Do you believe in climate change/global warming?

Do you think Trump pulling out of the Paris climate change deal was a bad thing?

• Total voters

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you afraid of global warming? Here is what you can do to solve it:

- Don't drive a car
- Use public transport
- Live in a low-energy flat built in the last decade. One room per person. Got 3 rooms? You need two more people to live with you
- Invest thousands of dollars into solar energy
- Don't use energy to heat your house at all. If you feel cold, go trim a sheep. We genetically modified them for a reason
- Don't buy bottled water. Your tap water tastes like ass? Too bad
- Don't eat anything that came to your doorstep by a truck
- Limit your energy consumptions
- Don't take a bath. Shower instead. No more than 5 minutes per day
- Don't buy anything made with non-recycled items. Bonus points if you avoid plastic altogether
- Don't buy meds. Ever
- Recycle everything
- Switch to digital data
- Don't have more than two offspring
- If you are bored, go play in a grass field or something. But don't play on the grass field to avoid hurting mother nature's creation
- Have two pairs of clothes: one for the house, one for when you are outside
- Don't use mobile phones. Use public phones
- Don't own a laptop. Or build one yourself from scrap material. For internet, use an internet cafe

I will listen to anybody who lives like this and complains about global warming. I honestly will. Other than them, I can't help but feel that anybody else is an hypocrite. Sure, I don't drive an SUV and I actually do many of the stuff I listed above, but it still won't be enough. Hell, in some cases, the points above will crush the economy.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In my book, anything that deals with where humanity and every thing that exists came from is religion and should stay in its own realm of opinion. Just because the word "science" is slapped on something doesn't mean it's fact.
Religion is one of the closest thing to pure bs you can get xD

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my book, anything that deals with where humanity and every thing that exists came from is religion and should stay in its own realm of opinion. Just because the word "science" is slapped on something doesn't mean it's fact.
I don't think you understand what science is.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i wasn't dropped on my head as a baby so I do believe in climate change and at the least part of it being manmade. (actually animal made, getting rid of beef and its industry would probably be more than enough for the time being)

i also believe in desertification due to sucking dry groundwater to critical levels in part of the us, beaches running out of sand because we have to create manmade islands in the ocean, the seas and its inhabitants being poisoned by our waste and occasional oil spills.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted-355425

yeahsciencebitch.PNG

Reactions: kehkou and Alkéryn

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, climate change is real and caused by humans, but I don't feel entitled to say what USA should do about it.

I don't see this option!

probably because its among the dumbest opinions anyone could possible have about it.

the climate is a global thing so the global populance has to have a say in this.
the us feeling it can just pull out of it, thats whats entitled

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He might mix up science and what crap is science journalism now a day and even then he is far from understanding what science is
Journalism covering science can be down-right dreadful. Whether it be the writer wildly extrapolating based on an experiment they clearly don't really understand, or an Editor who writes up a click-baity headline that is flat out wrong extrapolated based on their inability to understand the subject.

Last edited by grossaffe,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you afraid of global warming? Here is what you can do to solve it:

- Don't drive a car
- Use public transport
- Live in a low-energy flat built in the last decade. One room per person. Got 3 rooms? You need two more people to live with you
- Invest thousands of dollars into solar energy
- Don't use energy to heat your house at all. If you feel cold, go trim a sheep. We genetically modified them for a reason
- Don't buy bottled water. Your tap water tastes like ass? Too bad
- Don't eat anything that came to your doorstep by a truck
- Limit your energy consumptions
- Don't take a bath. Shower instead. No more than 5 minutes per day
- Don't buy anything made with non-recycled items. Bonus points if you avoid plastic altogether
- Don't buy meds. Ever
- Recycle everything
- Switch to digital data
- Don't have more than two offspring
- If you are bored, go play in a grass field or something. But don't play on the grass field to avoid hurting mother nature's creation
- Have two pairs of clothes: one for the house, one for when you are outside
- Don't use mobile phones. Use public phones
- Don't own a laptop. Or build one yourself from scrap material. For internet, use an internet cafe

I will listen to anybody who lives like this and complains about global warming. I honestly will. Other than them, I can't help but feel that anybody else is an hypocrite. Sure, I don't drive an SUV and I actually do many of the stuff I listed above, but it still won't be enough. Hell, in some cases, the points above will crush the economy.

yeah it wont be enough as long as the industry gets exempted from most climate regulation rules anyway.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will listen to anybody who lives like this and complains about global warming. I honestly will. Other than them, I can't help but feel that anybody else is an hypocrite.

I follow some of them. I'm not sure how serious you were about them, it kinda seemed like you were putting up an insurmountable barrier. You can certainly be interested in changes to avoid pollution/global warming/etc & do some of the things that you forbid and still not be a hypocrite.

Some of the things you said are actually worse for the environment.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
probably because its among the dumbest opinions anyone could possible have about it.

the climate is a global thing so the global populance has to have a say in this.
the us feeling it can just pull out of it, thats whats entitled
Sorry, but I really don't think I have a say on the politics of a sovereign land I don't belong to.
I can suggest things, I can try to come to an understanding.
But unless I plan to go into war and conquest said land, I don't have a right to decide what to do for them. That is the meaning of sovereignty.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not fact and religion are two different things. Science is constantly changing and sure some things considered science won't be correct but that doesn't make it religion lol a supported theory based on evidence should not be compared to a faith based belief system that breaks the known laws of the universe. Not ragging on religion, just showing how these things are in no way related.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A solid majority of people in the poll believe the US should stay in the Paris agreement, but many of those people also didn't vote for the candidate who would have done that.
I see, well it's obvious that a lot of people who would consider themselves right have views that would be contrary.
It could also be a slight ignorance on their part to the rulings of their elected president.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The thing that bothers me more is that people believe Trump pulled out because he doesn't care about the impact it may or may not have. He even stated himself that he wants to renegotiate the terms to better benefit us as a country.

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Climate always changes. From warm age to ice age to warm age and so on, it is an endless cycle (that is a fact). Humanity may have speed up the process but the link between CO2 and warming is not scientifically proven. The models used are arbitrary and cannot predict the past or present climate right (that is a fact). Another fact is that CO2 is essential for life and leads to global greening. But the overall mechanisms are extremely complex and we do not nearly understand it because there are so many, partly unknown variables involved.

The poles will melt anyway (by definition of the warm age) and we cannot stop that. So we better should prepare for the changing climate. The two degree goal is completely unrealistic, if the climate really changes temperatures will go much higher and we can do nothing about it. Paris with it's 0.2 degree Celsius proposed effect will not be sufficient anyway and is not worth the effort. We would need to completely abandon cars and oil to stop a potential human effect which will not happen in the near future.

The only thing we can do and should do is prepare for the changing climate.

Last edited by Enteking,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: