Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention how weird some translations turn out, you have to reconstruct the whole sentence over in english, that's why it takes so long
That's exactly it. We had an HF quality translation nine months ago, but we want to release a professional quality one. Plus, translation really does take a long time, professionals can cut that time by having large teams and of course, getting paid to do the job. If we could find a way to translate games full time, we could easily put out one a year.

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
That's exactly it. We had an HF quality translation nine months ago, but we want to release a professional quality one. Plus, translation really does take a long time, professionals can cut that time by having large teams and of course, getting paid to do the job. If we could find a way to translate games full time, we could easily put out one a year.
It would help if the "translators" on the web actually worked right. Or if someone created a device that you just scan over a line of text and it pops up the translated version (that would be awesome)

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would help if the "translators" on the web actually worked right. Or if someone created a device that you just scan over a line of text and it pops up the translated version (that would be awesome)
That would be awesome. It's basically impossible, though. Getting a computer to understand natural language to any extent is extraordinarily difficult all by itself, and accurate machine translations are basically impossible.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google Translator app has something like this although it only works with European languages atm.
Well, it tries, and for basic things you can usually get something approximating an accurate sentence, but there's two important things about it. First, all Google translations work primarily based on the translation suggestions humans have suggested, making it more a crowd sourced translation than a machine translation, and second, the grammar is still usually wrong. I get a lot of people who volunteer to work with us as translators who send back jibberish spat out by Google. We can always tell when that happens, because the first thing we do when we get a bad translation is see if it's 95+% matching Google's translation. Romance languages might be a little easier, but not much.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it tries, and for basic things you can usually get something approximating an accurate sentence, but there's two important things about it. First, all Google translations work primarily based on the translation suggestions humans have suggested, making it more a crowd sourced translation than a machine translation, and second, the grammar is still usually wrong. I get a lot of people who volunteer to work with us as translators who send back jibberish spat out by Google. We can always tell when that happens, because the first thing we do when we get a bad translation is see if it's 95+% matching Google's translation. Romance languages might be a little easier, but not much.
Tbh. I wouldn't suggest using a translator for full sentences anyway especially not for story sentences.
During my Cyber Sleuth coverage for the wiki I can easily translate Item names and Moves but Move effects, passive abilities and so on are pure gibberish and if I hadn't played that game for 70 Hours and know all the mechanics I wouldn't know how to rephrase the sentence so that it makes sense. But with Story sentences you don't have any context. that can be understood without knowing Japanese, to work with.

reinzhart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Good news everyone! I just finished the colosseum and the adjusting the linebreaks in File City. Besides testing, there's just two files to work on now, the second half of the cards, and the super boring post battle comments in the colosseum.

thank you for you and all team member for this wonderful TL project
i don't ask for release date but i read you about streaming before release right?i would likely watch that

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did someone happen to the translation?
I've glanced through the blog and saw something about a cat and broken laptop.
My cat broke my laptop, but no, I keep backups on three different machines plus cloud storage. I'm just not able to edit or translate at work until I have my laptop up and running again, so I've been working more slowly the last few days.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
My cat broke my laptop, but no, I keep backups on three different machines plus cloud storage. I'm just not able to edit or translate at work until I have my laptop up and running again, so I've been working more slowly the last few days.

That sounds bad, hope you fix your laptop soon.
And i bet something like this happened

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Broke my resistance factor to try the game again in JP mode... *whacks Growlmon* "let me pass you jerk!!!"

Oh on a side not has anyone been working on a walkthrough for this? And perhaps a polished version of the digivolution guide cause I have no clue at all what some of those terms mean on gamefaqs XD

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little annoyed about Tri. They've hyped it for a year, and delayed it by six months, and it turns out it was only ever going to be six episodes.

Dart: If you're talking about the orange Growlmon in the Powdery Cliffs, you need to have a Digimon equipped with a strong fire skill. There's a regular Growlmon you meet in the Fluorescence Cave that has some kind of event related to the Tsukaimon you can wake up in the bus on the Railroad Plains, but I forget exactly how that one goes.

Reactions: Pablitox

Fhufuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news everyone! I just finished the colosseum and the adjusting the linebreaks in File City. Besides testing, there's just two files to work on now, the second half of the cards, and the super boring post battle comments in the colosseum.

Is it wrong I saw this as Dr. Fansworth from Futurama ? "Good News Everyone ! "
xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)