Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,594,737
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The conversation is getting a bit stale here. A constant circle of one person asking when it's ready or if it's still going, somebody telling them, then no real quality conversation until somebody else asks when it's going to be released, rinse and repeat!

So let's get a more interesting conversation going. If you don't know too much about Lost Evolution, but know Dawn/Dusk quite well then this is for you.

For those familiar with Dawn/Dusk, which features from those games do you want to see continued into LE? and which do you want removed/updated to something better? Also something I will add - Features you've seen in screenshots for Lost Evolution that you're not too confident about.

I'll start but I'll only do a few bullet points for each, or I will write pages and pages, I can always go into depth later if people really get involved in the input!

Also knowing Digimon World DS could help you as well.

Features from Dawn/Dusk/DS I want to see in Lost Evolution:
  • DNA Digivolve - I think Digimon World DS missed a treat with this feature that Dawn/Dusk introduced to the NDS, it brings a whole new level to team diversity and gives a good long term end-game goal to strive for when thinking about Digimon which require multiple DNA digivolutions like ImperialdramonPM & ChronomonHM.
  • Big Bad Bosses - Bosses spanning across 2-3 of the battle zones should always make appearances in these games! They look good, they feel good when you meet one, and knowing you're going to get heaps and heaps of S.EXP after the battle adds to the happiness of boss battles!
Features from Dawn/Dusk/DS That need to be improved/removed for Lost Evolution:

• More in-game information on Additional S.EXP / Bits - I am a big fan of the Exp Rings, Bit Rings etc. . . However, It is pretty frustrating playing with them equipped to a Digimon, when I first started playing NDS Digimon games there was no transparency regarding how they were ACTUALLY benefiting me after a battle - "Slightly/Greatly/Drastically increase amount of x after a battle" . . . .combine that with S.Exp after battle just being displayed as a flat number, it doesn't help me very much, it's not telling me what I really want to know. I can do tests with rings equipped/traits on my digimon but if you're playing it for the first time then you're not going to be doing that. Maybe have a bonus figure included in the after battle screen.
    So S.Exp could look like this:

Exp Modifier: 20% (This will go up or down based on trait/equip etc...so you can see what bonus you get.)
    Bird - 1000 (+200) - 1200
    Aquan - 1000 (+200) - 1200

What Myself, and Many More I'm Sure, Actually Wanted to Know:
    -Does equipping more than one of these Exp rings, have any benefit to me?
    -Does having an Exp ring equipped in addition to having an Exp trait in my team (like Calumon's) have any stacking effect?
    -In-relation to the above question, if they don't stack, does it take the "highest" multiplier?
Features I have seen in Lost Evolution and Don't Quite Understand:

• Bug Plates: What are they? is this the equivalent of Scan Data? I need 100% to be able to generate the Digimon?
If people can get involved and reply that would be cool, I'm interested to know what your thoughts were on the games predecessors, and your hopes for what Lost Evolution should/could be like.

Thanks,
Smittles!

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The conversation is getting a bit stale here. A constant circle of one person asking when it's ready or if it's still going, somebody telling them, then no real quality conversation until somebody else asks when it's going to be released, rinse and repeat!

So let's get a more interesting conversation going. If you don't know too much about Lost Evolution, but know Dawn/Dusk quite well then this is for you.

For those familiar with Dawn/Dusk, which features from those games do you want to see continued into LE? and which do you want removed/updated to something better? Also something I will add - Features you've seen in screenshots for Lost Evolution that you're not too confident about.

I'll start but I'll only do a few bullet points for each, or I will write pages and pages, I can always go into depth later if people really get involved in the input!

Also knowing Digimon World DS could help you as well.

Features from Dawn/Dusk/DS I want to see in Lost Evolution:
  • DNA Digivolve - I think Digimon World DS missed a treat with this feature that Dawn/Dusk introduced to the NDS, it brings a whole new level to team diversity and gives a good long term end-game goal to strive for when thinking about Digimon which require multiple DNA digivolutions like ImperialdramonPM & ChronomonHM.
  • Big Bad Bosses - Bosses spanning across 2-3 of the battle zones should always make appearances in these games! They look good, they feel good when you meet one, and knowing you're going to get heaps and heaps of S.EXP after the battle adds to the happiness of boss battles!
Features from Dawn/Dusk/DS That need to be improved/removed for Lost Evolution:

• More in-game information on Additional S.EXP / Bits - I am a big fan of the Exp Rings, Bit Rings etc. . . However, It is pretty frustrating playing with them equipped to a Digimon, when I first started playing NDS Digimon games there was no transparency regarding how they were ACTUALLY benefiting me after a battle - "Slightly/Greatly/Drastically increase amount of x after a battle" . . . .combine that with S.Exp after battle just being displayed as a flat number, it doesn't help me very much, it's not telling me what I really want to know. I can do tests with rings equipped/traits on my digimon but if you're playing it for the first time then you're not going to be doing that.
    What Myself, and Many More I'm Sure, Actually Wanted to Know:
    -Does equipping more than one of these Exp rings, have any benefit to me?
    -Does having an Exp ring equipped in addition to having an Exp trait in my team (like Calumon's) have any stacking effect?
    -In-relation to the above question, if they don't stack, does it take the "highest" multiplier?
Features I have seen in Lost Evolution and Don't Quite Understand:

• Bug Plates: What are they? is this the equivalent of Scan Data? I need 100% to be able to generate the Digimon?
If people can get involved and reply that would be cool, I'm interested to know what your thoughts were on the games predecessors, and your hopes for what Lost Evolution should/could be like.

Thanks,
Smittles!

I've played a little bit of this game in Japanese (well, most of the game I'm kinda stuck since i can't understand Japanese)

DNA in Lost Evolution is so much better. Basically it's gone...(at least for many of early levels like Pailadramon and Omegamon) What happens is you find evolution plates (im betting the title is indicative of the situation that the player finds himself into in that evolution is just lost and you need to recover the lines for the Digimon)

So you find these plates that then bring two different Digimon into one point. Basically if you have a WarGreymon and you want to make Omegamon, all you need is the plates for Omegamon, and the DNA/Warp plate and then if you have the corresponding one for MetalGarurumon, you can then take that Digimon down the Gabumon evolutionary line, getting all the techs and stats boosts available to them. It's awesome!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Thanks,
Smittles!
this might be a bit offtopic. but you're right conversation here is stale, because the team never gives us any updates :(

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They are busy, you know? Maybe they are, Idon't know, working the extra mile to finish faster?

You guys should be a bit more patient.

that's bollocks. posting an update takes all of two minutes. they're just the not the type to communicate well :)
i mean honestly, not one update in a month? that's a bit eh. especially when before that aaron was updating every few days and then that abruptly stopped for no reason. seriously one small update is not a lot to ask for.

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They did say check the main page for progress....however, the main post was last updated November last year which does ask some questions. Yugix will even get alerts every time somebody posts on the thread so it's not like he doesn't know we're asking the questions.

If you're asking us to be patient, then we should also be allowed to ask for some sort of communication.

When communication becomes non-existent, people start to ask the wrong questions: has it stopped, are they not working on it anymore. That makes people more impatient, being patient for a project we are not sure is still running is quite difficult.

After all, Knowing what is/isn't happening will play a key part in my patience!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that's bollocks. posting an update takes all of two minutes. they're just the not the type to communicate well :)
i mean honestly, not one update in a month? that's a bit eh. especially when before that aaron was updating every few days and then that abruptly stopped for no reason. seriously one small update is not a lot to ask for.

You people sure are hasty and impatient.
Some translation groups don't give any news for years, only showing signs of life again once the project is complete.
Being annoying won't make it any faster, quite the opposite. Heck, The Romhacking Aerie makes at most three updates a year (and that's in general, they work on a lot of projects at the same time and most don't get any news in years).

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi guys,

We are still working on the translation but there is no much to tell so we don't update. I hate to update for the sake of updating without real progress.
Also, Aaron is not available these days, I think he is busy with real life issues since he is married and have children.
For me, I have changed my job and I got much trouble to adapt to the new timing and my life. So, I don't work on this project that much.

As for what is remaining for the translation, we have 2 things to do right now. CK_Byuu is checking and fixing the old translation done before.
I am working on inserting the text in the game, but I don't have much to do now since fixing translation is on progress.

That's what is there to update. I don't know when we will be able to finish it but please keep supporting us.

Joltlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we all just need to calm down and let the team do their thing and as far as asking for updates or when it will be done Yugi said it best' they all have lives outside of this project, so the best thing to do is just wait for them to do what they are doing like I have been waiting since day one.

takuyayagami

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much this thread has become drama based to hurry up Yugix... Damn it guys he said one of the guys is married and Yugix has work -.- give the team a break.

Attachments

• comments.jpg
    comments.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: Pablitox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu