Homebrew [Discussion] Next Smea release looks like it's gonna be a big one!

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Really? That's odd, on my end Ironhax/Tubehax/Themehax fail 1 out of every 10 uses - it gets stuck on the black screen where it loads the ROP chain I believe, with Browserhax being insanely unstable. What firmware are you on?
Right now, my O3DS is on 10.1.0-27E, but it was the same on 9.9.0 or 10.0.0.
And for me, it is not a black screen, always a grey or white one...

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm on 9.6 and it works 1 out of 5 times on average for me. I'm never anywhere where there isn't internet so idc about that really. CHMM2 works for me and I got different BGM in some themes, so I'm not sure what you mean. Besides, I have my DSTWO if I really want to play something TubeHax can't. (which I find incredibly sad)

Oh neat. I don't follow the development of CHMM2 very closely but I'll have to give it a try later. Thanks for the tip.
And yes, I own a DSTWO as well but it's a battery hog on 3DS. DS-mode games and homebrew look better on the DS Lite anyway, everything looks a little blurry on the 3DS screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Right now, my O3DS is on 10.1.0-27E, but it was the same on 9.9.0 or 10.0.0.
And for me, it is not a black screen, always a grey or white one...
That's strange. Maybe it's because you're on an European firmware? I'm on USA 9.9 and it works alright.

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yes, I own a DSTWO as well but it's a battery hog on 3DS. DS-mode games and homebrew look better on the DS Lite anyway, everything looks a little blurry on the 3DS screen.
I have one of those Nyko Power Pak+ batteries and my 3ds lasts pretty much all day even with my DSTWO. But I know what you mean. Its embarrassing that my DSLite is currently more powerful than my 3DS. Really hope to have Kernel Access soon. I know it will happen, just gotta wait patiently.

Last edited by uberpubert69,
Reactions: ric.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
No kernel, no dice.
Easier said than done.

This could mean we can finally have gba working !!! and even more new things with the O3ds getting more memory!!
It's just 16MB so don't get too excited. A lot of the issues with 3DS emulation right now are not related to RAM at all. From what I understand the reason most emulators run slow is because of the laughably slow clock speed of the O3DS' processor, not because of a lack of RAM. But we'll see.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
This could mean we can finally have gba working !!! and even more new things with the O3ds getting more memory!!
Well... Unfortunately, I don't think so. An emulator (at least, in this case) doesn't use a lot of RAM. It just need more brute power, or more optimisation. For the brute power, Smealum said that it is possible to use the maximum speed of the N3DS CPU (804MHz, vs something like 200MHz on the O3DS).
For the optimisation, there is dynarec, but it can only be used with a kernel exploit (and we don't have that on 9.3+).
So I don't think this update is going to change many things for emulation on O3DS :/

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Will the screenshot thing be doable with same region games? God, i LOVE screenshotting, my sister gifted me Kid Icarus Uprising for my Bday and the fucker doesn't allow taking screens with Miiverse. It's so frustrating

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Will the screenshot thing be doable with same region games? God, i LOVE screenshotting, my sister gifted me Kid Icarus Uprising for my Bday and the fucker doesn't allow taking screens with Miiverse. It's so frustrating
I don't see why it shouldn't, as long as the cartridge is still launched through RegionFive.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Senran Kagura shots :Pervyface:

Ok, now in a more serious manner. I'm happy to know that the lastest ninjahax wasn't the end of the road for O3DS users. Between GPU rendering coming soon and this next months are going to be really exciting.

Where did you see anything about GPU rendering exactly?

Reactions: Margen67

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Where did you see anything about GPU rendering exactly?

It has been mentioned in the Retroarch thread a few times. They already have it figured out but it's still not implemented for some reason. Please @teampleb correct me if i'm wrong.

In any case, things look less and less dire everyday, and that makes Osaka happy :)

Last edited by Osakasan,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been mentioned in the Retroarch thread a few times. They already have it figured out but it's still not implemented for some reason. Please @teampleb correct me if i'm wrong.

In any case, things look less and less dire everyday, and that makes Osaka happy :)

I just looked through about 6 pages from that thread and don't really see anything except 1 post that mentions GPU rendering...

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how we're foaming at the mouth for this update but we have no idea when its going to come, or what's in it exactly other than a couple minor things. :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo