Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Right. So I have NO clue as to what the actually says "とくしゅのうりよく" but it shows up above the Frame Abilities. SO I'm thinking we should translate it as "Frame Ability" but again, no clue what it actually says.

Also Max, here's a list of all those files and what they say. If you have any questions let me know.
_SEQ_01_.d.bmp=
Up/Down = Select
Circle= Decide
Cross= Cancel
Square= Remove

u_bi_guide.d.bmp=
Up/Down= Select
L/R = Page switch
Circle = Decide
Cross= Cancel
Circle2= Revoke/Cancel

u_bi_set_txt.a.bmp
1st line= Register the set? (I think)
2nd Line= Set

u_cc_guide_13.d.bmp
Up/Down= Select
Cirlce= Decide
Cross= Cancel
Triangle= Data Switch
L/R Bttn= LBX Switch
Select= Help

u_cc_LBXname_txt.d.bmp
1st Line= Custom Name (Shorten if you gotta)
2nd Line= LBX Type

U_CC_LBXSTATUS.d.bmp
YellowL= Weapon A/B View
YellowR= Speed Rank
White1= Weight
White2= Armor
White3= Grade
White4= Skill

u_cc_tx.d.bmp Line= No Grease
U_CC_MTITLE1.a.bmp Title= Customize
U_CC_MTITLE2.a.bmp Title= LBX Parts
U_CC_MTITLE3.a.bmp Title= Core Parts
U_CC_MTITLE4.a.bmp Title= Attack Function
U_CC_MTITLE5.a.bmp Title= Battle Item
U_CC_MTITLE6.a.bmp Title= Parameters
U_CC_MTITLE7.a.bmp Title= Weapon
U_CC_MTITLE8.a.bmp Title= Maintenance
U_CC_MTITLE9.a.bmp Title= My Sets

u_cc_passive.d.bmp
Row1 L= Speed+1
Shield(and chunk below it)= Cut Damage Proof
Row2 L= C Gauge+20%
Row3 L/R= Attack Function +20% & Attack Function +10% (ATFun+20%, ATFun+10% maybe?)
Row4 L/R= BT Use 1/2 & BT Use 1/3
Right= Attack +10% (Atk +10%)

U_CU_FCN_STATUS.d.bmp
Row 1L= Attack Damage
Row 1R= Attack Range
Row 2L= Attack Type
Row 2R= C Gauge
Bottom= C Gauge

u_en_error_00.d.bmpPink= Custom Error (Cust. Error or just Error)

u_en_error_01.d.bmpOrange= Special Ability

Updated Main post with current Text/Images progress.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
とくしゅのうりよく means Special/Unique Ability(abilities). とくしゅ(特殊) - tokushu means special, unique, peculiar and のうりょく(能力) means ability, faculty. I'm guessing the uppercase よ in 'のうりよく' that you gave above is a typo.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Oh! Yep. Sure enough you're right! Also didn't know that Tokushu meant special or anything like that. Thanks Frank!

Edit: Sooooo I found out there's about 47 passwords in the game and only about 14 of them online. Time to find out what all these Passwords unlock!

In case anyone was curious I went ahead and updated the Password Page on the Danball Wiki.
http://danball-senki.wikia.com/wiki/Passwords

Edit2: Also it would appear my theory on DLC was correct. The DLC was merely activation data. All the Actual "DLC" is stored in the game and should be getting translated with everything else. I believe the only DLC for this game was a few Quests, Gashapon, and some LBX Cards so they'll get translated.
(P.S. DLC Gashapon is expensive as fuck. 10k-40k per try.)

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem. I guess the uppercase よ was what tripped you up when you tried to look it up. :)

Anyways, the DLC... do we have to sign up to PSN or anything to get it?

EDIT: Translating the weaponexplain, I came across this sentence: 砂に杭を打ち込むように装甲を貫く。
Now translating it, it means 'Pierces armour like driving a stake through sand.' I'm think of changing it into 'Pierces armour like hot knife through butter.' Do you think it conveys the same meaning and import?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
No problem. I guess the uppercase よ was what tripped you up when you tried to look it up. :)

Anyways, the DLC... do we have to sign up to PSN or anything to get it?

EDIT: Translating the weaponexplain, I came across this sentence: 砂に杭を打ち込むように装甲を貫く。
Now translating it, it means 'Pierces armour like driving a stake through sand.' I'm think of changing it into 'Pierces armour like hot knife through butter.' Do you think it conveys the same meaning and import?

Something along those lines would be fine.
As far as the DLC goes, just gotta sign up for a PSN and you can download it. Doesn't matter if it's a US or JP PSN.

EDIT: ALSO! I figured out what the 2 options Under "Data Import" are for! The 1st one is for importing Saved Data from Danball Senki. The 2nd one is for starting New Game+ using your old clear data!

