GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh.
biggrin.gif
That explains it then! How wonderful of the Japenese. I wonder what they like about it though, does it feel special and different to them?

And could you please tell me what changes when you change the stats on the character creation screen? What does it affect? Thank you
smile.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
And could you please tell me what changes when you change the stats on the character creation screen? What does it affect? Thank you
smile.gif
The 4 different books at the start just each have a different set of starting cards. You unlock the rest by playing.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guessed that you probably get a different deck (and perhaps an ability - but looks like you don't get any abilities after all), so I thought somebody would post a brief description of each of the decks.

But thanks for confirming that there's nothing else to be gained from there, just 4 different decks to choose from.
smile.gif

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stagnant because there isn't any more easy work to do. :-(

All that is left is to translate and patch the non-text portions, which are the game screens. I translated maybe 30-40% of them and Wes turned them into pictures for the patch.

Thanks for the kind words! Really! It's nice to know that this work doesn't go unappreciated!

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is that supposed to be ironic or not? Because in the past few posts there weren't so many praises...

But anyway, yeah, it's always great when a translation is done/or at least to this extent, so kudos to everyone! I've yet to play it, just tried the intro so far and choosing screens, but I believe it's gonna be a good translation.
smile.gif

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm just tried it again.. the patch link works for me. Here's what I did:
Went first to the location mentioned in the first post: http://culdcept.referata.com/wiki/WIP_Patch
From there I looked for the Patch link below the text "Latest(Work in progress) Patch Link"
(currently Patch but warning this will change).

This patch is really awesome and makes the game totally playable in english. PM me if you cannot get the patch still.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any chance that more text sections will be ripped and stuck on the wiki, or is this pretty much stagnant, Theli? It's awesome as-is, but completion would be even more awesome.

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Any chance that more text sections will be ripped and stuck on the wiki, or is this pretty much stagnant, Theli? It's awesome as-is, but completion would be even more awesome.
it is "pretty much stagnant", i have other stuff to do, newborn child, et cetera ... ie no time for this

also, what text are you refering to? as i remember things left to translate were the manual mostly and that was pictures

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
it is "pretty much stagnant", i have other stuff to do, newborn child, et cetera ... ie no time for this

also, what text are you refering to? as i remember things left to translate were the manual mostly and that was pictures
Congratz on the kid! I totally understand about being too busy to work on things like this. I just wanted to show that there is still interest in this project. It's so close to done.

The text I was talking about was the Gallery, the attack effect text that pops up in a small bar during battle, and the in-game info window text that indicates which area of the map it's on. There isn't much left other than that.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's also a few cards (at least in the book editing section) untranslated. I have:
'feathered dragon' ("E", Creature, Neutral/Dragon, ST:40, HP:30, G:80+[], Item limit: Armor)
'star medallion(?)' ("E", Item, Ring, G:100)
'cross-legged guy with glowing hands' ("E", Spell, G:100)

Sorry I can't be more descriptive, I've just started playing.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
There's also a few cards (at least in the book editing section) untranslated. I have:
'feathered dragon' ("E", Creature, Neutral/Dragon, ST:40, HP:30, G:80+[], Item limit: Armor)

Those 3 are the downloadable cards. They actually HAVE been translated, but when you download the card, it overwrites what was translated with japanese text again. We haven't found a way to keep them translated after getting them, but it would probably involve hacking the individual save file.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
twiztidsinz said:

Those 3 are the downloadable cards. They actually HAVE been translated, but when you download the card, it overwrites what was translated with japanese text again. We haven't found a way to keep them translated after getting them, but it would probably involve hacking the individual save file.
Oooh! Gotcha.
I kind of forgot that I downloaded some stuff last night while playing.
Thanks for clearing it up.
smile.gif

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
So is there going to be the finishing touch to this game
biggrin.gif
? the last 2% or so.
I don't wanna be a pain cause I did read above you're more than busy with RL, But I'm asking since you bothered replying at all to this thread. means you planning something or just like most of us lazing about.
Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: