DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The CPU usage of my PC is always more than +50% :huh:
Probably its not normal,I guess
The most of the CPU usage is chomped by the SVChost.
gallery_269267_21_203528.png
and the services are
gallery_269267_21_80661.png
can anyone help?
Also,the tasklist
gallery_269267_21_61704.png
any help would be appreciated.
EDIT :- Specs-
http://valid.canardp....php?id=2076880
[/spoiler]

Cause : Windows font cache Service
Fix : go to C:/Windows/ServiceProfiles/LocalServices/AppData/Local and delete all font*.dat files.

Thanks to [m]Rydian[/m] and all other tempers B-)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be really helpful if you described your system's components, sir.
If you're unsure about those details, specifically the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM, I would recommend going to www.cpuid.com, getting the freeware CPU-Z and installing it, then run the Validate button (it's pretty much the only button you can click in the program). You don't have to give it your email address either.
What Validate does is generate a web page you can then share with the 'temp on this thread that lists very specifically your most important computer components that might give away why your CPU is always under load.

Without information about your components, the information you already provided isn't necessarily very useful, but with the information, it may be very clear.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
First of all don't call me "Sir" :P

I was gonna edit my first post but I fell asleep :rofl:

I'll edit my post in a minute or 2

As from what I remember my specs are

Intel C2D E4500 @ 2.2ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM
Asus p5kpl*am/ps mobo

here it is http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2076880

alex_0706

darknessblade
Trophies
Website
nolink.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
well it is not dangerous (overclocking)
the pc is doing it itself
here are rumors that it destroys your pc but these are fake
overclocking is: making the pc faster and let is work even faster
the cpu is working for you at 2.5 ghz (i think could be higher)
dont worry you dount have to be afraid thatyour pc isnt working later anymore

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems like a problem with one of the services associated with that process I guess. I think this is the services list from the same svchost, but on my system:

gallery_171891_178_7378.png

(I got this information with ProcessExplorer: http://technet.micro...s/bb896653.aspx)

Apparently:

FDResPub - broadcasts computer resources on local network
FontCache - builds cache of fonts so applications can access fonts quicker
SSDPSRV - Discovers devices using SSDP protocol (without it, they won't be discovered)
upnphost - Allows computer to host UPnP devices (Univeral Plug n Play - e.g. many USB devices) - without it, they won't work
wcncsvc - Used to configure wifi settings

If your computer deals with these sorts of things a lot, that is probably why the CPU usage is so high. Do you share files or resources over a network a lot? (FDResPub and SSDPSRV would both be involved in this I believe)

You might want to try using ProcessExplorer and looking at the other tabs for the process as well, see if you can find any clues as to what is going on.

Reactions: 2 people

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you sifjar for actually noticing there's a software problem!

Chhotum, as stated, process explorer (which he linked) to can show you which services are running on svchost, try to make sure you have the right one by making sure the PIDs (Process IDs) match, as they seem to be generated over time so his may differ from yours and it may be different services. Hopefully it's one running only a few services so it's easy to narrow down.

Reactions: 1 person

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Sorry but I didn't got it.

I opened services and disabled all the services SifJar told.
But now the CPU is fluctuating from 0-100%,but first it was 50-100% ?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's not what I said to do...

Disabling services is generally a bad idea, there is a reason they exist. Plus they will mostly restart when they are needed. Instead, you should get ProcessExplorer (which I linked in my last post), find the svchost that is causing the issues using ProcessExplorer (run it as Administrator so you can access all options) and see which services are associated with it on your system (apparently they could be different on your system to the list I posted). Then look at the description of each service in ProcessExplorer and try to work out which one could be causing the issue.

In PE, find the svchost that is the issue, right click it and select "Properties". In the "Services" tab of the window that appears you can see a list of all the services associated with the process. In the "threads" tab, you should be able to see which service(s) are using most CPU cycles. Those are the services you need to troubleshoot (probably not best idea to just end them) - work out what they do, and why they may be high on your system. Google could be helpful. (e.g. "high CPU usage FDResPub" or whatever)

Also, make sure all your drivers are up to date and properly installed. A little googling tells me high CPU usage by svchost can be caused by bad drivers.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
But the SVChost which was causing problems is now gone coz I disabled it.
So I guess I'll have to enable the disabled services and then find that SVChost using PE,am I right?

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
OK,I'll post in about half an hour :P

EDIT:- I found the SVChost with PId 3616.
It consist of the services same as SifJar posted but I haven't enabled upnp.
and in the thread tab,it asks to download microsoft developing tools and its TID is 3532 and start address 0x0.

but now what to do?

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
When the usage is fluctuating to 100%, what's using 100%? In the task manager you can click the "CPU" column header twice to sort it to put the highest-CPU items at the top.
D: does it means that I again have to enable the disable services?
and IMO 50%-99% was/is taken by SVChost,1%-2% by Belkin Router Management,1%-remaining% by Daemon tools/or any other application(If turned on).
or if the CPU usage is >90%,then System idle takes the remaining one which I guess is normal.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Use the process of elimination, disable ONE of the services that's listed in there, restart, see if the issue still happens.
If so, re-enable that one and disable another, restart, and see if it still happens.

Do that a few times to try to see which service is causing it, and we can go from there.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Use the process of elimination, disable ONE of the services that's listed in there, restart, see if the issue still happens.
If so, re-enable that one and disable another, restart, and see if it still happens.

Do that a few times to try to see which service is causing it, and we can go from there.
OK done.
the one that was causing problem is "Windows font cache Service".

EDIT :- what to do now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work