Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
435 replies, 38,700 views, this could be the most acessed/ replied topic in the psp section of gbatemp :OOO

Shows there are still a lot of digimon fans in the west.
No where near mate
The you are banned thread in the eof has like 400 pages. This only has 30
My pokemon conquest thread has 100+ pages
Both digimon lost evolution translation threads have more pages, explore the temp more mate
none of the threads you mentioned are in the psp section.

rjfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems after World 1, Bandai basically just went with generic RPGs (although I loved DMW3). Digimon World series should have been treated like the Tag Tamers, D1 Tamers, Brave Tamer and Anode/Cathode games, continously improving the game with each installment much like Monster Rancher and Pokemon, instead each game was drastically different and the series had no identity, oh well.

If they did that they'd have a pretty solid series right now.

edit: derp

Nightmare_SE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was looking at the spreadsheet and came across battle commands, here's some changes to the translations based off Digimon World 1:

Use lowest SP cost attack only = Moderate
Use Strongest attack only = Attack
Let him be (Partner does whatever he likes to do) = Your Call (personally "Fight" would suit this best)
Guard/Wait = Defend
Change Target = Change (Change Target or even just Target sounds better)

Not sure if Avoid the enemy or Move is supposed to be "Distance", sounds like the latter.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DW 1: Digimon raising/ lots of exploration to be done
DW 2: Dungeon crawler/ Rpg
DW 3: Turn based RPG with a bit of exploration and VERY story driven.

They were all very different games, but Digimon World 1 was the best Digimon world game hands down, the only thing i didn't like about it is that it was VERY buggy, and yet i play DW 1 to this day, 12 years later, i can't think of another single player game i used to play as a kid that i still do play.

When they announced RE i was like holy shit! 11 years later i'll finally get the sequel i was waiting for??? With all i loved about digimon world 1 and the newer digimon? But then they decide not to localize the game, but thank god BA digimon fans decided to make a translation for this game.(Even though i play it in japanese anyway, no way i wouldn't play the sequel of the best game i played in my childhood even if i can't understand a single word and just mash O in the dialogues xD but i can't wait to actually understand the story ^^)

No where near mate
The you are banned thread in the eof has like 400 pages. This only has 30
My pokemon conquest thread has 100+ pages
Both digimon lost evolution translation threads have more pages, explore the temp more mate

Is that so? i only checked the first few pages so i didn't see those ^^
(i was tempted to color your text)

Idk, for some reason I can't get into DW1. It makes no sense cause I'm a huge Digimon fan and I've also enjoyed the Monster Hunter games so it should be perfect. I'm playing it on my Psp now to get ready for this game and it's kind of confusing. Never enjoyed DW2 but I was totally addicted to DW3 when I was a kid. I never finished it because the boss fights were so hard but I played it for years.

hentailover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite game being pretty playable in Japanese without the knowledge, I'm still thankful for your work and do patiently wait for a patch. BUT:

I really laughed at the post a couple of pages back how it takes nintendo 6 month to translate a pokemon game. If translators at nintendo really took 6 month to translate the game, they would've been fired for an extreme incompitence. Release delay has nothing to do with the translation (it's Nintendo, if they needed they could've made a translation while game was in development and release all versions at once) and has everything to do with market.

In fact, the translation patch for black and white 2 is almost done and we are talking about guys like you... working for free and without official tools working irregularly. Do you really think it takes 6 times longer to translate it by the guys who do it as work, everyday for set amount of hours a day without need to worry about tools and technical stuff?

Now don't take me wrong, I don't mean it as in "HURRY UP"... You are free to take the pace you find managable and appropriate, since once again its a free fan project. I just found that statement naive.

Kisei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I created an account here to state my support for you, I'm also a Digimon fan for a long time. Though I've never got a chance to play DW1 but I finished DW3 two times and spent hundreds of hours playing DW2 ( it's my favourite digimon game by far )

Thanks for your hard work.

Chaotik

Trophies
XP
Country
SuzieJoeBob said:
Not exactly; they realized that if they were to make a remake of only one Digimon World game, the first one would be the most profitable. It's always about profit...

I hope I understood you wrong and you're not saying Re:Digitize is a remake of the first Digimon World.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Despite game being pretty playable in Japanese without the knowledge, I'm still thankful for your work and do patiently wait for a patch.
Not with the broken sprites. I really need that patch as with broken images only the text tells you what to do. Hence broken sprites + Japanese = no chance.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Not exactly; they realized that if they were to make a remake of only one Digimon World game, the first one would be the most profitable. It's always about profit...
OR. I was correct and they realized that the other Digimon games where garbage and looked at their sale chart and realized it actually dropped after their first game. The only digimon game outside the first that i like is the TCG. And no its not a remake. Do some research.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR. I was correct and they realized that the other Digimon games where garbage and looked at their sale chart and realized it actually dropped after their first game. The only digimon game outside the first that i like is the TCG. And no its not a remake. Do some research.

You're only talking about the PS1 games right cause the DigiWorld DS games did great.

Masterofknees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Made an account to show my support. Played the first one for quite a lot of years, and no matter what they released afterwards it never stood up to the Digimon World 1. Digimon World 3 was killer though, and the Championship one for DS was also cool, but the first one is one of my favorite games of all time, and when I heard they were making another game from the same concept I was filled with joy. I hate playing Japanese games though, no matter what game it is, so I'm cheering for you guys to make a joyful experience for us all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol