Hacking Devolution - Public Release

sabfrompc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I posted in another thread, I'm an idiot. I found a way to bypass it in the NAND, and mistook that as a form of verification. I'm sorry to anyone I mislead...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the xml is not always updated, and until now it had v1.0 instead of the revision number.
Best way to check the current revision (without a Wii) is to check the loader.bin's header in an hexeditor or just check the archive's date to see if it's newer than the one you have.

Reactions: kp_centi

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yes, look in the settings of the loader, if the option's not there, update the loader.
I know at least USB Loader GX and WiiFlow have that option.

nermal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, look in the settings of the loader, if the option's not there, update the loader.
I know at least USB Loader GX and WiiFlow have that option.

Thanks, I'll try.
Although I have been using devolution directly from the homebrew channel and I thought maybe there would be some option, without the need of another loader.

Skeeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe someone here can answer…

I'm not sure, but could it be that I have to re-verify my GC games each time I switch hard disc?

I have 2 Discs, 1TB and an 80GB, the later one containing games mainly I play, the other one games my son also plays. The 80GB is in my room, the 1TB is in our living room. Now my son lately played Luigis Mansion on the 80GB and I verified the game. Then again on the 1TB. Today I had teh 80GB connected again and I again had to verify.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a question to the developer.

Since you have already got gamecube games to work with the wii controllers, do you think it would be possible in the future to have wii games use the gamecube controller. From what I understand you are using dolphin code to emulate the gamecube controller and memory cards, do you think it would be possible to use dolphin code to emulate the wiimote to play wii games old school with a controller in hand?

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone here can answer…

I'm not sure, but could it be that I have to re-verify my GC games each time I switch hard disc?

I have 2 Discs, 1TB and an 80GB, the later one containing games mainly I play, the other one games my son also plays. The 80GB is in my room, the 1TB is in our living room. Now my son lately played Luigis Mansion on the 80GB and I verified the game. Then again on the 1TB. Today I had teh 80GB connected again and I again had to verify.
The .DVV files were not on your other HDD. It should be in the Devo folder in your Apps folder.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
every time you change anything on your HDD you have to re-verify. thats why I have a small HDD for gamecube games only. that one is never plugged into my computer or anything, it is ust there on the wii and works like a charm. 128GB is not much but if you consider that it fits 100 gamecube games (and i dont even have that many) its enough^^

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
If anyone's interested I recompiled the r188 sample loader for the wide screen option turned on now that it's reportedly working correctly (that part of the sample loader code looks the same as r169 but people say there's something different)
http://www.mediafire.com/?pqk2ewju69ai4zb

Also, I updated my Devolution WiiFlow plugin to r188 for anyone who wanted to use it without having to move the folders games into folders for WiiFlow.
It now loads faster because because it doesn't start WiFi logging when it starts.

[ See my plugin thread for download link http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/ ]

You can change the WiFi log, widescreen or drive light options by adding a second argument to the INI file.
You do this by adding together the numbers for the options you want :
1 = WiFi logging
2 = WideScreen
4 = no drive activity light
and then in the INI file at the end of the line that starts arguments= you add a | (the "bar" character) and then the number you got from adding the options together.
For example, if you wanted to turn on WiFi logging and Widescreen you would add |3 to the end of that line.
I've included an example INI for widescreen that you can use as is or look at to understand what I described above.

Reactions: ToddofWar420

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's interested I recompiled the r188 sample loader for the wide screen option turned on now that it's reportedly working correctly (that part of the sample loader code looks the same as r169 but people say there's something different)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jyhzi4zc3lqh2ob

Also, I updated my Devolution WiiFlow plugin to r188 for anyone who wanted to use it without having to move the folders games into folders for WiiFlow.
It now loads faster because because it doesn't start WiFi logging when it starts.
http://www.mediafire.com/?35q142l4qp23uy9
You can change the WiFi log, widescreen or drive light options by adding a second argument to the INI file.
You do this by adding together the numbers for the options you want :
1 = WiFi logging
2 = WideScreen
4 = no drive activity light
and then in the INI file at the end of the line that starts arguments= you add a | (the "bar" character) and then the number you got from adding the options together.
For example, if you wanted to turn on WiFi logging and Widescreen you would add |3 to the end of that line.
I've included an example INI for widescreen that you can use as is or look at to understand what I described above.
I checked it out...Where's the loader.bin? I neend it for regular wiiflow usage.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I checked it out...Where's the loader.bin? I neend it for regular wiiflow usage.
that would be in the OP in the source package link. Even though the OP says it's an older version the link is always to the newest version (in this case r188). My links have the loader.bin compiled into them. For the loader.bin file the widescreen is only available is the loader (wiiflow) asks for it. At the moment only the latest beta versions of wiiflow (wiiflow-mod) can actually tell the loader.bin to do that but in that case you just have to set the same widescreen option you would have for dml.

Drunk_caterpillar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys! I posted this over in the USB Loader GX thread but maybe it belongs here instead. Anyway, I'm new here and having a problem that I haven't found a solution for. I'm running USB Loader GX r1209_IOS249 with Devolution r188 and for some reason I keep getting this error:

USB Loader GX said:
Error: You need to install Devolution or DIOS MIOS (Lite) to launch GameCube games from USB or SD card

I have Devolution in sd/apps/gc_devo and it also has the loader.bin file from the gc_devo_src.zip file in there. I also have the path for the gc_devo loader set correctly. Does anyone know if I am missing something? I would love to get Devolution to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay