Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

LuckasMell

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm working on translating this game to portuguese (like a hobby for me to learn and to share this game translated with my friends).
But without some tips it gets very hard.. hahaha.
So, for now I solved the text limit problem (with my little C# skills, hhahaha), but I have no ideia how to deal with images files(.img). I tried to do some stuff, but I couldnt even read the image right..

If you guys could give me some tips for that I would be thankful.

Well, besides that, congrats for this project, it is awesome!

If anyone wants to translate for hobby and if Romsstar allow me I could share the modified text tool....

Thank you guys!!

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't. its not yet released and though its pretty close to being complete, there is no estimated release date. it might be a few more weeks, or it might be a few more months, in case there's going to be some kind of beta testing phase
There will be a testing phase, but it's not going to be a "beta" open or closed that people can be part of. We're doing it internally, the members of the team and a few close friends and family members.

We haven't quite entered testing yet, but we probably will soon. How long that lasts depends entirely on how many bugs and/or typos we find, so we still can't give a release date estimate.

Reactions: PatrickP

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been around for a while and around since this project originally started up. I must say you guys have come a long way.
Great work and peace.

Reactions: Hargrun

AliceTheGorgon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<insert obligatory hype for project here>

I apologize if this was answered in the thread somewhere (129 pages is a bit long to comb through), but it wasn't in the first post anywhere, so I figured I should ask just to be sure:

Do you all have any plans to release the tools you used to help make the patch once it's done?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<insert obligatory hype for project here>

I apologize if this was answered in the thread somewhere (129 pages is a bit long to comb through), but it wasn't in the first post anywhere, so I figured I should ask just to be sure:

Do you all have any plans to release the tools you used to help make the patch once it's done?
Unfortunately no, I would be in favor of it, but since I didn't make them, it's not up to me.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
There will be a testing phase, but it's not going to be a "beta" open or closed that people can be part of. We're doing it internally, the members of the team and a few close friends and family members.

We haven't quite entered testing yet, but we probably will soon. How long that lasts depends entirely on how many bugs and/or typos we find, so we still can't give a release date estimate.

Question, why make the "beta testing" a long procedure when you could make it a faster one? I mean 20 people(The people who made the translation+friends+family members) VS thousands of people who are waiting for the translation to come out.
I think the latter would give you faster and probably better results. I know that you guys want to make a Perfect translation but i'm pretty sure with all of the beta testing there will be still typos in the translation.

Reactions: CathyRina

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, why make the "beta testing" a long procedure when you could make it a faster one? I mean 20 people(The people who made the translation+friends+family members) VS thousands of people who are waiting for the translation to come out.

There are a number of reasons, but the two main ones are that we don't want our names attached to an inferior patch, and that frankly, most people are not actually very good at what we need done. We can find the obvious typos, misspellings and the like, with a spell check program, and we have, but places where the dialogue needs to be improved or are not a close enough translation require considerably more effort and skill than most non team members possess. And both of those don't even get in to the extra effort needed to open a bug tracker and decide which suggestions from random people have merit and which can be ignored.

You also assume that thousands of people would actually report issues rather than simply playing the patch as though it were not a beta.

Blackstar97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that if Sporky and all the members need another month or more is good, is better a perfect final product, if they release the beta patch and anyone will report a bug there should be patches over patches so it would be a pain, we waited 3 years, so what is a month or more?

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Beta testing definitely takes lots of time and concentration. A simple play through is just beta testing the game itself instead of beta testing the translation. Definitely required since they poured so much of their time and soul into the translation effort already.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Beta testing definitely takes lots of time and concentration. A simple play through is just beta testing the game itself instead of beta testing the translation. Definitely required since they poured so much of their time and soul into the translation effort already.

And yet I can't wait till we finally release it... It's a great game but after my 12th or 13th run through it from beginning to 100%, it really gets irritating...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.