Hacking Devolution - Public Release

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I created a blank memory card through Dolphin, and import all my .cgi files, creating a 16mb .raw
Strange enough with Devo my games still say that the memory card is corrupted, in Dolphin the saves works just fine...

@[member='tueidj'], here's the dump I got with ctr-gcs 0.2 (251 memory card): http://www.mediafire...6ucy8lrc89yc9tx
I may have misunderstood your post, but it sounds like you're trying to import individually extracted saves into a RAW file with Dolphin. I believe what you should be doing is make a RAW dump with ctr-gcs (tueidj's modified build), then import the saves from that RAW file into the 16MB RAW file using Dolphin. Then rename it to memcard.bin and place it wherever you're meant to fro Devolution.

Reactions: 1 person

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I created a blank memory card through Dolphin, and import all my .cgi files, creating a 16mb .raw
Strange enough with Devo my games still say that the memory card is corrupted, in Dolphin the saves works just fine...

@[member='tueidj'], here's the dump I got with ctr-gcs 0.2 (251 memory card): http://www.mediafire...6ucy8lrc89yc9tx
I may have misunderstood your post, but it sounds like you're trying to import individually extracted saves into a RAW file with Dolphin. I believe what you should be doing is make a RAW dump with ctr-gcs (tueidj's modified build), then import the saves from that RAW file into the 16MB RAW file using Dolphin. Then rename it to memcard.bin and place it wherever you're meant to fro Devolution.

Yep, I import the saves one by one...
Now I used a blank memory created by ctr-gcs 0.2, and then import the cgi (saves) one by one through Dolphin, it works now :yaywii:

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tueidj, in an upcoming revision you could make the sample loader search the games at the same path as usb loaders?:
x:\games\(whatever)\game.iso
thx in advance.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that if you verify with a 1:1 rip then compress it with discex -c it still works with devolution.
EDIT: Works with some games - you have to try them yourself.

Also, can graphic glitches be fixed with the aid of log files?

Reactions: 2 people

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
r115 is now available.
- Patch memory card unlocking to use MEM2 instead of ARAM
- Memory card dumps from any type of card are now supported
- Fixes for Vexx, X-Men Legends 2, Smuggler's Run: Warzones, SSX Tricky, Legends of Wrestling, Def Jam Vendetta

The source code for the sample loader has been updated to allow memcard.bin to be any size >= 512KB instead of always requiring it to be at least 16MB, other loaders should do the same so they can properly support all memory card dumps.

Reactions: 6 people

NJ7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r115 is now available.
- Fixes for Vexx, X-Men Legends 2, Smuggler's Run: Warzones, SSX Tricky, Legends of Wrestling, Def Jam Vendetta

The source code for the sample loader has been updated to allow memcard.bin to be any size >= 512KB instead of always requiring it to be at least 16MB, other loaders should do the same so they can properly support all memory card dumps.

Awesome.....are these new fixes on the games listed making these games working 100% with no graphical glitches or do they work with limited issues......keep the fixes coming.....nice work once again.....By the way, tested this with Super Mario Sunshine and now it 100% of the time freezes on title screen so some regression on that game, just to let you know.....can't get into the ingame part...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I doubt it. The biggest (unofficial) Gamecube memory cards were 16MBytes. The ones you see sold online as "32MB and 64MB" are mbit, not mbyte. Big difference. :P

..Although it would be fun to experiment with creating a blank memory card image that large, and then seeing if Devolution can handle it.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Now that real memory cards work, along with all sizes of memory card dumps, what is the next set of features that are planned?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How the real memory cards work? I tried r115 without using the "unlocking" method and the results were the same(memory card damaged).
Is there another method found?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How the real memory cards work? I tried r115 without using the "unlocking" method and the results were the same(memory card damaged).
Is there another method found?
Perhaps your card really is damaged? The people who tested tueidj's ctr-gts build with the same fix as r115 found that it worked for all their cards. Did you try it? If not, perhaps try it now (it's back a few pages). Also try running a GC game normally from the disc channel to make sure the card works normally.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
r115 is now available.

Awesome.....are these new fixes on the games listed making these games working 100% with no graphical glitches or do they work with limited issues......keep the fixes coming.....nice work once again.....By the way, tested this with Super Mario Sunshine and now it 100% of the time freezes on title screen so some regression on that game, just to let you know.....can't get into the ingame part...

Same here, Sunshine can't play in this build

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh