gameplay while looks fun I'm sceptical so Nintendo release a demo and let people try it out.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, sadly yes I bought one at launch.

Waiting for the console was more fun then playing all the games. Oh, which games you ask? There were indeed a few:

- Mario 3D Land
- Super Mario Bros. Wii U
- Tekken Tag Tournament
- Trine 2: Director's Cut

..that's it. Yeah, really. Mario Bros. was nice, Mario 3D didn't get me, Tekken was okay for 30 minutes (and that was the last Tekken for me) und Trine was actually the best of all the games because it did something new.

I'm waiting for..

- Bayonetta 2 (!)
- Super Smash Bros. (?)

..if I would not love Bayonetta that much, this console would be sold in a second. :sleep:

In Mario Kart 8 and Smash you can cleary see that Nintendo is out of franchises to get characters from.

" SPOILER AHEAD
Mario Kart 8: The koopas .. seriously?
Smash: Little Mac .. what the..?
" SPOILER END

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup, and I own lots of games (18) + Nano assault & art academy.
I really enjoy it.
Not a lot of games all together but, what's available is mostly top notch.

Blown away by the graphics of last level of Lego City ( heading back to earth ) and Lego Marvel.

Worst games on my stack are Sonic & Allstars racing ( bugged and annoying voice overacting ), COD BLOPS2 ( american war propaganda game, shallow gameplay ), Assasin's Creed 3 ( HORRIBLE Campain story and missions ), NFS Most Wanted ( to much freedom, no real goal to aim for, no fun to play despite the great visuals ), Mass effect 3 ( Awkward camera, does not play like a game but more like a interactive SF movie, a bad one overdramatic acting.

I've got my games as cheap as possible, mostly internet buys.
If you look hard enough you can find them at a very nice price.

PANO_20140227_094433.jpg

http://www.nanoassaultgame.com/neo
/
PS I have a whit Wii with a sandisk cruzer 8GB usb stick to complement gamesaves and updates
I saved me 120 € when i bought my Wiiu ( instead of the black Wiiu ) the usb stick cost me € 5...
I have not yet needed more memory for all those games, be smart ( who needs a black Wiiu anyway? )

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.