EDIT 2: OK well didn't get much/anything done today. Been working on the Gashapon list for the Wikia. I'll probably be contributing a lot of data to the Wikia here soon.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, I bet the people and Danball wikia loves the fact that we're doing the translation... Hopefully they like what we're doing...

Oh, mistranslation note. record 126 in weapon name, you had Genbu's name as Xuan Wu. While technically right if you're using the chinese reading, it's actually Genbu according to the Japanese reading. So it's Four Holy Beasts Genbu. As in Genbu, Seiryuu, Suzaku and Byakko.

EDIT: Crashman, you had Gōtsuchi Dáinsleif as Rigid Hammer Boulder Slave. (record 76 I think). Dáinsleif is a old norse name. Only reason I recognise it is because I read To Aru Majutstu so...

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I bet the people and Danball wikia loves the fact that we're doing the translation... Hopefully they like what we're doing...

Oh, mistranslation note. record 126 in weapon name, you had Genbu's name as Xuan Wu. While technically right if you're using the chinese reading, it's actually Genbu according to the Japanese reading. So it's Four Holy Beasts Genbu. As in Genbu, Seiryuu, Suzaku and Byakko.

EDIT: Crashman, you had Gōtsuchi Dáinsleif as Rigid Hammer Boulder Slave. (record 76 I think). Dáinsleif is a old norse name. Only reason I recognise it is because I read To Aru Majutstu so...

Excellent. I'll fix those right away. As far as the Four Holy Beasts, I'll make sure those 4 match the ones which you've listed.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully you guys would like it when it comes out.

Also some more errata for CrashmanX. Record 79, オルトロス should be Orthrus, one of the beasts slain by Heracles during his tenth labour.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully you guys would like it when it comes out.

Also some more errata for CrashmanX. Record 79, オルトロス should be Orthrus, one of the beasts slain by Heracles during his tenth labour.

Updated the data.
Right now I've been doing some more poking around with the SD Gundam stuff so I've been neglecting Danball. I'll correct this right away though! BACK TO DANBALL!

EDIT: Also updated main post accordingly with current progress. We've still got a long way to go but we're getting there!

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Oooo. SD Gundam! Shiny! How'd it go? SD Gundam I mean. Did you get anywhere with hacking it?

EDIT: Record 233 on Weaponname should be Takemikazuchi instead of Bamboo Mikadzuchi. You don't have to translate it because it's a proper name i.e the name of a Japanese thunder god.

EDIT2: Record 87 on Weaponname, instead of Nightmare Zusouru it's Nightmare's Soul.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
About the same as before. 12k unknown files. However I'm trying to narrow down which sections contain data files for the unit names at the very least. A LLLLLLOOOOOONGGG time ago I managed to find a program that was able to give extensions to some files (Mainly TXDs) and also able to give the folders. However I can not find said program nor repeat it's results.

Weapons have been updated!

Thong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some trouble with:

#RECORD 51
ダクトの先に明かりが見える [Duct’s previous light appears]?
#RECORD 52
バン、アミ、カズvs霧島(イジテウス正面)[Ban, Ami, Kazu vs Kirishima (Front Ijiteus)]?
#RECORD 59
資材を落とせ!
Record #59 involves some sort of materials falling (and in context its a crate falling onto Ijiteus) but I find that line hard to translate. With 51 and 52, I just can't find a way to word them correctly.
also im sorry ive been inactive as of late ive been busy and im doing things little by little y'know all that jazz

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some trouble with:

#RECORD 51
ダクトの先に明かりが見える [Duct’s previous light appears]?
#RECORD 52
バン、アミ、カズvs霧島(イジテウス正面)[Ban, Ami, Kazu vs Kirishima (Front Ijiteus)]?
#RECORD 59
資材を落とせ!
Record #59 involves some sort of materials falling (and in context its a crate falling onto Ijiteus) but I find that line hard to translate. With 51 and 52, I just can't find a way to word them correctly.
also im sorry ive been inactive as of late ive been busy and im doing things little by little y'know all that jazz

S'all good. The Ijiteus is actually the "Ishideus" according to the Wikia. The crate falling onto the Ishideus is in fact correct as you drop a create onto the top of it.

EDIT: Also Record 51 is something along the lines of "Light is visible at the end of the duct"

Thong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S'all good. The Ijiteus is actually the "Ishideus" according to the Wikia. The crate falling onto the Ishideus is in fact correct as you drop a create onto the top of it.

EDIT: Also Record 51 is something along the lines of "Light is visible at the end of the duct"
Ah, thank you! I appreciate it.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Errata: Record 73 of WeaponName is Joker's Soul. Got 300 more entries to go before I'm done with WeaponExplain...

Yea, I saw that one earlier and was just sitting there thinking "how did I mess this one up?" So I already got to it. Thanks for the heads up though!
Go ahead and take as much time as you need. I'm slowly progressing threw a few other files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof