Hacking Decrypt9 say my console is USA but I bought it in EUR

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Wait what. A9lh lasted through a ctrnand transfer. Weiird man. K try USA. Might have just gotten a U device. Like @Jayro said.

If CTRtransfers did lose a9lh your suggestions would have been reckless. As he would have a full brick (black screen on stock firmware + no NAND backup).

This is REALLY strange. You said one of the transfers allowed you into safemode? It may have errored out because it couldn't find an access point or wifi was disabled.

Rafa10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes my access points was deleted but I can set them up and have a successful connection, the error appear at the beginning of the update

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
If CTRtransfers did lose a9lh your suggestions would have been reckless. As he would have a full brick (black screen on stock firmware + no NAND backup).

This is REALLY strange. You said one of the transfers allowed you into safemode? It may have errored out because it couldn't find an access point or wifi was disabled.

There is no extdata for the homemenu. This means the homemenu might be botched. (Or it is uninstalled, or otherwise unable to boot.) I was assuming this from the start and was hoping it would be fixable by way of ctrnand transfer. We might just have to do the safe mode update :/

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I delete USA REGION right ?
wait I don't have this folders in the 00000000 folder, I have 000002ce and 00000229

On discord 3ds.guide they say that : 2ce is home menu theme, 229 is eshop stuff (eshop music etc)

So she's brick and I can't do anything?
Maybe just try backing up your nintendo 3ds folder then dleating your Nintendo 3ds folder and restoring it when done.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There is no extdata for the homemenu. This means the homemenu might be botched. (Or it is uninstalled, or otherwise unable to boot.) I was assuming this from the start and was hoping it would be fixable by way of ctrnand transfer. We might just have to do the safe mode update :/

Which is my point, exactly. If you get home menu botched/corrupted NATIVE_FIRM. Poof, brick. And on a stock firmware this means goodbye if you had no backup.

Thing is, a CTR transfer should fix almost all issues a normal user would have.

Try booting safe mode, and after configuring the access point hit the cancel button (this deletes previous update data that may have been stored/corrupted) and try to get into safe mode and updating again.

There's something else i'd like to know. What were you doing the last time your 3ds worked normally, OP?

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I purchased a american console ? AHAH

According to the other posts yeah, it seems you have an American imported console.
No big deal though. As i've seen a few EUR 3ds in my country as well. (our region is USA). The only difference is the obvious region lock not allowing you to play US games on an EUR console and vice versa on stock firmware

EDIT: By OP i mean "Original Poster" of the thread. That means you, the one with the issue. What were you doing exactly the last time your 3ds worked as normal?

Last edited by Alex658,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo