Do you believe in climate change/global warming?

Do you think Trump pulling out of the Paris climate change deal was a bad thing?

• Total voters

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't matter how you're trying to justify your decision to yourself and everyone around you after the fact. objectively, you voted for trump and because you would have known that, you can't argue 'MY VOTE WAS MEANT TO REPRESENT THIS THING OR THAT'. because it doesn't.
you're in a majority type of voting system. you could pull that stuff in germany, where its not majority and winner takes all. but you aren't.
your vote only had two possible purposes. help clinton or help trump. nothing else.
and you chose help trump, who's only chance to win, from the getgo, was idiots like you throwing their vote away in his favor.

and your vote didn't send any message to the dem party other than 'next time, send someone who's basically like trump'. you have not proven anything other than that you are among the people who'd throw their vote away and let their own country burn for their own egotistical reasons.
allowing that man to win is going to shape your countries political playing field for potentially decades to come and not in a good way. because the same way the parties believed 30 years ago that the optimal candidate had to be big with broad shoulders, they're going to learn that in some way, a donald trump represented qualities that are winning factors for the next candidates.
No, I literally didn't vote for Trump. This isn't opinion, it's fact and you're factually wrong. I cast a vote and it wasn't for Trump. And the Democratic and Republican parties both see votes not for either of them, and realize if they want those votes in the future they will have to send someone better in order to get them. Also, you want to talk about vote not counting, in my state the result was set in stone so really there was nothing my vote could do besides send a message because of our electoral system where only a few states votes actually matter and the majority are essentially preset outcomes. So no, you're factually wrong and your logic doesn't hold up, and congrats you essentially told the Democratic party "Ya you can give us a shithead who doesn't care one bit about us, wants to bomb innocent foreign families, voted for invading Iraq and was trying (and for the most part succeeded) to rig the primary, but as long as she isn't Trump I will vote for her" where as I said "give me someone who cares about me and I'll vote 1st party." A vote for a third party candidate helps neither candidate. Fact. The candidates have to earn my vote, no one gets it by default so I didn't deprive Hillary of a vote. Fact. Hillary didn't earn my vote. Fact. I'm not trying to justify anything, I'm trying to explain to you that just because you like someone doesn't mean she's untitled to my support when there's another candidate who is actually a decent human being.

Reactions: grossaffe

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And the Democratic and Republican parties both see votes not for either of them, and realize if they want those votes in the future they will have to send someone better in order to get them. Also, you want to talk about vote not counting, in my state the result was set in stone so really there was nothing my vote could do besides send a message because of our electoral system where only a few states votes actually matter and the majority are essentially preset outcomes.

and you are so extremely wrong about this, its not even funny anymore.
parties barely care about people who dont vote or who vote for candidates with 0 chance.
those votes are pretty much lost causes to them and since, again, this is a majority kind of voting system, they don't really matter. you just need the majority of the important votes because these lost cause votes never happen to band together to become a threat to the only two choices that matter.

they care for the ones that cast votes that matter. which is why they will pander to them and no one else. your vote did not send a message the way you want it to be received (to do that, you'd have to get politically active and get in contact with those people in charge).

and the state flipping right this election does probably say a lot about this entire set in stone business.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and you are so extremely wrong about this, its not even funny anymore.
parties barely care about people who dont vote or who vote for candidates with 0 chance.
those votes are pretty much lost causes to them and since, again, this is a majority kind of voting system, they don't really matter. you just need the majority of the important votes because these lost cause votes never happen to band together to become a threat to the only two choices that matter.

they care for the ones that cast votes that matter. which is why they will pander to them and no one else. your vote did not send a message the way you want it to be received (to do that, you'd have to get politically active and get in contact with those people in charge).

and the state flipping right this election does probably say a lot about this entire set in stone business.
Ok so say my vote said literally nothing. I'd rather that than my vote say I support Hillary. And you know what, a third party candidate could win if everyone stopped having the mentality that they cant. Literally the reason they don't is because people don't think they will. And my state was set in stone. There was 0% chance of the outcome being different from predicted so my vote couldn't do anything other than send a message about who I will and won't support. And using your own logic, I voted for Hillary since you said a vote not for a candidate is voting for their opposition. So I guess I voted for Trump, and Hillary, and third party. Wow I must be pretty damn important if the government gives me 3 votes lol.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you afraid of global warming? Here is what you can do to solve it:

- Don't drive a car
- Use public transport
- Live in a low-energy flat built in the last decade. One room per person. Got 3 rooms? You need two more people to live with you
- Invest thousands of dollars into solar energy
- Don't use energy to heat your house at all. If you feel cold, go trim a sheep. We genetically modified them for a reason
- Don't buy bottled water. Your tap water tastes like ass? Too bad
- Don't eat anything that came to your doorstep by a truck
- Limit your energy consumptions
- Don't take a bath. Shower instead. No more than 5 minutes per day
- Don't buy anything made with non-recycled items. Bonus points if you avoid plastic altogether
- Don't buy meds. Ever
- Recycle everything
- Switch to digital data
- Don't have more than two offspring
- If you are bored, go play in a grass field or something. But don't play on the grass field to avoid hurting mother nature's creation
- Have two pairs of clothes: one for the house, one for when you are outside
- Don't use mobile phones. Use public phones
- Don't own a laptop. Or build one yourself from scrap material. For internet, use an internet cafe

I will listen to anybody who lives like this and complains about global warming. I honestly will. Other than them, I can't help but feel that anybody else is an hypocrite. Sure, I don't drive an SUV and I actually do many of the stuff I listed above, but it still won't be enough. Hell, in some cases, the points above will crush the economy.
While I agree with most of this in some countries the public phone thing is just a big no. Here pretty much every public phone has been removed and if I was to use one the nearest one is belive it or not roughly about 120 miles away from my home to make a trip to use it would be terrible for the environment lol unless I walked to it that is and that's a long way to walk only to find the phone is out of order.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

death360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that it made any difference if the U.S. stayed in the climate change pact. Yes I do believe humans are to blame for if not most of what is causing global warming. Anyone know what geoengineering is and if you don't I suggest you research it its very real.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that it made any difference if the U.S. stayed in the climate change pact. Yes I do believe humans are to blame for if not most of what is causing global warming. Anyone know what geoengineering is and if you don't I suggest you research it its very real.
While it was mostly a formal agreement, us leaving does send a very strong (and not positive) symbolic message of "we don't give a fuck, and neither should you"

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree with most of this in some countries the public phone thing is just a big no. Here pretty much every public phone has been removed and if I was to use one the nearest one is belive it or not roughly about 120 miles away from my home to make a trip to use it would be terrible for the environment lol unless I walked to it that is and that's a long way to walk only to find the phone is out of order.
If people would stop using phones, public phones would be around once again.

Jax_Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really, like literally the thing i said after that part you quoted. because voting restrictions help them by preventing first and foremost, poor, elderly and lets say, racially diverse parts of the population, from casting their vote. (which are currently much more likely to support the democratic party)
but maybe you're more of a visual type, so here's an extremely simplified video that might explain the gist of it to you

it doesn't matter how you're trying to justify your decision to yourself and everyone around you after the fact. objectively, you voted for trump and because you would have known that, you can't argue 'MY VOTE WAS MEANT TO REPRESENT THIS THING OR THAT'. because it doesn't.
you're in a majority type of voting system. you could pull that stuff in germany, where its not majority and winner takes all. but you aren't.
your vote only had two possible purposes. help clinton or help trump. nothing else.
and you chose help trump, who's only chance to win, from the getgo, was idiots like you throwing their vote away in his favor.

and your vote didn't send any message to the dem party other than 'next time, send someone who's basically like trump'. you have not proven anything other than that you are among the people who'd throw their vote away and let their own country burn for their own egotistical reasons.
allowing that man to win is going to shape your countries political playing field for potentially decades to come and not in a good way. because the same way the parties believed 30 years ago that the optimal candidate had to be big with broad shoulders, they're going to learn that in some way, a donald trump represented qualities that are winning factors for the next candidates.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

unfortunately, a few shrubs don't happen to have the same impact on climate change as keeping trees that have grown and absorbed co2 for hundreds of years.
no scientist was truly surprised by co2 supporting plant growth. its still getting warmer because those shrubs can't absorb as much co2 meaning its all still mostly in the atmosphere, causing greenhouse effect (together with all that methane that happens to be a byproduct of the meatindustry)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

good for you. watch the republican party pass restrictive voting laws over the next 4 years in all the states they won, so next time the dems throw in a qualified candidate that isn't hillary, he won't have a chance even with your vote

I agree, but the Dems can do the same in retrospective.

Jax

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I agree, but the Dems can do the same in retrospective.

Jax

if they get house and senate majorities and win back states in the midterms, they could, potentially and dems have never been below gerrymandering (though never to such ridiculous extends as the reps during the last 6 years)

but in the current climate of the president spewing lies 5 times a day online, selling order signings as passing legal legislation (pretending that's what getting things done means), slandering the media to ridiculously degrees, republicans creating some of the craziest dirty adds in recent history (check those anti-ossoff ads), gerrymandering in many states absolutely on their side, it might literally become impossible for democrats to win future elections.
unless they sink as low as the gop does. and honestly, if they did, what would be the point?

Jax_Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they get house and senate majorities and win back states in the midterms, they could, potentially and dems have never been below gerrymandering (though never to such ridiculous extends as the reps during the last 6 years)

but in the current climate of the president spewing lies 5 times a day online, selling order signings as passing legal legislation (pretending that's what getting things done means), slandering the media to ridiculously degrees, republicans creating some of the craziest dirty adds in recent history (check those anti-ossoff ads), gerrymandering in many states absolutely on their side, it might literally become impossible for democrats to win future elections.
unless they sink as low as the gop does. and honestly, if they did, what would be the point?
I don't disagree with you , it's quite the opposite. You see some Dems are open minded, as me.[emoji3]

Jax

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can we just wait to talk about the 2018 midterm elections please until 2018? I live in Georgia north of Atlanta and I had to listen to all the bullshit about handel and ossoff for months on end in the special election. And when I left the state for vacation it was plastered all over national news, there was no escaping it. I also don't think either one was fit for the job, with ossoff not even living in the district and getting almost all his money from outside of Georgia and handel having a lot of bad claims about her past being thrown at her throughout the election.

Reactions: Jax_Ripper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm