Hacking Devolution - Public Release

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With classic controller support, I guess that means Wiis that don't have gamecube ports are good to go? I don't own one of those, so I was just curious.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One but though...if i understand correctly, after Disc verification, the verification is done with the wiimote...so you always need the wiimote you verified the game with..

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like Nintendon't is gonna have some competition...

I'm gonna have to test this out once I get back from vacation.

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
Does the widescreen keybinding work for somone? Or is The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition not support for widescreen (PAL Version, tested with Majora's Mask)?

I can alteast not find any difference, all other keybindings work for me. Ah and Wii U Pro-Controller Rumble works.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey tue if your still reading here..

i reverified my discs on my wii, but when i go to run deevo in wiiU, it cant mount my hard drive, yet it can boot up anything else on my drive, so the drive is connected

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried the r200 version on my Wii U. It's neat that i can play SA2:B on my Wii U but, i'd rather wait for Nintendon't. Let's say some of my GC games comes from either friends to whom i gave the original disc back or games that i got using a more or less legal way.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
DANG I only JUST finished hacking my in-law's family addition Wii last night and gave it back to him. I was sad there was no GC support. NOW THERE IS. I'll have to see what I can do to get him to buy some GC games.

I also once again have some sample loader mod and WiiFlow plugins to recompile :D

Does the widescreen keybinding work for somone? Or is The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition not support for widescreen (PAL Version, tested with Majora's Mask)?

I can alteast not find any difference, all other keybindings work for me. Ah and Wii U Pro-Controller Rumble works.
I'll have to double check this but I kinda think the widescreen hack for that games didn't even work with DML. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not having any luck getting it to work on the wiiU.. with the games on the sd card, it just gives the 00000000 id and cant change it or start a game.. if i try to use my harddrive, it says it isnt mounted.. no luck on the wiiu for me

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, when I read the readme, I think it says they don't work at all yet. :wink:
The only thing the readme says that isn't supported on the Pro controller is the "transferring" of disc verification from a Wii to Wii U.

EDIT: Has anyone tried using a 3-inch disc expander for game verification on a Wii U?

Reactions: Maxternal

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Holy crap! :blink:

Okay, what amazes me more is that tueidj actually found a way to keep anti-piracy in place while still allowing for the family wii and wiiu (of which at least the latter cannot read the discs...I'm not sure on the former) than his actual skill to make classic controllers and the rest work, but still...very nice work.

And a good one as well. I accidentally bought a spare family wii some months back (false advertising, I tells ya). I'm certainly going to use this feature to transfer everything from my trusty old wii to the new one. :D

Oh, and for those interested: the part of the readme concerning what to do to get it working on another wii/wiiu:

<step 1-> 4: to be done on a wii with gamecube support, just as earlier builds>

Step 5 (OPTIONAL): If you plan on playing the game on other Wii or WiiU consoles, you will
need to connect one or more wiimotes to the wii now. If the wiimotes are not currently
paired with this Wii just press the red sync button on both the wii and the wiimote and
wait for it to connect. Once connected it should have one light flashing on and off
repeatedly.
Step 6: Insert the original Gamecube disc for the game you are loading. The wii should
read it for a few seconds then the slot led should flash five times.
Step 7: After a short wait the game should start. If instead Devolution exits back to
HBC, check to make sure the .iso file is a clean, identical copy of the disc's data.

In the future when you launch this game using Devolution it should start without needing
to insert the original disc. However if you launch the game on a different Wii/WiiU, you
will need to perform Step 5 (connect one of the same wiimotes used in the original
process) instead of being able to skip boths Steps 5 and 6. Only wiimotes may be used for
this purpose, not WiiU Pro controllers nor PS3 controllers. No guarantees are made for the
behaviour of third-party wiimotes.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I tried playing Animal Crossing with a Wii Classic Controller Pro. Is it me or the controls are set funny. Like the letters do not match the one of gamecube. I kept toggling back and forth between CCP and GC Controller, and it does not align up right.

EDIT; Y is B // B is A
This is weird

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...