Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
megahunter said:
boekeboekeboeh said:
alphajaehoon said:
Hearing those jam sessions and all the music you guys send I felt like jamming too lol
nyanya.gif

Here I used my guitar and korg-ds10 plus

http://www.uploadmusic.org/musicplayer.swf...p;autoplay=true
(Runtime 1:34 or so)

It's nothing special, so I didn't upload it to youtube
nyanya.gif

Did you really use korg-ds10 plus, niceXD but how did you record it so well?

QUOTE(megahunter @ Oct 23 2010, 11:50 PM) here is 1 full song and 2 small demos of my music

I find this very beautiful! not to critisize you, but I think the chords are rather simple. which suits this song pretty well I must admit, but be aware it can make a song sound a little shallow, in my opinion. The solo around 2:39 sounds very good and you can hear a lot of emotion

yeah, simple chords can make a song sound shallow, but when i wrote the song i found that the chords were more fitting being simple than having too much color in them so to speak, and it's nice to hear you could feel the emotion in it
smile.gif

yeah that's why I said i thought it suits this song well, but I just wanted to know if you deliberatly decided to use simple chords, if not make you aware of that fact. so don't take it as some sort of critic
smile.gif

and btw it's good to see there are a lot of musicians here!
biggrin.gif

Do any of you plan to involve music in your studies or your work?

megahunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boekeboekeboeh said:
megahunter said:
boekeboekeboeh said:
alphajaehoon said:
Hearing those jam sessions and all the music you guys send I felt like jamming too lol
nyanya.gif

nyanya.gif

QUOTE(megahunter @ Oct 23 2010, 11:50 PM) here is 1 full song and 2 small demos of my music

I find this very beautiful! not to critisize you, but I think the chords are rather simple. which suits this song pretty well I must admit, but be aware it can make a song sound a little shallow, in my opinion. The solo around 2:39 sounds very good and you can hear a lot of emotion

yeah, simple chords can make a song sound shallow, but when i wrote the song i found that the chords were more fitting being simple than having too much color in them so to speak, and it's nice to hear you could feel the emotion in it
smile.gif

yeah that's why I said i thought it suits this song well, but I just wanted to know if you deliberatly decided to use simple chords, if not make you aware of that fact. so don't take it as some sort of critic
smile.gif

I don't take it as any critic
smile.gif
just happy you found the song beautiful
smile.gif
i always try to put a kind of emotion in my songs when i write them

megahunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boekeboekeboeh said:
btw it's good to see there are a lot of musicians here!
biggrin.gif

i go to a music school, and i aim for having music as a work in the future

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
boekeboekeboeh said:
megahunter said:
boekeboekeboeh said:
alphajaehoon said:
nyanya.gif

nyanya.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

and btw it's good to see there are a lot of musicians here!
biggrin.gif

Well I wanna do something with it yeah!!
biggrin.gif

and oh look what I found, old song when I just got my Roland GR-20 and I also had a very bad guitar amp xD the distortion sounds like garbage, sorry about that.

p.s. I am known for my sudden change in music during 1 song xD (personally I like the 1st part and last part I believe its part 4 or 5 i don't remember, but it sounds like an RPG song.. It has an Organ plus fret-less bass)

EDIT: Oh yeah the drum that you hear is also my guitar lol
ninja.gif

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boekeboekeboeh said:
biggrin.gif

Sort of. Rock band 3 is releasing that midi squire guitar (not talking about the crappy plastic one). I am planning on writing a program for the PC that charts the notes as you play it. Auto-tabbing for the win. Too bad they're using a SQUIRE, though. Its going to be painful going from my paul to a sub-fender.

boekeboekeboeh, you said you do the arrangements for your band? What instrument do you play in it, keys?

megahunter, great job on Plutt! I hear some slash/guns n roses in your solo style.

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
creffca said:
boekeboekeboeh said:
biggrin.gif

Sort of. Rock band 3 is releasing that midi squire guitar (not talking about the crappy plastic one). I am planning on writing a program for the PC that charts the notes as you play it. Auto-tabbing for the win. Too bad they're using a SQUIRE, though. Its going to be painful going from my paul to a sub-fender.

boekeboekeboeh, you said you do the arrangements for your band? What instrument do you play in it, keys?

megahunter, great job on Plutt! I hear some slash/guns n roses in your solo style.

hmm yes I play the keys in my band. that's mostly how I start off playing chords and a melody on my piano after that the rest soon follows on the computer
tongue.gif

btw midi guitars can already be used as normal midi instruments, just like a midi keyboard in programs like fruity loops, nuendo and logic! or maybe I'm not understanding what your saying
rolleyes.gif
it's late here, so I have an excuse
tongue.gif

alphajaehoon, the first sounds pretty spooky, it would fit some kind of horror theme. I like the middle part to up till the end, very different compared to the others things you let us hear!

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boekeboekeboeh said:
btw midi guitars can already be used as normal midi instruments, just like a midi keyboard in programs like fruity loops, nuendo and logic! or maybe I'm not understanding what your saying
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Yes of course. The rock band 3 guitar is supposed to have midi neck tracking as well, not just note tracking like a standard midi pickup. I plan to write a program that reads the midi output, and tab out the notes/frets as you play. This is mainly for eliminating the need to manually write down riffs. I'm sure there are already things like this, but it sounds like a fun project to work on and I get a rock band 3 controller out of it anyhow.

I can't read standard music, so fl and such don't help if they only record the note, I need the neck position.

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
creffca said:
boekeboekeboeh said:
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Yes of course. The rock band 3 guitar is supposed to have midi neck tracking as well, not just note tracking like a standard midi pickup. I plan to write a program that reads the midi output, and tab out the notes/frets as you play. This is mainly for eliminating the need to manually write down riffs. I'm sure there are already things like this, but it sounds like a fun project to work on and I get a rock band 3 controller out of it anyhow.

I can't read standard music, so fl and such don't help if they only record the note, I need the neck position.

aaah ok I get it now! hmm maybe you can check out guitar pro, it has a simple input future and shows you a guitar neck!

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
boekeboekeboeh said:
alphajaehoon, the first sounds pretty spooky, it would fit some kind of horror theme. I like the middle part to up till the end, very different compared to the others things you let us hear!

Hah Yeah that can be ^^ I made that song when I was a bit angry so maybe that's why hah
shy.gif

I usually make lots of different kinds of music

This one is kinda hard too, I just felth like it, OH I've found also an Ambient one xD sec need to upload it to youtube, its kinda relaxing and good in my opinion, to have on the background or something (not this one lol, the one that i am going to post in a few secs, just to be clear
laugh.gif
)

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here it is
moogle.gif
Totally different then the one above me.
Its very relaxing if I say so myself (#^^) I was in such a peacefull calm mood, my cat sleeping next to me while I play and stuff like that U know .. one of those happy days
nyanya.gif

The Song is a whopping 8.09 minutes lol
laugh.gif

EDIT:Btw I tried in this song, to slowly enter a dark mood, but it sneaks in at the last part, so most of it is neutral/calm
biggrin.gif
)

EDIT EDIT: You know.. its funny that I wrote this song... for myself xD.. as a bed time song to help me sleep better lol, and it worked hah
yay.gif

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
alphajaehoon said:
Feels Good Man said:
Nope but my brother does (and his group of friends). Here's one:

They might get signed soon according to my brother.

Wowowow That is REALLY good!!
ohmy.gif
Tell that to your brother for me kay?
yay.gif

whoa that song of you alphajaehoon sounds so relaxing, that's a very good piece of music. in some way very serene.

FeelsGoodMan

that's a well mixed song with a good sound, but your brother should watch out getting signed, labels etc. just want to make money off you. as long as a band can handle everything theirselves they should it saves money
tongue.gif

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst i may not make music... I play it.

Im a dj at a radio station here in the uk

Snyaradio.co.uk

megahunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
creffca said:
boekeboekeboeh said:
biggrin.gif

fun to hear you could hear som slash in the song ^^ since he's one of my influences in music
biggrin.gif
but i take mostly influences from Joe Satriani

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
boekeboekeboeh said:
Hielkenator said:
Hmm, I've just recorded a Little jam an hour ago...

It's a little bit harder thean the stuff i've heard here
It's just an idea notning special. It's for the headbanngers I think..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13773490/nieuw_Master.mp3

Anyways enjoy ( if you can )

hmmm the music reminds me off the dynasty warriors series, if you never listened to that you should look it up!

It sounds pretty cool although it isn't that well recorded(which is understandable because it's just a jam XD)

you're from the netherlands too right? where do you live and do you preform live?

Yes I'm from The Netherlands!
I'm from Friesland.
I used to perform live with the band I was in.
But it's been a long time I've played guitar.
I just recently bought a New Floor processor.
It came with Cakewalk ( wich I used to record )

As for the recording, I have no cleu what i'm doing in cakewalk.
I know how to record and use the drum plugins, but that's it.
As far as the music goes, it's just a riff I came up with while recording/ testing.
But I like de second part. ( good for singing over ) fat chunky distorted guitar.

Anyway, I've been fiddeling around with the concept and made a new recording.
please be gentle, Iknow it can be far better.( skip the last part when the bass and drum a going on, lol )

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13773490/nieuw4%28320Kbps%29.mp3

EDIT: yes , it sounds somewhat like de dynasty series...Never heard of the game though.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    Some temporary storage
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some temporary storage