XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Frankly I'm pissed off that I spent $20 getting a copy shipped from the US to test with only to find that it works perfectly fine
I don't plan to ask for any donations, although at some point if there's a particular game that someone wants fixed I might have to insist they provide it or at least the means for me to get it; I'm not going to fork out for a copy of MGS from my own pocket, for example.
LOL

Reactions: 1 person

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frankly I'm pissed off that I spent $20 getting a copy shipped from the US to test with only to find that it works perfectly fine
I don't plan to ask for any donations, although at some point if there's a particular game that someone wants fixed I might have to insist they provide it or at least the means for me to get it; I'm not going to fork out for a copy of MGS from my own pocket, for example.
LOL
I was using MGS as an example of a game that costs a lot more than the amount I would be willing to spend, not sure what's so LOL worthy about it (besides the people who think it would be a good idea to start a donation drive for a measly $20).

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I've inserted an usb gecko in slot B the disc verification crashes in r128, no matter what game is launched. When I take it out the verification process runs fine.

Once a disc is verified the game launches fine when the usb gecko is present. Here is oc the log.
Log shows you're not using the sample loader...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
LOL
I was using MGS as an example of a game that costs a lot more than the amount I would be willing to spend, not sure what's so LOL worthy about it (besides the people who think it would be a good idea to start a donation drive for a measly $20).
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you say in that original post "I will not fork out for MSG, but I will for a lesser value game", so I just took your example words for a very generic statement as being implied that you will not spend any of your own money to fix a game that someone claims as an issue that you don't already own. But in that case, since you are in fact willing to spend $20 on a game to confirm a bug and try to fix an issue I'm sure I can find a few to to throw out there. :D

j/k. Sorry man, I just had to point it out. With all the times that my own words have been used against me in the past I just could not pass up the opportunity. No harm or offense meant, really. I'm just trying to be funny.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please do not let's start a war meaningless.
I already said that the same happens to me, please be appeased and cross our fingers that be fixed in a future release.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you say in that original post "I will not fork out for MSG, but I will for a lesser value game", so I just took your example words for a very generic statement as being implied that you will not spend any of your own money to fix a game that someone claims as an issue that you don't already own. But in that case, since you are in fact willing to spend $20 on a game to confirm a bug and try to fix an issue I'm sure I can find a few to to throw out there. :D
Do not worry if what he need is the game I will send mine.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tested F-Zero GX again (Devolution r128) now with a dump image of my unofficial memory card used as an emulated memory card, seems like my savegame loaded fine (no prompt to erase corrupted save file or format memory card), of course, after loading the game locks up.
So unofficial memory cards dumps seems to work?

Unofficial and official memory card dumps work with Devolution, hope F-zero get fixed anytime soon

I mean, official memory cards dumps of F-Zero GX results in a corrupt game data message. Other saves works just fine.
That's why ask if you manage to get a working dump of F-Zero GX, it seems like it works only with unofficial memory cards only.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean, official memory cards dumps of F-Zero GX results in a corrupt game data message. Other saves works just fine.
That's why ask if you manage to get a working dump of F-Zero GX, it seems like it works only with unofficial memory cards only.
Both the official MC and their dumps (emuMC) functioning in F-Zero GX... But of course the game does not work.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Upgrade your version of Devo, that problem happen before with previous versions.
And I suppose you speak about raw image of the MC, not the individual F-zero save.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Upgrade your version of Devo, that problem happen before with previous versions.
And I suppose you speak about raw image of the MC, not the individual F-zero save.

The raw image of my MC works just fine for every game in Devolution, only F-Zero save has problems (memory card is corrupted, must delete the save message).

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried a different raw image of another MC (251 blocks official) already had a save of F-Zero in it and works.

You are using the latest version of devo? Maybe the problem is your MC, maybe a log helps to know what happens, although I do not see much sense if the game does not work.

Aroenai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having problems with the loader taking longer than previous builds to ask for the disc? It seems like I was able to insert the disc right away when I ripped my other games, but after the update it took somewhere around 15-45 seconds for the light to start blinking for games like Super Smash Brothers Melee and Super Mario Sunshine. Games work fine after they've been verified, I just thought it was odd.

Anyway...

Any chance we could see features like forcing 16:9 widescreen rendering or enabling progressive scan for games that didn't originally support it (Tales of Symphonia doesn't support 480p)?

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I've inserted an usb gecko in slot B the disc verification crashes in r128, no matter what game is launched. When I take it out the verification process runs fine.

Once a disc is verified the game launches fine when the usb gecko is present. Here is oc the log.
Log shows you're not using the sample loader...
Oh its possible this log is not from the sample loader.. but with sample loader same crash same spot

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devolution hates my hard drive, and so does CleanRip. The sample loader is useless to me. It fails to mount my hard drive, and if it does, AP disc check doesn't initialize and it sends me back to the home brew channel. Sometimes, I get lucky when trying through wiiflow, and I can verify like its supposed to. When I try to rip from CleanRip to the hard drive, it errors out every time. CleanRip to USB flash drive? No problem. Also, the sample loader works well off the USB flash drive too. Hell, even when I plug the Hard Drive into Windows, it takes a while to show up. Soooooooo.....

Everything else works on it, wii games are fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new hard drive? I'm currently using a seagate free agent goFlex 500GB, with one FAT partition @32k clusters. I like the smaller drives with no external power supply. Do you think USB 3 has anything to do with it? Would a format help? It's a pretty new drive, but I'm sick of playing around with this thing. I'm also up to date with the current revs, but honestly, this has been a problem since the very first release. I know it's not a devolution problem, but if someone could suggest a better, more devolution friendly hard drive, I'm all ears.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Devolution hates my hard drive, and so does CleanRip. The sample loader is useless to me. It fails to mount my hard drive, and if it does, AP disc check doesn't initialize and it sends me back to the home brew channel. Sometimes, I get lucky when trying through wiiflow, and I can verify like its supposed to. When I try to rip from CleanRip to the hard drive, it errors out every time. CleanRip to USB flash drive? No problem. Also, the sample loader works well off the USB flash drive too. Hell, even when I plug the Hard Drive into Windows, it takes a while to show up. Soooooooo.....

Everything else works on it, wii games are fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new hard drive? I'm currently using a seagate free agent goFlex 500GB, with one FAT partition @32k clusters. I like the smaller drives with no external power supply. Do you think USB 3 has anything to do with it? Would a format help? It's a pretty new drive, but I'm sick of playing around with this thing. I'm also up to date with the current revs, but honestly, this has been a problem since the very first release. I know it's not a devolution problem, but if someone could suggest a better, more devolution friendly hard drive, I'm all ears.
Try increasing the cluster size to 64K. That will mean a reformat (or making a new partition), but it should speed things up. That does mean you can't use DM or UNEEK though.

Edit: Nevermind, that won't do anything for mounting the HDD.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering, is there any way of using devolution to run gamecube homebrew?

I was thinking specifically in the original ctr-gcs, it would be fantastic to use that app over wifi by the means of devolution.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested F-Zero GX again (Devolution r128) now with a dump image of my unofficial memory card used as an emulated memory card, seems like my savegame loaded fine (no prompt to erase corrupted save file or format memory card), of course, after loading the game locks up.
So unofficial memory cards dumps seems to work?

Unofficial and official memory card dumps work with Devolution, hope F-zero get fixed anytime soon

F-zero GX works just fine on DML. Why not use that until it's compatible with devolution?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, is there any way of using devolution to run gamecube homebrew?

I was thinking specifically in the original ctr-gcs, it would be fantastic to use that app over wifi by the means of devolution.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Gamecube_Homebrew_Launcher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: