JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm just saying his project died ignominiously. He hasn't been on in nearly a month.
I update my projects every month or so, that doesn't make them dead.

Oh, and Windows 7 goes at least a month before each set of updates. Apparently it's died and been resurrected dozens of times.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
The program is not dead. It got updated. Hence it is alive. And even if it were dead (which it isnt) most games work pretty good so it would not be as sad to see it go as some other programs (cough Wii64/WiiSX cough). But since it got updated yesterday, no need to worry^^

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thanks for your project bro :)
Looks i have got a classic controller for wii thinking i would be able to use it for gamecube game :(
IS there any way i could do it ? or does exist any tweak or other hombrew that does it ???

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
eosia, no, you can't use a Wiimote or CC with Devolution, yet. It's a planned feature, though.

Anyway, here's my experience with this new build from 2 days ago(I'll grab my USBGecko to see what the official version number became):
Zelda FSA: No longer crashing with the on-screen text dump. GBAs are working fine.
Phantasy Star Online Episode 3: Working online with modem emulation now.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hacksden seems to have had devolution related discussions after gbatemp went down, but interestingly:

Hacksden will back very soon

Krafter
HacksDen Admin

wiidatabase.de lists following as new r160 features:

- replace nearly all game-specific patches with five tiny generic patches
- adjust the wrap indicator bit when reading the PI fifo write pointer register
- improve mouse compatibility
- fix a FP context bug that caused rare random crashes

//edit
Info on r168 is available nowhere it seems though

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Phantasy Star Online Episode 3: Working online with modem emulation now.
This is definitely a nice one.
Has anybody tried one of those things for running mini-discs in a regular drive yet?
Hopefully this won't become like the 64gb SD cards, that no one was willing to drop the cash to try one out without seeing it working for someone else first.
It isn't THAT expensive, though.

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be honest, you only wanted to post this to show off :P

Nope, I will do that after I buy all the games.... j/k I am though upset that it doesn't do NGC. I just can't see why they haven't the current ability - maybe this is where the author of Devolution went, pleading his case for employment to NINTENDO or trying to justify why his program can be so useful for the virtual channel..

I was surprised though how easy it was for me to purchase one - I had way more trouble getting a Wii and they had 4 (albeit white units) sitting on the shelf at a local store at 1000 hours, is this a sign that maybe Nintendo is going to meet demand, or people are tired of the N ? For what its worth, the download of the new critical update is ANNOYING and taking forever, Nintendo needs to sort this out before some disappointed kids can't play at the holiday.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ANNOYING and taking forever, Nintendo needs to sort this out before some disappointed kids can't play at the holiday.
I heard from a relyable source that that some parts of the wii u menu were just finished on time but it was not possible to intergrate it because the hardware needed to be shipped, thats why they had to make an update..

cee43ja1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those running configurable usb loader, are you having any problems running devolution? CFG is v70r49, and updated devolution (11/16) from the loader itself.

i was about to play wind waker today, and launched it from CFG. instead of booting right away, the drive slot was flashing twice. popped in the disc, and after the drive was done reading the disc, the drive slot blinked eleven (11) times, and kicked me back to system menu. i deleted the .DVV files, thinking they got corrupted somehow, but the eleven blinks happened again.

then, i tried using the devolution launcher from the first post. low and behold, the drive slot flashed five times. right now, i'm moving the GC isos to the /games folder, so i can re-verify my discs with the devolution launcher.

it's odd, because i was playing wind waker two days ago, perfectly from CFG.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'll be going to Pennsylvania to see family for a week this Thanksgiving, I ripped all of my GCN games and verified and tested every single game I own on r168. During this I noticed two things that had changed from r160 that nobody commented about:

1. You can now press "B" to go back to the HBC after you have mounted a USB drive or SD card. Previously this would only work before mounting a USB drive or SD card, not after.

2. TIMESPLITTERS FUTURE PERFECT WORKS!!!! As Captain Falcon would say... YESZ!

With that, now every single GCN game I own works with Devolution. :D ....except for Nintendo Puzzle Collection since I don't have legit copy yet. v_v *sigh* But "she-who-controls-the-moneys" wouldn't let me import one. :(

EDIT: In other news, I just realized we can't test if Devolution works on the Wii U because the sample loader requires a GameCube controller. >_>

gng4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
:angry: Remember Gamecube console is dead, with its games published no more. Patent is over, dunno why this Devolution sticks to AP. If you have the original games before, lucky for your retrogaming. If you dont, no way you would buy again the games as they are long gone.

The only pro for this loader is it supporting audio streaming, but con is the AP, asking you not to use it.

Unless there is a crack for AP (or the author change attitude to release a non-AP ver), this loader is completely useless.

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^AP talk has been done to death.

Gamecube games are far from "long gone". I never owned a Gamecube and ended up buying the games I wanted on eBay/second-hand retailers; verify them with Devo and then sold them on at a profit. Was win win in my eyes.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
:angry: Remember Gamecube console is dead, with its games published no more. Patent is over, dunno why this Devolution sticks to AP. If you have the original games before, lucky for your retrogaming. If you dont, no way you would buy again the games as they are long gone.

The only pro for this loader is it supporting audio streaming, but con is the AP, asking you not to use it.

Unless there is a crack for AP (or the author change attitude to release a non-AP ver), this loader is completely useless.
If you don't agree, then don't use it...and i agree with Overseer...
If you still want to talk about AP, go to the correct topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: