Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
OP
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Yeah that's right, someone said that only 10 to 15 people on this forum owns a Wii U console.
I'd like to know if he's right, so I created a poll.

I bought one a few weeks after launch. I bought the new 2d super mario u, new sonic and zelda ww hd. i was very sad that sonic was such a bad and cluttered game.
I'll get new Donkey Kong and Super Mario 3D World once I have money. Looking forwards to X.

I gave my old wii to my big brother cuz it's dvd drive stopped working and i've still got the gamecube. also the wii u plays wii games, so my old wii games can still be played if and when I'd like to.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do own one, but only because to simplify my home theater wiring. I use to to play Wii game 99% of the time. While there are few Wii U titles out there I'd like to play, I already have tons of game on my backlog for Wii and PS3. I may start to pick up some Wii U games when their price starts to go down.

Reactions: Elrinth

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought one when they first came out. Not that I would (normally) recommend doing that for any console, but I collect them, so (even if there are very few games on a console) it's never useless to me.

Reactions: Elrinth

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.
Yes i do.

And while i don´t play that much on it, the games i bought i´ve played like crazy.

Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D
Lego Universe
New Super Mario Bros WiiU

Well, i didn´t play Assassin´s Creed 3 that much... Mostly because the game is horrible.

And i will buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8(?) Super Smash Bros U this year, and ofcourse Watch Dogs.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a Wii U last year. First I didn't play with it that often. LEGO City Undercover, NSMBU, NSLU and SM3DW all only lasted a few days.

But about two weeks ago I decided to softmod the vWii, get a few emulators and Devolution on it and buy a MaxPlay to put the console into my car when going on longer trips. Since then I play with it more often than with every other console or handheld I own. :D

Maybe because I can now play most of my favourite NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube titles on it. But hey. It's quite a nice emulator machine. That might kill the time until more great Wii U games will be released.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, but a few friends have a WiiU. Enough for me, since the console lacks an interesting library for me. I would consider getting one to rid myself of my Wii and switching to HDMI for the Wii games too. Otherwise, I'll just do like I did with the Wii: get one for a small amount of money new on a sale after there are enough games for me to consider getting one myself.

Otherwise I'll keep on the PS3/PS4/PSVita because of PS+ and potential for games I'm interested in. Also only one of my friends has a PS4 at the moment.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Voted no.
Unless they release a GOOD Metroid game or a GOOD Zelda game I'm not even touching that console.

JiggyEyeJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have a day one Wii U with a couple of Games: Sonic ART, NSMBU, NSLU, Zelda WW HD, Lego City Undercover, ZombiU, SM3DW and a few eshop games. For Wii and GC-Games I use still my softmodded day one Wii.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's right, someone said that only 10 to 15 people on this forum owns a Wii U console.
What idiot told you that?

Edit: Also, games I own:
  • Nintendo Land
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Nano Assault Neo
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Puddle
  • Rayman Legends
  • A ton of VC games

Reactions: Deeko

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have one, with:
- Nintendoland
- New Super Mario Bros U
- New Super Luigi U
- Batman: Arkham City
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- Super Mario 3D World
- TLoZ: Wind Waker
- ZombiU (Download)

I'm satisfied with it. Enough games for me so far considereing I've got many Wii games to play, as well as my Steam library (231 games O_O ).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, got a slightly used Deluxe model complete with Nintendoland and a bonus wiimote with motion control built in, Gamepad had no scratches or marks, all for $200 at a local pawn shop. Was far too good a deal to pass up.

In addition to Nintendo Land, I have: Wind Waker HD, ZombiU, Super Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World, and NES Remix.

For what I've paid for the console, I am very very happy with the console. This year looks very promising in terms of games coming out too. So if you're wondering if I regret my purchase, Hell no. This console doesn't get the love and attention it deserves, but hey, I'll let those that haven't put in more than 10 minutes or more into the thing live in their ignorant world if thats what they wish to do.

Reactions: matt1tude

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
TIL I'm on at least one person's ignore list. Yay me!

Also, everybody taking that number so seriously: only Nintendo fans.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
yes i got a release day WiiU Deluxe,

Nintendoland
COD:BO2
COD:Ghosts
NSMB 2
NSLB
Tekken
Skylander Swap Force
Mario 3D land
Bit Runner 2
Toki Tori 2
Tank Tank Tank
Giana Sisters
The Cave
Lego City
Edge
Mighty Swap Force
Spot the Difference
Rayman Legends
Art Academy
Zen Pinball
Trine 2
Neo Assault

Plus half a dozen VC titles.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a deluxe one since Launch, Most people know by now im not particularly happy toward it, but im hoping that changes soon.
Own:
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario bros U
Scribblenauts Unlimited
ZombiU
COD: BLOPS2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New super Luigi U
Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Sonic Lost world

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Why would I want to buy a console with no weeaboo gaems.

Hey, that's not fair. There's totally... well, there's, uh... damn, you're right.

Anyway, between myself and the kids, our launch day deluxe Wii U has:
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Darksiders II
  • Nintendoland
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Rayman Legends
  • Skylanders Giants
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • Wii Party U
  • Wii Fit U
  • Duck Tales Remastered
  • Several VC games (still haven't transferred all the ones I have on my Wii)
There's still a few games I want to buy too, but we've got enough to be going on with for the time being.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had one since Christmas 2012, was given to me and the wife as a gift, but seeing as we are listing our collections...

New Super Mario Bros U
Nintendo Land
Zombi U
Super Luigi U
Duck Tales Remastered
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3d World
Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Little Inferno
Lego City Undercover
NES Remix
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: